post #4561 of 4568 Old 11-07-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Yeap View Post
I tested with the media player to set to 576p and the display is OK (can be shown in the new TV). But when changing to the higher res like 1080p, the output just doesn't seem to work.
Wait wait what is this exactly?

You say media_player ->VSX -> TV2 works int 576p but not in 1080p? That is really really strange.

There may be resolution conversion issues at play. TV2 can display 1080p right? Is it a 720p model? Just asking because the 1020 cannot *downconvert*, only upconvert. Also, is you RES video option set to "AUTO" or to another resolution? If the VSX's output resolution is not set to AUTO and the resolution selected is not supported by the TV then no picture will be seen. Do you hear audio on the sources that don't make it to TV2?

In any case you could try disabling conversion if all your sources are digital (V. CONV setting in the video opitions) and let the TV do the job if needed.

Last edited by neutro; 11-07-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4562 of 4568 Old 11-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Fried Sub Woofer

I fried my old sub woofer. Connected another that I know works and lights remained red. I tried all sorts of settings and still not working. The receiver works fine otherwise. I tried another cable and still same problem. Could this connection have been fried without it affecting anything else? BTW, what is the purpose of the screw near the sub-woofer connection.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Dennis
post #4563 of 4568 Old 11-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Help. I cannot find the lip sync function. I got a new projector and I have lost my receiver manual. Can someone yellow how to get to it
post #4564 of 4568 Old 11-17-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonYank View Post
I fried my old sub woofer. Connected another that I know works and lights remained red. I tried all sorts of settings and still not working. The receiver works fine otherwise. I tried another cable and still same problem. Could this connection have been fried without it affecting anything else? BTW, what is the purpose of the screw near the sub-woofer connection.
Which red light are you referring to? On the sub or on the AVR? Connection could be fried but I'd try to run Auto Setup first, surely the new sub needs to be calibrated first. Let the AVR find it. If it can't and if the sub works fine in another setup, then I'd suspect something is wrong with the sub output.

I think the screw is just holding the connector to the back panel. There are screws next to about every connectors on the back panel.

post #4565 of 4568 Old 11-17-2014, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
Which red light are you referring to? On the sub or on the AVR? Connection could be fried but I'd try to run Auto Setup first, surely the new sub needs to be calibrated first. Let the AVR find it. If it can't and if the sub works fine in another setup, then I'd suspect something is wrong with the sub output.

I think the screw is just holding the connector to the back panel. There are screws next to about every connectors on the back panel.
The red lights were on the second sub. The first was dead. The setup showed the subwoofer but there was no sound coming out of it when I did the manual sound check. I raised the volume on both the sub as well as in the speaker setup menu. No sound. I guess I should be happy the whole receiver wasn't fried.
post #4566 of 4568 Old 11-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I'm getting some occasional humm when I turn on the unit, and lately the unit either over heats or short circuits at about 19 dab, sometimes I can get lower before it shuts done... Just a red light until I turn it off and back on.

I'm thinking of upgrading the unit this year. I've liked this 1020k. Can anyone recommend what I should get next? I want to be ready for 4k, but don't need any other real frills or gimmicks.
post #4567 of 4568 Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Maybe a speaker wire short? If its easy, replace them all.
post #4568 of 4568 Old Today, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I'm a happy owner of a VSX-1020, but I face a problem I can't resolve.
All is working fine, except than sometimes, with doing nothing, I have an unexpected factory reset, and I loose all my configuration
It's very painful, as I loose everything : Tuner setting, internet radio configuration MCACC configuration, etc...
First time I thought it was my mistake by cutting power supply before switching off the amplifier, but now it's happen 4 or 5 times in 2 years and I know it's not my fault.

Do someone have the same problem?
Is there a solution to avoid this?

In fact I have another problem, even if I'm not sure the amplifier is guilty for it. I use the USB device to save MCACC setup a few time and read some music, but I damage 2 USB keys with doing that. Since that I dare not using anymore the USB connection...
Is that a common problem?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page