Integra DTA-70.1 Nine Ch power amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 05-19-2010, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
alanl715's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: tejas
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Integra just released their latest complement to the DHC-80.1 pre pro --- the 9 channel THX Ultra2 certified 150wpc power amp. With RCA AND XLR out along with a 12v trigger for under $1800.
Had it for 2 weeks now. Very neutral sounding. Anyone else got one yet ?
alanl715 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 11-18-2010, 01:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

Integra just released their latest complement to the DHC-80.1 pre pro --- the 9 channel THX Ultra2 certified 150wpc power amp. With RCA AND XLR out along with a 12v trigger for under $1800.
Had it for 2 weeks now. Very neutral sounding. Anyone else got one yet ?

I hope to receive one next week.
Only this dealer is speaking of a 70.2 type (?)........
Lets see if he is correct or not.


I need to use the RCA > RCA connection from a Integra 70.2 to a Integra DTA.
But what quality should i use for the RCA cables, the normal thin standard type, or must this be someting fancy ?
I quess the standard type is ok for sound so why not use it also for this connection ........ or am i wrong ?
Please your thoughts..... Thx
CBdicX is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 11-18-2010, 05:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,847
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 107
IMO, all you care about is that the RCA cable is not defective. It's just wire. At audio frequencies, especially, it would not seem to be very critical.

If it was for video, you might want a better cable, which was closer to the proper impedance, but I have not read anything to indicate an impedance match is important for line level.

If you really want to spend money, Blue Jeans cable seems popular. But you are looking at almost $200 I think, with them, for 4 cables. Emotiva makes sells affordable and attractive stereo RCA cable.

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 11-20-2010, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Its absolute going to be a 70.2 version, received today a confermation mail that states it will be the DTA 70.2 and not the DTA 70.1
Anyone seen info about the 70.2 yet ??
CBdicX is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 11-20-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
alanl715's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: tejas
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post

Its absolute going to be a 70.2 version, received today a confermation mail that states it will be the DTA 70.2 and not the DTA 70.1
Anyone seen info about the 70.2 yet ??

There is nothing listed on the authorized servicenter site. Usually a service manual will show up on that site about 2-4 weeks before the 'new' product is announced/released.
alanl715 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 11-20-2010, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

There is nothing listed on the authorized servicenter site. Usually a service manual will show up on that site about 2-4 weeks before the 'new' product is announced/released.

I know, i also looked for some time now to find any info for a 70.2 model, but nothing.....

Using .2 would be following the new models, so it could be.
As soon as i have it i wil make pictures and post them here, but my guess for now is that its maybe a typo.
CBdicX is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post

I know, i also looked for some time now to find any info for a 70.2 model, but nothing.....

Using .2 would be following the new models, so it could be.
As soon as i have it i wil make pictures and post them here, but my guess for now is that its maybe a typo.

And yes its a typo on the list that my dealer received from Germany so its
a 70.1........... !!
CBdicX is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 11-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Member
 
Haemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep, second OP. Got its doppelgaenger PA-MC5500 with Onkyo badge since June. Apart from slightly different cosmetics on the front fascia everyting else the same (up to 2@2200pF caps & torroidal transformer). Seems to me amp blocks same as in Onkyo 5007.
Good bang for the buck and highly recommended, especially in conjunction with Integra/Onkyo flagship AVRs.
http://www.integrahometheater.com/zoom.cfm?m=DTA-70.1
http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/PA-MC5500.html

In fact compared 'lowly' 5007/5500 passively triamping PMC EB1i (according to a mag test power output drops to about 68W per channel when global impedance switch set at 4Ohm), with Bryston PP300 (rated 500W @ 4Ohm) passively monoamping EB1i, and there are only subtleties at most.
Having in mind 2 PP300 second hand cost more than 70.1/5500 new, you can do the math.
Haemus is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 11-27-2010, 05:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,847
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Allow me to congratulate you for the first use of the word Doppelganger I have personally seen on AVS forum

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 11-28-2010, 01:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can any DTA user state that the audio improvement is worth the $1800 compared to the standard audio preformance of a DTR 70.2 ????
I am looking for a more "warm" sound and am hoping the DTA will do this compared to the DTR 70.2 i am using now, or will i be spending $1800 for no improvement at all..........
CBdicX is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 11-28-2010, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haemus View Post

Yep, second OP. Got its doppelgaenger PA-MC5500 with Onkyo badge since June. Apart from slightly different cosmetics on the front fascia everyting else the same (up to 2@2200pF caps & torroidal transformer). Seems to me amp blocks same as in Onkyo 5007.
Good bang for the buck and highly recommended, especially in conjunction with Integra/Onkyo flagship AVRs.

How would you say the sound "improvement" is with the 5500 compared to the 5007 ?
And is this adition worth the $$$ ?

Thx
CBdicX is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 11-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
bslep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: N. Royalton, Ohio
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post

Can any DTA user state that the audio improvement is worth the $1800 compared to the standard audio preformance of a DTR 70.2 ????
I am looking for a more "warm" sound and am hoping the DTA will do this compared to the DTR 70.2 i am using now, or will i be spending $1800 for no improvement at all..........

I think that the DTA 70.1 is a pretty neutral sounding amp with plenty of power. I've got it paired with a DHC 80.2 and am pleased with its sound. Whether or not it compares to the DTR 70.2 I couldn't tell you. I come from a Denon 5805MKII, Marantz MM8003/AV8003 and Pioneer SC-09. I consider the Denon and Pioneer fairly neutral as well, with perhaps the Denon leaning a little to the left (warm). The Marantz set up was definitely on the warm side and I thought that the MM8003 was an excellent amp. I was concerned that an Onkyo product would be on the bright side, but am pleasantly pleased that it is not. I think that neutral adequately describes the DTA 70.1.
bslep is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 02-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
 
tallnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
just got mine hooked up alongside dhc-80.2.

STUNNING!

honestly I was shocked at the improvement in sound quality from my pioneer receiver.
tallnick is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Member
 
seanmf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone know what the watts/channel are with all channels driven?
Cigarjohn47 likes this.
seanmf is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 05-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
djPerfectTrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Clovis, NM
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I was curious as to what people feel about this amp. I couldn't find any 'official owners' threads after doing a search. I appreciate any input, thanks~

Turn it up!
djPerfectTrip is online now  
post #16 of 16 Old 10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Member
 
Cigarjohn47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The Integra DTA-70.1 outputs 150 watts per 9 channels. I will be using this amp for a 7.1 setup. But for those who wonder why this amp comes with 9 channels and if it's a waste of time. It's really not a waste. If your Front L & R speakers are bi-ampable, the 9 channels will work perfectly with them.

Peace to all!

P.S. any one the Integra DBS-50.3 Blue Ray player? If so, send me a message on your likes and dislikes.
Cigarjohn47 is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off