AVS Forum banner
186K views 620 replies 207 participants last post by  ChromeJob 
#1 ·
Two new models are up on Yamaha's web site. The 467 and 567 ( I consider the 367 a different platform as it's cabinet size is different.) The main addition from last year's line is HDMI 1.4 with support for 3D.

RX-V567 Rated power

7.1; 90 Watts / Channel; .9% THD at 1 khz

Power Consumption - 270 Watts

Weight - 18.7 pounds

RX-V467 Rated power

5.1; 105 Watts / Channel; .9% THD at 1 khz

Power Consumption - 270 Watts

Weight - 18.5 pounds

What's up with those power specs?

The 467 has a higher power spec, because it's 5.1 only. It's power supply is almost certainly identical to the 567.

No 20 hz to 20 khz power consumption spec is given. A guess is that these power figures can be met only with two channels driven.

Expect sub 50 watt / channel performance with all channels driven.

These receivers will be ok for many people's power needs. Don't expect to be able to play cleanly at high volumes. And use efficient 8 ohm speakers if at all possible. (This is nothing new when dealing with receivers in this class.)

Common Main Features

* 4 HDMI 1.4 Inputs

* Decoding for all common codecs ( TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc.)

* 5 AV inputs ( composite)

* Two digital; two coax inputs

* Audio return channel

* 2 Component video inputs

* HDMI 3D Support

* Can change inputs in standbye mode! (Nice feature if it works like I expect)

* Auto Power Down (Interesting feature?)

567 Only

* 1080p Upconversion

* OSD (Not 100% sure what this means, I am just reading the comparison chart)

* Can biamp

General thoughts

It's likely they took the previous line and added 1.4 and a few other goodies. The cabinet size, weight and power consumption of the 567 looked practically identical to the 565 for example.

Being able to switch sources in standbye mode, and auto power off looked interested to me. Otherwise, more of the same?

See less See more
#504 ·
That would have nothing to do with throughput; it would have to do with lag. The 567 may be doing some video processing that's introducing a bit of lag. I'm not sure if you can turn off all processing or whatnot. For gaming it may indeed be better to route the video straight to the display and use optical for audio to the receiver.

#505 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzarelli47 /forum/post/21576079

I have had the 567 for about 8 months now and really happy with it but being a gamer i have always been a bit suspect about the hdmi speed, well it seems my worries were correct put my xbox on to optical and hdmi straight to the tv and its made a big difference my KDR on Battlefield 3 has shot up lol!

Is there a setting for changing the speeds on the hdmi throughput?

things you can do:

1. Allow the receiver to just pass through the video (this is what it does now as it does not do any coversion) there is lag from the time that the receiver gets it, processes it to extract the audio, and then re-transmit the HDMI signal to the TV

2. Run HDMI straight to TV and then run SPDIF to the receiver . If you have the optional audio adapter that has SPDIF out.

3. If you have component cables, you can run them to the receiver along with your audio (opical or L+R) and then go from receiver to TV

Since my TV and Receiver do not get along this is what I do (I have a RX-V667 and a 32LG30 but the principle of the matter is the same):

4. For the Xbox 360 I run VGA to TV's PC INPUT and run optical to TV. VGA cable has optical out already built in. The advantage to this is that you do not get any HDMI issues and since the 360 cannot do anything better than 5.1, there is no need to deal with the issues associated with HDMI that are introduced if the TV, receiver, and 360 do not get along. This is what I do since my TV does not do any additiona processing to the VGA input and "just scans" that input resulting in a perfect 1336*768 display. Since the display is so small, I cannot honestly tell the difference between VGA and HDMI at my viewing distance so I choose the less troublesome route.

5. For the PS3, I run optical from the PS3 to the receiver and run HDMI straight to the TV. Since I do not use my receiver as a 7.2 setup, the audio gets processed to 5.2 and it works great.

6. For the cable box i run component and coax over to the receiver and then component over to the TV. Comcast only appears to to 720p with my box so that is what I get.

7. For the Wii, I run component along with L+R over to the receiver wich upconverts it to 720p and passes it to the TV

#506 ·
I have a question about the sound modes on the Yamaha RX-V647 and its been driving me nuts. I only use the receiver for 2 channel stereo mode. I have my blu ray, and cable box going into it all HDMI. On the remote I have it set to "2 channel stereo". There are also buttons called "straight" and direct". I know direct bypasses all the bass/treble and sets everything "flat". Straight has a different sound, is "straight" still stereo, or is it mono? The book says it bypasses all decoding in "straight mode", but is it still stereo mode ? Im confused.

