OK, I'm a couple tweaks away from having this thing setup they way I want it. A couple hangups though.
1. Z2 seems lit up by default on most inputs. Is this normal? Does it matter if it's on or not? Is is affecting anything? Perhaps this has to do with amp assignments? I'm not running a Z2 and have a 5.1 setup.
2. I don't know how this happened but when I hit menu from my remote on the SAT input, the actual DirecTV menu comes up on the screen! WTF?! The actual DirectTV menu not the Denon one! How the heck did this happen? Maybe the codes are the same or something? I can get into the Denon menu manually on the unit, but from the remote, it's DirecTV. Very strange.
3. I'm having trouble getting the menus to come up at all via remote on several inputs - For example, I push DVD on the remote which is my PS3, it clearly switches to PS3 but when I hit menu, nothing. It doesn't seem to be trying to get the DirecTV menu up either because the light on the HD-DVR does not blink as it does when it's on the SAT input.
4. On the Game input I'm running a Toshiba HD DVD player. When I call up the menu on the unit (again, can't get it via remote) it's been re-sized and/or stretched. The top and bottom of the menu are cut off! I checked the setup on the Toshiba and everything looked OK (16:9) so I'm not sure what I'm missing here.
5. Is Multi-Channel Stereo the same as 5 channel for music CD listening?
Thanks in advance and HAPPY 4th!!!!!