*Official* Denon AVR-1911/791 & AVR-2311CI/891 Owner's Thread - Page 172 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5131 of 5134 Old 08-18-2015, 04:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5302 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloch View Post
Hi im not sure where to put my question as i have not been able to find something similar.

I have a problem witht he HDMI passthrough on my Denon 2311. Whenever the reciever is turned on the video signal is flawless and has no erros. But when i put my reciever in standby it flickers once e very 2 or 3 minutes. Its not a hdmi handshake issue but merely a frame or two is misplaced on the monitor. I have triede twice doing a microprocessor reset with no luck.

Have anyone experienced something similar ?
I have not tried doing a firmware upgrade as i dont have any devices capable of rs 232 output. But will it solve the problem if i found a way ?

And thanks for the forum which have helped me thousand of times in other matters : )
If you are using HDMI(ARC) try setting the HDMI-CEC setting (Anynet+, BraviaSync, VieraLink, etc.) to OFF on the TV to see if there is any change. If still no joy, suggest you try using each of the other HDMI inputs on the AVR to see if one works any better than the one you're using now.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 5134 Old 08-18-2015, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an AVR-791, purchased new in 2009 from a local, independent home theater vendor (not a big box store). Last year one of the HDMI inputs from the Roku quit; no problem, I plugged it into the game HDMI port on the 791 and moved on. Earlier this year, the audio seemed to reset itself to it's own levels. I couldn't figure out the setup, so I got a different local, independent home theater guy to come by and re-set it up, mostly because the guy I bought it from didn't return my phone calls. This second guy is also not the best about returning phone calls. Tonight, I have no audio from any HDMI port: satellite, bluray, or Roku. From my reading here, I know the textbook solution is to reset the microprocessor 4 or 5 times, then perform setup from the beginning. Which looks daunting. My general question is, should I bother figuring this thing out from scratch, or just toss it and get a newer generation, maybe something that is plug-and-play (if there is such a thing)? Is this the life expectancy for a device such as this (~6 years) with daily use? I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
post #5133 of 5134 Old 08-19-2015, 02:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 5302 Post(s)
Liked: 2677
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodideadave View Post
I have an AVR-791, purchased new in 2009 from a local, independent home theater vendor (not a big box store). Last year one of the HDMI inputs from the Roku quit; no problem, I plugged it into the game HDMI port on the 791 and moved on. Earlier this year, the audio seemed to reset itself to it's own levels. I couldn't figure out the setup, so I got a different local, independent home theater guy to come by and re-set it up, mostly because the guy I bought it from didn't return my phone calls. This second guy is also not the best about returning phone calls. Tonight, I have no audio from any HDMI port: satellite, bluray, or Roku. From my reading here, I know the textbook solution is to reset the microprocessor 4 or 5 times, then perform setup from the beginning. Which looks daunting. My general question is, should I bother figuring this thing out from scratch, or just toss it and get a newer generation, maybe something that is plug-and-play (if there is such a thing)? Is this the life expectancy for a device such as this (~6 years) with daily use? I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
Setup is certainly much easier on the more current models, however, it's up to you whether you want to run through the reset and reconfigure process on the 791. Any questions can be answered here in the forum. Also, if you get it to work, but still want some of the newer features on the modern AVRs, you could repurpose the 791 to power Zone 2 speakers in another room (eg. bedroom).

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #5134 of 5134 Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there an easy way to tell what the home theater guys may have changed from the default values so I don't have to go through the entire setup?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 791 Receiver , Denon Avr 1911 Receiver , Denon Avr 891 Receiver , Denon Avr 2311ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2311ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page