I have a few questions about the Yamaha HTR 5063. I have only basic understanding of new receivers, so I apologize if some of these questions are basic.
I will be running a 5.1 speaker set up. The receiver will be connected to:
-Samsung LCD TV (2 HDMI connections, 1 optical audio)
-Denon DVD (0 HDMI connections, 1 component video, 1 optical audio)
-Apple TV (1 HDMI connection); and
-blue ray player (don't have one right now but looking to get one - will have HDMI);
-old VCR (component video).
My questions about the HTR 5063 are:
1. Am I right that the HTR 5063 is the same (essentially) as the RXV 567? I have read that comment a few times, but am not 100%.
2. I will be connecting the TV to the receiver by an HDMI cable. If I connect the DVD to the receiver using a component video and an optical audio cable, will the video and audio signals from the DVD pass to the TV through the HDMI cable or do I need to have another component cable from the receiver to the TV?
3. My TV does not have ARC. Am I right that because of this I will need to have an optical cable running from the TV to the receiver (AV4)? In other words, I would have connected to the TV an HDMI cable and an optical audio cable (and possibly a component video, depending on the answer to #2), right?
4. Will my DVD and VCR signals be upscaled/upconverted to 1080?
5. I read that the RXV 567 (and I assume the HTR 5063) do not have OSD overlay. Does this mean that every time you change the volume, change the input, etc. that the playing video on the TV screen will covered up with an OSD to show the volume, input selections? Is there a way to set it so that the OSD will not interrupt the playing volume?
6. Are there any reasons/issues that the HTR 5063 would not work for my set up?
Thanks in advance for your help.