AVS Forum banner
186K views 620 replies 207 participants last post by  ChromeJob 
#1 ·
Two new models are up on Yamaha's web site. The 467 and 567 ( I consider the 367 a different platform as it's cabinet size is different.) The main addition from last year's line is HDMI 1.4 with support for 3D.

RX-V567 Rated power

7.1; 90 Watts / Channel; .9% THD at 1 khz

Power Consumption - 270 Watts

Weight - 18.7 pounds

RX-V467 Rated power

5.1; 105 Watts / Channel; .9% THD at 1 khz

Power Consumption - 270 Watts

Weight - 18.5 pounds

What's up with those power specs?

The 467 has a higher power spec, because it's 5.1 only. It's power supply is almost certainly identical to the 567.

No 20 hz to 20 khz power consumption spec is given. A guess is that these power figures can be met only with two channels driven.

Expect sub 50 watt / channel performance with all channels driven.

These receivers will be ok for many people's power needs. Don't expect to be able to play cleanly at high volumes. And use efficient 8 ohm speakers if at all possible. (This is nothing new when dealing with receivers in this class.)

Common Main Features

* 4 HDMI 1.4 Inputs

* Decoding for all common codecs ( TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc.)

* 5 AV inputs ( composite)

* Two digital; two coax inputs

* Audio return channel

* 2 Component video inputs

* HDMI 3D Support

* Can change inputs in standbye mode! (Nice feature if it works like I expect)

* Auto Power Down (Interesting feature?)

567 Only

* 1080p Upconversion

* OSD (Not 100% sure what this means, I am just reading the comparison chart)

* Can biamp

General thoughts

It's likely they took the previous line and added 1.4 and a few other goodies. The cabinet size, weight and power consumption of the 567 looked practically identical to the 565 for example.

Being able to switch sources in standbye mode, and auto power off looked interested to me. Otherwise, more of the same?

See less See more
#52 ·
Yes it does MPCM over HDMI. That's basic functionality of any HDMI receiver which is not HDMI switching only.

Not sure about post processing. You can download the manual to check. I would be shocked to learn any recent Yamaha model could not apply post processing to MPCM, seeing how that's easier for a DSP than apply PP to bitstream.

#53 ·
thank you MichaelJHuman, im just searching for a new reciever to get a replacement for the v661 which is an amazing reciever. i just need something that will do 3d. im guessing my old rx-v661 wont do it. whats everyones general idea of the 567 and 3d? any glitches found? im using a ps3 and the 3d tv will come sometimes next year. one more feature that the ps3 offers that im not so familar with is BD 1080p 24 Hz Output. will the 567 pass it thru?

#54 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsobright /forum/post/18764866

thank you MichaelJHuman, im just searching for a new reciever to get a replacement for the v661 which is an amazing reciever. i just need something that will do 3d. im guessing my old rx-v661 wont do it. whats everyones general idea of the 567 and 3d? any glitches found? im using a ps3 and the 3d tv will come sometimes next year.

A smart buyer might wait till the 3D TV is in the house, then consider a current AVR to match it.
A lot can change in a year. Your 661 is a great amp, enjoy it for now. The 567 can't touch it.

#55 ·
Can someone tell me about this topic I read. LFE, subwoofers and interconnects explained thread .
When outputting a PCM multichannel bitstream over Denon Link, i.Link, HDMI or similar, the LFE channel will be transmitted "as-is", and will need boosting by 10dB in the receiver. The receiver should do this automatically. If it fails to do this before performing bass management, then you will be unable to calibrate the system correctly - boosting the subwoofer to compensate will have the side effect of over-emphasising bass from other channels.

Does anybody knows if RX-V467 receiver will boost the LFE 10db when receiving PCM signal, if not what would be the effect on the sound performance

Thanks

#56 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/18764922

A smart buyer might wait till the 3D TV is in the house, then consider a current AVR to match it.
A lot can change in a year. Your 661 is a great amp, enjoy it for now. The 567 can't touch it.

thank you for the advice, i will consider a new tv before the reciever. but can you explain why YOU think that the 661 is better than 567? thanks again.

#57 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsobright /forum/post/18765324

thank you for the advice, i will consider a new tv before the reciever. but can you explain why YOU think that the 661 is better than 567? thanks again.

The 661 has a far better amp section. The 567 uses an "amp-on-a-chip" like you would find in a boom box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztlan67 /forum/post/18765284

Can someone tell me about this topic I read. LFE, subwoofers and interconnects explained thread .

Does anybody knows if RX-V467 receiver will boost the LFE 10db when receiving PCM signal, if not what would be the effect on the sound performance

Thanks

All Yamaha AVRs correctly handle M-ch LPCM and LFE over HDMI.

#61 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsobright /forum/post/18768847

what would be a decent 7.1 yamaha to replace the 661 but also offers the 3D feature? i dont want to go with the 567 because it sounds like a downgrade now.

