The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1020-K Owner's Thread - Page 157 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #4681 of 4682 Old Today, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post
I have a harmony hub and you can do things like that with it, but not automatically.
Thanks, I have a hub on order, hoping I can integrate with Smartthings hub I have and Alexa Google Home and automate!

How do you use your hub?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2015 Sony X850C FAQ: Recommended Picture settings, 3D FAQ, HDR FAQ, DirecTV 4K Ready FAQ, Troubleshooting & common problems; Dropbox Link || Alternate Google Drive FAQ Link. FAQ is frequently (often daily!) updated, check back often! || My gear: TV - Sony XBR75X850C, BD - Sony BDP S350, AVR - Pioneer VSX-1020, Speakers - RBH MC-616C MKII Center Channel, RBH MC-6C MKII Bookshelf (fronts), RBH MC-615 In-ceiling surrounds, RBH TS-10AP 200W self-powered sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4682 of 4682 Old Today, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
Thanks, I have a hub on order, hoping I can integrate with Smartthings hub I have and Alexa Google Home and automate!

How do you use your hub?
Well not very much at the moment. Harmony is doing some strange things with the activities I set up. All of my devices have ip, so I don't need the blaster. If I do turn on tv, it does that pretty well, the TV goes on, the receiver on and switches over to the tivo.

If I press listen to music, it turns on the receiver, switches to internet radio and for some odd reason turns on the projector. CEC is off.

Watch a movie works properly.

Another nuisance is that the power off keeps putting the tivo to sleep even though I told it not to. I split the tivo to go to other tvs.

Echo/Dot commands are difficult to remember, but the other day I was talking to my wife about tea and Dot said OK and the tv turned on.

So hit and miss, I figure things will eventually get better.

Harmony still seems blissfully ignorant of state...
Danabw likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page