Help please. Ps3 and Pioneer VSX-9040TXH - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was very excited to get my new Pioneer VSX-9040txh. Set it up with my Rogers HD box going through HDMI input 1 and working perfectly in HD on my Sharp Aquos TV. I ended up plugging my ps3 into the BD HDMI input thinking this should work as well. However, when I go to the BD input on the receiver my TV is showing that the PS3 is only outputting at 480p. I tried looking at my PS3 settings but they seem to be right. I tried to change the input on the receiver from BD to HDMI2 but the results were the same. I then tried to see if I followed the instructions on pg 68 on changing the Video Paramaters on the receiver but when I click the Video Paramater button it says that the function is not available. My PS3 was playing in HD when I run it directly through the TV. Was looking forward to watching my Iron Man BD disk with the beauty sound from the receiver but want it, obviously, in HD. What am I doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-29-2010, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Pioneer receivers typically don't touch HDMI video signal at all. That's why your Video Parameter button does nothing. You have to change the video output resolution from the source, e.g. your PS3, not the receiver.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmandd View Post

What am I doing wrong.

I dunno. But here's a thought: I think the PS3 tries to decide what it should send out its HDMI port by negotiating with whatever is connected to that port. For that to work, the device connected to the PS3's HDMI output must be turned on. So make sure you power up the TV before you power up the PS3.

Greg Lee
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page