"Official" Integra DTR-70.1 Owner's Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Although I see there is a thread for the DTR-80.1, I thought a new separate thread for this mid-priced receiver would be appropriate.

I am coming from a Yamaha RX-V3900, so the comparisons should be interesting. I will post a full report of 70.1 by this weekend.

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 PM

Thanks for starting this thread.
I took delivery on my DTR-70.1 about two weeks ago. I've got the basics set up, but haven't gotten into any detailed configuration or tweaking yet. Definitely looking forward to it.
Any tips, tricks or suggestions are definitely welcomed.
post #3 of 20 Old 04-14-2010, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I won't have a chance to really put this receiver to the test until this weekend, but here are a few brief but interesting (I hope!) observations:

First, for this receiver you really need to read the manual as far as initial setup is concerned. For example, I only have 4 speakers right now (Front L/R, Back Surround L/R) in my living room. I thought that hooking up my surround speakers to the "rear surround L/R" terminals would make sense (especially when their diagram for "surround" speakers have them located off to the side in the rear, where my in-wall speakers are definately NOT placed). However, when I ran the Audyessy setup procedure I kept getting "speaker errors".

It turns out there is a chart on Page 18 that describes how to connect speakers in the rear based on your configuration of from two to nine speakers in your room. This is NOT a suggestion. You HAVE to do it this way. Once I used the "surround L/R" terminals the auto setup worked just fine.

Second, the overall ergonomics are very good to excellent. The only minor complaint that I have is that I need to switch monitor out between my flat panel TV and my video projector. You can do this with one button only on the front panel of the receiver. To do it through the remote you have to first engage the monitor button, and then use the left or right arrows to scroll through the choices (Note: In case you are wondering why I don't leave both Monitor Out HDMI terminals on at the same time, this does not work with my setup; Not the fault of the DTR 70.1, this didn't work as well with my old Yamaha 3900.)

More to come...
post #4 of 20 Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

After a full week with this unit it continues to impress. HDMI switching is impeccable in my very intolerant system. Soundfield is excellent, especially when in THX Movie mode.

I'm going to play around with some combinations of Monitor Out to see if I can switch between my Sony HDTV and Mitsu HC6800 video projector without having to toggle this setting.
post #5 of 20 Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I just bought a 70.1 but won't get to it until this weekend. I waved back and forth from the Pio SC-27, Denon 4310 and the Integra. I have had Pioneer AVR's for about 20 years and wanted to try something different. I heard about the ICE amps, etc...but I spent about 2 hours at a HT store with both the 70.1 and SC-27 in the same theater room, speakers, etc switching back and forth. Tried differnet DVD and BR and frankly it was tough to tell the difference. We were in a treated HT room as well.

I have never used Audyessy before and wanted to give it a try. I like the option of 9.2 if needed (maybe someday). I was going to run my LCF with a Emotive XPA-3 either way and thought the features on the Integra were better.

We will soon find out.

Good Luck all
post #6 of 20 Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I've had the opportunity to use Audyessy twice, once with the 70.1, and once with my Yamaha 3900. I was very pleasantly surprised with the results (actually borderline amazed!). I actually used a tape measure to double-check some of the distance calculations and they were virtually dead on.
post #7 of 20 Old 05-03-2010, 05:20 PM

The Integra 70.1 is one possible upgrade in my mind and I'm looking forward to read this thread.
post #8 of 20 Old 05-22-2010, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Five weeks now with the 70.1 and I continue to be impressed.

The HDMI switching to my two video monitors is working flawlessly, and the 1080p processing is well received by my Sony RPTV and Mitsu HC6800.

I may try to get internet access to the rear of the unit next week. I also plan to look into some of the more esoteric features, hopefully soon.

This unit clearly blows away my old Yamaha 3900.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Glad to see folks are liking this receiver! My DTR 7.2 is going on 10 years now and I'm itching to upgrade to something with Audyssey and HDMI support. Hope you can help me out by confirming some operation outlined in the manual.

