Onkyo ht-r320 av receiver, need comcast universal remote codes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-19-2010, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know the correct Comcast Universal Remote Code for an ONKYO HT-R320 AV Receiver?

I can program the remote using codes: 30842, 30843, 30844 & the receiver will turn off (from a powered on status), but the Comcast Universal remote wil not turn the receivr back on. I'm programing the remote using the AUX as the device to control. I called Comcast & the woman said, "They put that "Search Feature" in there, but I don't know why? I can't even get 'MY" stereo to work with it!" Any help would be greatly appreciated. NOTE: This Onkyo HT-R320 receiver worked with the Comcast Universal remote from a Comcast DVR box (set up by my son from another state), but now, Poor 'Ol Dad can't get the receiver to turn back on, with the remote, & this new Comcast cable box.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM

I realize this is a 2 year old post... but was there ever a code found. I am experiencing the exact same thing.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Problem is the Comcast remote control..
It only has a single 1 button & 1 iR code capability for Power On/Off, yet the Onkyo AVR like the majority of AVRs have (2) IR codes for Power; 1 for On and 1 for Off...

My suggestion would be to go get a Harmony remote (sells for <$29), EZ to program and both the Onkyo and Comcast IR codes are available in their web based setup.

Just my $0.02.. wink.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Thank you for the reply. I wish I had saved the code I used previousely with my service electric motorola based DVR and remote. Like this comcast/cisco box's remote it only had a single power button as well, but somehow I found a code that worked... when I have time I will play with it and see if I can make it work. If so i will post what I find, if not I may just crack and get a different universal remote.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page