*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 391 / 591 / 1611 Owner's Thread - Page 159 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #4741 of 4744 Old 01-20-2015, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan35611 View Post
OK I have a question. How is it when a movie is Dolby digital and it shows up on my denon dvr as PL II C.
That means the 5.1 DD track isn't getting to the receiver. If you check the input signal it will tell you the receiver is only getting a stereo input.

You need to check settings in your source device. Something is configured wrong that is preventing the source from sending the bitstream 5.1 audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 4744 Old Today, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I replaced an HDMI splitter with an AVR-591. Everything worked fine until then. When ever I switch sources, my optima project will shut off with the error light on. I have to cycle the power source in order to get the projector back on.

My guess is some kind of autodetect on the receiver maybe? Something I should be able to shut off. The projector often times does a flash of rainbow colors before it shuts down.

Any help would be great.
post #4743 of 4744 Old Today, 06:16 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2680 Post(s)
Liked: 1908
^^
Was the 591 purchased "used"? Reset the microprocessor (p. 70 Owner's manual) to restore all settings to factory default. Ensure all cables are securely fitted to the AVR. Try connecting the HDMI out to a TV instead to see if the same issue presents.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Call me --> 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor and dealer for AVRs and Speakers 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for info on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4744 of 4744 Old Today, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Tried hooking up to a TV, didn't seem to have an issue at all. I hooked the projector back up, reset the demon back to factory and tested, same results as before. The projector shut down and an error light lit up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page