Like many others I have a dual monitor setup, but one is component (Pio Elite 510) and the other is HDMI (RS1x). The manual seems to state that if HDMI(Main) is selected and there is no connection to this output (e.g. when PJ is "off") then the analog (in this case component) inputs would be used. Is this correct?

Also, can someone confirm the Gamma correction indicated on pg 101 can be set independently for each of HDMI main/sub and analog? If so, I'm buying one of these today! My Elite has horrible gamma issues (most CRT sets are very non-linear) and this would be fantastic to be able to dial it in while leaving the HDMI setting at default (RS1x has its own gamma control.)

Any help/comments appreciated!
post #10 of 20 Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERMIE View Post

I just bought a 70.1 but won't get to it until this weekend. I waved back and forth from the Pio SC-27, Denon 4310 and the Integra. I have had Pioneer AVR's for about 20 years and wanted to try something different. I heard about the ICE amps, etc...but I spent about 2 hours at a HT store with both the 70.1 and SC-27 in the same theater room, speakers, etc switching back and forth. Tried differnet DVD and BR and frankly it was tough to tell the difference. We were in a treated HT room as well.

I have never used Audyessy before and wanted to give it a try. I like the option of 9.2 if needed (maybe someday). I was going to run my LCF with a Emotive XPA-3 either way and thought the features on the Integra were better.

We will soon find out.

Good Luck all

KERMIE- I too am considering purchasing the DTR 70.1. How do you like the performance of the 70.1 with the Emotiva amp? Is Emotiva powering the surrounds or the 3 front speakers? Any buzzing or grounding issues? Is anyone using the Multi-Channel Input connections on the 70.1 for SACD/DVD-A? If so are you happy with the DTR 70.1 in this area? Thanks in advance!
post #11 of 20 Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New firmware update on Oknyo's website. However, when I download the firmware, it still seems to be the version from February 2010.

Can someone else double-check this and post your results?

Regards,
Brian
post #12 of 20 Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Wow. Not many posts. I just got this avr today.
post #13 of 20 Old 10-14-2010, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New firmware posted on Integra's web site.

Still loving this receiver after 5 months!
post #14 of 20 Old 10-14-2010, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the fw update!
post #15 of 20 Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 PM

Not a lot of activity on this thread. I am enjoying my DTR 70.1 although I haven't noticed any improvement with the relay switching firmware update.

Any thoughts?
post #16 of 20 Old 04-17-2011, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I would agree. This receiver is like old man river. It does what it does, no problems, no hassles, just great sound and video switching!
post #17 of 20 Old 04-18-2011, 02:27 AM

Funny things on forums is, that most people only tend to spam threads if their equipment are troublesome.
If it is just working swell and everything is fine, you never hear about it in threads like these

Ive got the bigger brother DTR 80.2, and it just works like a charm. Best purchase ive made in a long time
post #18 of 20 Old 07-06-2012, 12:49 PM

:mad:Ive had my Dtr-70.1 since March 2010 with no issues until today. For some reason the unti will not produce any sound....pictures for all devices come in fine, but no sound. The wierd thing is the unit can no longer be found on my network. When I went into the settings the "Network" option is greyed out. Does anyone have a clue what this could be?
post #19 of 20 Old 12-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Has anyone provided you a solution to your problem? My receiver has a similar problem. I can only get sound from zone 2. I can no longer use the internet radio because the setting for the internet is grayed out. This has also prevented me from downloading any upgrades. This all started about one year ago. I cannot hear any sound from the main zone. Basically it has been rendered useless. Please advise.
post #20 of 20 Old 12-27-2013, 07:18 AM

Mine started doing the exact same thing a few days ago (after more than three years of flawless service). I sent it off to Integra for repairs, and have yet to hear back. I will post once I get the unit back (along with, hopefully, some sort of explanation).
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page