How to DIY ; TX-SR576/TX-SR606/etc HDMI daughterboard repair (for dummies?) - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes
post #991 of 995 Unread 01-24-2016, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys,

I looked up this issue many months ago and purchased new 100u caps. Due to many other projects it was put on hold. Today I cracked it open and replaced the caps.

Now I can get video - at least for a minute. The cable is plugged into DVD/BR but the selector button on the front needs to be on GAME input. WTF!!?? So I had signal and figured I had the cables switched in the back. When I unplugged the cable from the DVD/BR port I lost audio and video. I plugged it back in but got neither. When I unplug the HDMI OUT cable I will get audio from the DVD/BR input (again, with the selector set to GAME). I let it all cool down and tried again and got video but accidentally shut off the BR. When I fired it back up I was back to no video, no audio until I unplugged the HDMI Out and then I would get audio.

Seems the problem I have is not corrected - at least completely - by the replacement of the caps. It sounded so promising, too!!! And then to find this thread today with the information about the warranty being extended - I totally screwed myself today b/c I bought this in 2009 and I'm sure it was covered! UGH!!!

Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 995 Unread 01-28-2016, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey everyone! I hope this thread is still kicking.

I own a 606 with this problem and plan on tackling it this weekend. One question, is it safe to use 100uf 50v caps? I have some extras lying around so thought I would use them.

I tried looking through the thread to see if anyone ever used 50v and didn't find anything. Is it safe or not recommended?

Thanks in advance!
post #993 of 995 Unread 01-28-2016, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by olotas View Post
Hey everyone! I hope this thread is still kicking.

I own a 606 with this problem and plan on tackling it this weekend. One question, is it safe to use 100uf 50v caps? I have some extras lying around so thought I would use them.

I tried looking through the thread to see if anyone ever used 50v and didn't find anything. Is it safe or not recommended?

Thanks in advance!
Yes it is safe, you won't have any issues.
post #994 of 995 Unread 01-29-2016, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
Yes it is safe, you won't have any issues.
Many thanks dashpuppy!
post #995 of 995 Unread Yesterday, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@dolivas , @dashpuppy , anyone else...

Long time lurker... I have followed this thread for a couple of years.. Have an Onkyo TX-NR905 that has been having HDMI issues just like the TX-SR606. About a year ago I replaced all the 15 or so caps originally described as the cause of HDMI going out or unresponsive.

Now, a year later and after the system has been working great, I'm beginning to see HDMI drop outs of a few seconds, sound still on, and then picture comes back. I suspect that the issue is now the other several/numerous caps that @dolivas referenced in a post a page back.

So I'm considering cracking it open and replacing the rest of the troublesome caps. Does someone have, or can anyone recommend the list of caps to be replaced in addition to the main caps circled in red in several images floating around? Better yet, if you have another image with the other caps indicated, that would be enough.

TIA for any help or suggestions. I'd really like to keep the 905 going for now, at least until the projectors catch up with 4K video and the price comes down.

Last edited by Wisiwyg; Yesterday at 10:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr807 , Onkyo Tx Sr606 Receiver
Gear in this thread