HDMI 1.4 splitters - 3D TV/HDMI 1.3 AVR? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 10-11-2012, 12:46 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 1608
This splitter is likely no different than any other 3D splitter as discussed above. Last time I checked with Monoprice they indicated they had no device that would not down mix to the lowest common denominator of the devices connected. Give Monoprice a call before purchasing to confirm.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 10-11-2012, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I’m considering buying THIS splitter to split my AVR’s output signal and run one through my Darbee to a non-ARC compliant HDMI input on my Panny 55VT50 plasma, and the other signal to an ARC compliant HDMI input. I’d like to see if the splitter will allow the plasma’s ARC will work on the sources originating from the VT50 (Netflix, Amazon, Pandora, etc.). This is an attempt to circumvent the fact that the Darbee video processor will not allow ARC to pass-thru to the AVR. Anyone tried anything like this with any success?
post #63 of 71 Old 10-11-2012, 02:13 PM
585-645-1006

^^
I just spoke with a tech rep at the above company who indicated the ARC feature should not be limited as would 3D video vs. 2D video.

I also confirmed with Monoprice that PID 7522 noted above would not work in the 3D vs. 2D case.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #64 of 71 Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM

Liked: 10
I am in the same boat as the OP.

I recently bought a 3D TV (LG 47LM4600) and compatibility with my older AVR (Sony CT100) was not something I considered. If I want to play 3D content from my PS3, I have to bypass the sound system's HDMI with optical, but then I am forced to use 2 channel audio if a Dolby Digital or basic DTS track isn't available and instead only HD audio tracks are offered.

Is there any product that would allow me to send 3D video to my TV while my sound system receives HD audio over HDMI?

edit: I just realized that I still had the bluray settings to output LPCM audio, therefore dropping multichannel audio over optical. I changed them to 'bitstream (mix)' and now I at least get 5.1 channels downmixed from my test DTS HD track, which is satisfactory.
post #65 of 71 Old 09-23-2013, 03:20 AM

Liked: 11
what do you think about this device?:
http://simplism.jp/en/products/hometheater/hdmi_splitter_1_4/index7.html
zaria likes this.
post #66 of 71 Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue as you guys - a PS3, Sony STR-DA2400ES (non 3D) receiver and a 3D TV.

Although tempted to buy a dual HDMI blu ray player it won't help with 3D gaming so I am keen to find a better solution.

The Simplism Splitter sounds like a cut above so I have emailed them asking about it. I will let you know what I get back!

PS - I would be less bothered about HD Audio and settle for whatever I get over optical, however I have a 7.1 system so I loose out on two speakers not just quality!
post #67 of 71 Old 01-04-2014, 05:24 PM

Safe to say these exist now. 4 years after your initial thread posting :).

post #68 of 71 Old 01-06-2014, 05:14 AM

So I never got anything useful back from simplism, however I have solved my problem. I went for the Octava HDMXA71, a but pricey but does exactly what I want. They guys there, especially Joe, who roams the forums here too, are really helpful and friendly and will make sure it suits your individual needs. Also with 4 hdmi inputs and updateable EHIC it can future proof your sound system for a good time to come!
post #69 of 71 Old 04-21-2014, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkguy666 View Post

Best Buy has a new HDMI 1.4 splitter i tested it out on the panasonic 3d set and it works to distribute hd audio to the reciever and 3d hd to the tv. But at least with the panasonic vt25 it was first nessicary to trick the tv by starting the movie with the hdmi going straight to the tv then switching to the splitter during the opening credits. After you do this it works perfectly the tv shows 1080p 3d and the reciever shows dolby true hd at least until you put in another movie or turn off the player then it is nessicary to start the process again. It is a pain but also a promising solution for the future. I hope this helps. It is made by rocketfish retails for $99.99 its probably on best buy .com
Hey, I tried the trick with my LG 47LM7610 3D TV and Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver. With 1 connection thru splitter directly to TV, 3D works fine. After that I tried connecting the 2nd port of the splitter to Onkyo, it did not carry any audio whatsoever, showed only pcm on front pannel. With single connection to receiver or both connection at a time, I got HD audio to receiver but 2D signal to TV. I think the output is decided by the lowest denominator of the audio/video capability of TV/receiver. Anybody could succeed?
post #70 of 71 Old 04-21-2014, 02:54 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Are you using the same splitter the OP used? Also you'll note that he did not use the splitter at all at first rather the initial connection to the TV being HDMI from the BDP straight to the TV and then after the movie started playing he disconnected from the TV and connected to the splitter with the outputs to the TV and the AVR.

Step 1
BDP ---> HDMI ----> TV

Step 2
Start movie and play until opening credits

Step 3
While opening credits playing, disconnect HDMI from TV
BDP ---> HDMI ---> Splitter ---> TV and AVR

post #71 of 71 Old 04-22-2014, 01:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
Are you using the same splitter the OP used? Also you'll note that he did not use the splitter at all at first rather the initial connection to the TV being HDMI from the BDP straight to the TV and then after the movie started playing he disconnected from the TV and connected to the splitter with the outputs to the TV and the AVR.

Step 1
BDP ---> HDMI ----> TV

Step 2
Start movie and play until opening credits

Step 3
While opening credits playing, disconnect HDMI from TV
BDP ---> HDMI ---> Splitter ---> TV and AVR
I am using KDlinks HD700 as media player and tried to play a 3D iso file from hard disk. Should it make any difference? I could get 3D picture while the splitter was on and only one output was active. I connected 2nd output to receiver while 3D was being played on TV. Here pcm was shown on the front panel but no audio was output even at max volume. Now, if I stop playback and play againg while both the output of splitter were connected, I got HD audio perfectly but lost 3D signal, instead got 2D picture. Should I try as u described? BTW, I m using this splitter http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x2-1-In-2-Out-HDMI-Splitter-Output-Switch-Selector-Amplifier-Support-3D-/251113413469?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a77869b5d#ht_4025wt_960
Any hope?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page