#508 ·
HTR-5063, Polk Audio monitor cs2 an a set of polk audio monitor 50's. also using two sattelites an a powered sub from a klipsch hd500 " temp". Is there any reason why I should not be running the front 3 speakers as large? I hear recommended is everything small an let sub take over for everything below 80hz. Though personally I think the front soundstage sounds better with the front 3 carrying a wider sonic load.

also would like a quick understanding of " large an small " settings. in my situation, I currenctly have the crossover at 120hz, sub "yes " extra base "yes", front, L+R large. If I understand this, my front 3 is playing the full spectrum, The back 2 is cut at 120hz, an the sub is playing everything from 120hz down? And if I just set everything to small, extra bass off, all speakers are cut at 120hz, sub takes over for 120hz an below?

#514 ·
Well finally after few burns and few attempts, it worked , but it scared the hell out of me at some point, when I started playing the CD, the receiver screen "erase successful" then it started displaying bunch of numbers going past , the instructions don't mention any of that, so I let it go, thinking I will have to call yamaha for support to fix the receiver. when CD finished playing UPGRADE SUCCESS , HELL YEAH ,LOL relief and joy

Thanks.

#518 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigoo /forum/post/0

I've had an v567 for just over a year now. The HDMI in ports just stopped working. All of them. Anyone see this before? Thanks.

I've had mine for the same amount of time but I haven't experienced any issues like that at all. Did you use the same cable to test all the ports? If you did, try using a different cable.

#520 ·
So I tried updating my RX-V467 today so I could utilize my 3D-stuff. I burned the .wav file using ImgBurn, no problems. Played the CD in my blu-ray and connected it to the receiver via an Optical cable, so far so good. Firmware update started, bunch of numbers on screen, and then "Update successful!", "Please... turn off!". Everything according to plan.

But then when I tried to start the receiver nothing happend...
It won't react to pressing the Power button on the receiver or using the remote. Nothing happens. I've tried unplugging it and waiting for while, but that didn't work either. Google didn't offer any additional insight either.

I'm stumped here guys, what do I do?!

#521 ·
There should be a section in the firmware update instructions about what to do in case of error. One of the things is usually to try and initiate the update again (e.g. insert power cord while holding down the right combination of buttons), so check for that in the update PDF file.

It's a bit strange that it failed after saying "Update Success", because that message means the checksum was valid (so the disc was burned correctly and the player you used was sending the correct data).

#522 ·
Thanks a lot for the help, Kriktsemaj99!

I did as instructed and tried doing the Firmware update once more. This time however the Checksum failed! I tried one more time and got the same results, so I figured I'd have to burn another disc. Everything went smoothly with the new disc, and I now have a 3D-ready Yamaha RX-V467.

Thanks again!

#523 ·
Two questions

1) Does Yamaha 467 play AAC 6 channel correctly? Will the sound distribute to right channels? I need to encode to AAC 6 channels because Xbox does not support AC3 for mkv. I have to encode my mkv's to mp4 with aac 6 channel audio.

2) I have not applied any firmware updates since purchase and I see two on Yamaha site - E017 and F018. Do I need to apply both sequentially or just the last one (F018)?

Thanks

#524 ·
Really silly question so I'm sorry. I bought this unit about a year ago and have managed to lose the remote so I have a few problems me being an idiot was trying to change some settings on the unit and managed to get to an analog setting and can't get it back to digital. Also what setting do you have your units on as for movies, tv, and x-box will this unit work with the Harmony one remote I want to get one anyways and don't want to buy a replacement remote only to turn around and buy the harmony.

#525 ·
Where could one get an hdmi port repaired?

I got a V467 from a friend for free because it wasn't working after a surge took out the projector it was attached to via HDMI. After testing it the ONLY thing wrong is the HDMI OUT port, so it's an awesome free score for me.

Interesting all this talk on AVS about surge protection, it seems either always under rated or over rated, the surge didn't blow up the AVR through the hdmi port, but it effectively disabled it.

If I can't repair the HDMI port, can it be used as just an amp for another zone from the main AVR?

Thanks guys

#527 ·
So I'm having an issue with my RX-V467. I have my cable box going into the receiver then the receiver into the LCD Projector screen. When watching HD channels the receiver would click and the screen would go black. I believe it only happens with HD channels. If I remember from the receiver to the tv it's a HDMI cable. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I tried searching before posting but I may not have used keywords to find it. Thanks in advance!

#528 ·
Sorry, so many newbie questions I too have a problem last night me thinking I had read enough to make my system better led to an upset wife for messing with it when it was "working fine." Please tell me how to fix this I have a Direct Tv HD DVR, Sony Blu Ray, and x-box 360 and the Samsung 6000s I'm wanting to get everything through an HDMI cable. So do I run an HDMI to each one of the HDMI inputs on the reciever then one from the HDMI out input to the TV? Does this make sense?