That would be the 667 or 767, but they haven't been released yet. Might be this month, but I'm not sure.

Last year the better amp only started at the 765 level, but this year it's supposed to start with the 667 (although strangely the 667 chassis is the same size as the 567, and only the 767 is taller).

#62 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsvends1 /forum/post/18769066

So far I've found out that the 567 does upscaling of analog video up to 720p, but no upscaling of component video. With these limitations I'm wondering what type of video chip is inside the 567, does anyone know?

Usually when Yamaha include analog video upscaling it applies to component input as well, but only for a 480i or 480p signal. If the component input is 720p or higher then it can be converted to HDMI, not not scaled. It's not really a big limitation because 720p or higher should look good without scaling.

#63 ·
Can someone tell me what is the best setting on RX-V467 for the sub , the manual states to put level 1/2 or little less and crossover to max, , but how about the receiver , on the crossover setting which one would give me better bass or good bass, there is from 40Hz to 160Hz setting . My sub is 100w

Thanks for help and your time

#65 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 /forum/post/18787061

The auto-setup with the microphone (YPAO) is supposed to decide all that stuff for you. If it doesn't work well, or for some reason you want to do a manual setup, then the crossover frequency is going to depend on how low all your other speakers can play.

I thought so, but no matter how many times I try the YPAO gives me an error 1 with no message of what the problem is I have made sure my connections are right, still not sure what is the ERROR 1

#67 ·
Error 1 means the first error that YPAO is reporting; its not an error code like you are thinking. You have to put your cursor on that error and hit enter to see what it is. More than likely it is an "out of phase" error. YPAO may perceive some of your speakers to be out of phase due to acoustics of the room. Just double check your connections and ignore if everything is fine.

#70 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/18678319

According to the manual, the audio out jacks you are talking about only send audio from analog inputs. So they won't work like you want.

Looks like you would need to wait for the fall release for real pre outs, or find another solution (such as using a speaker to line level converter.)

Would a seperate analog audio connection from all souces (cable box, BD, etc) to the AVR make it work?

#71 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcatwo /forum/post/18803696

Would a seperate analog audio connection from all souces (cable box, BD, etc) to the AVR make it work?

I'll assume the answer is yes unless I hear otherwise and ask another question. I understand the 467/4063 does not upconvert but everything I'll be feeding through it does it's own upconverting. Is there any need for a second upconverting point? My philosophy is the simpler the better so long as it does the job.

#72 ·
Newegg has the RX-V665 and RX-V467 each for $330.

I would like the 7.1 in the 665, but is there any compelling reason to pick the 467 over the 665?

This would be used with a Polk Audio RM 510 set with Monitor 60 fronts.

Connect to a DVD player and Apple TV. Not needing a whole lot, trying to keep it simple and best bang for the buck.

Was also looking at the RX-V567 Newegg has for $430, but between the choices I would go cheaper.

Is there a regular day of the week Newegg has any of these receivers cheaper?

Saw the 565 was pretty cheap yesterday and it's not available today so I missed out on that.

#74 ·
Ok guys need some help. I'm trying to help a friend who has the 567 properly decode DTS-HD, DTS-MA and True HD from a samsung bd-player. I don't have access to the receiver myself so I am hoping you guys can help me.

Will the receive show DTS-HD.... if its decoding it? Are there any special settings he needs to use?

#75 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi /forum/post/18898709

Ok guys need some help. I'm trying to help a friend who has the 567 properly decode DTS-HD, DTS-MA and True HD from a samsung bd-player. I don't have access to the receiver myself so I am hoping you guys can help me.

Will the receive show DTS-HD.... if its decoding it? Are there any special settings he needs to use?

Hi Billabongi, for the receiver to decode have the Samsung BD player connected to 567 via HDMI cable, set the BD player audio output HDMI to Bitstream (Audiophile) and Secondary Audio to Off (if BD player has this).

And also note sometimes a Blu Ray disc will default to the standard DD/DTS track, so you might have to manually select the TrueHD/DTS-MA soundtrack. Normally this will be found under Audio or Language Setting.

#76 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/18899080

Hi Billabongi, for the receiver to decode have the Samsung BD player connected to 567 via HDMI cable, set the BD player audio output HDMI to Bitstream (Audiophile) and Secondary Audio to Off (if BD player has this).

And also note sometimes a Blu Ray disc will default to the standard DD/DTS track, so you might have to manually select the TrueHD/DTS-MA soundtrack. Normally this will be found under Audio or Language Setting.

Thanks for the response already told him that, but his receiver isnt "displaying" DTS-MA... On the receiver what should the soundfield be set to (noticed theres no DTS-MA, TrueHD setting) and will it physically display DTS-HD, DTS-MA on the screen if it detects it?