*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 391 / 591 / 1611 Owner's Thread - Page 164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #4891 of 4900 Old 04-17-2016, 11:10 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10202 Post(s)
Liked: 4735
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkecrates View Post
Ok so now I reset my device and there is no audio...guess I have to dig out the manual and figure out how to get sound...smdh
What is the source device? HDMI? Analog? Does the TUNER work?

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 4900 Old 06-20-2016, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk280 View Post
Thanks jdsmoothie. I googled logarithmic volume and found this to be the case.

I have decent floor standing speakers, 91dB sensitivity. Music is not great with this Denon 591.

However, identical speakers when played using my Vintage denon legacy stereo amplifier with cd played from my vintage Akai cd player in cd direct mode sounds fantastic. More detail, effortless, joy to hear.

I can't believe there is so much difference in clarity. All along, I thought all Amps sound the same. Time to sell the 591.

Regards
Hi sk280. Did you sold your Denon a avr591? What was the result? What did you buy? Did you get back to a legacy stereo amplifier?
post #4893 of 4900 Old 06-21-2016, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 13
For a 2 channel signal how well do you guys think the processing into dolby pro logic ii sounds on the avr 591?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
post #4894 of 4900 Old 06-22-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan35611 View Post
For a 2 channel signal how well do you guys think the processing into dolby pro logic ii sounds on the avr 591?

I do prefer to use multi channel stereo. In my personal case i do have two front speakers and two sorround. All are able to reproduce the full frequency Range. I have no Sub Woofer. It was important to adjust the channel level from the remote after running auddysey in orden to get good results.
post #4895 of 4900 Old 06-23-2016, 02:58 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10202 Post(s)
Liked: 4735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan35611 View Post

Should sound very similar to playing a standard 5.1 audio signal.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #4896 of 4900 Old 07-19-2016, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osvaldopeni View Post
Hi sk280. Did you sold your Denon a avr591? What was the result? What did you buy? Did you get back to a legacy stereo amplifier?
No I didnt sell it. I kept it after re-tuning with Auddessy MultiEQ and quite like the result. I still use my Denon Stereo amp for music in the other room.

BUT Overall I love Denon's Audessey and how much its able to correct room EQ deficiencies.
post #4897 of 4900 Old 07-19-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk280 View Post
No I didnt sell it. I kept it after re-tuning with Auddessy MultiEQ and quite like the result. I still use my Denon Stereo amp for music in the other room.

BUT Overall I love Denon's Audessey and how much its able to correct room EQ deficiencies.
In my case I still missing the bass sound Of legacy stereo amplifier. Maybe is a mater Of keep trying with different speaker placement and running audysey again. I use to like bass sound that you fe el not only with your ears, but also with you body, the bass that you fe el like a short beat in your body. With the Denon is not the same. It Israel like bass be ame todo long...too resonant. I hope do you understand Water i mean. Water i have to say as very positive is Wath ama sing and celar the Voice is reproducen.
post #4898 of 4900 Old Today, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi i have the 591,and jamo s606 fronts,mirage s-10,epson moviemate 62 projector

i will not have this system connected to a tv ,the tv is to big to move to the setup room

cannot figure out how to get the projector to display the osd audessey setup screen,

also have not been able to get audio from the projector to play thur rec,

is there a way to use the projector or a laptop to display and setup audessey

thanks
post #4899 of 4900 Old Today, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Is your projector connected with HDMI from the receiver? If not, you wont get Audyssey menus or OSD to show up on screen. It only works over HDMI.

Why do you need to send audio from the projector to the receiver? The projector doesn't have any Smart apps and you should connect your laptop directly to the AVR 591 for audio and video.

If there is some reason you need to send audio from the projector to the receiver you can use a digital audio cable. It just a cable with a single RCA connector on each end.

Afro GT
post #4900 of 4900 Old Today, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Is your projector connected with HDMI from the receiver? If not, you wont get Audyssey menus or OSD to show up on screen. It only works over HDMI.

Why do you need to send audio from the projector to the receiver? The projector doesn't have any Smart apps and you should connect your laptop directly to the AVR 591 for audio and video.

If there is some reason you need to send audio from the projector to the receiver you can use a digital audio cable. It just a cable with a single RCA connector on each end.
,reading a little saw a suggestion to try all the hdmi slots,i have only tried BD and DVD

the projector is a all in one ,i tried the composite inputs i get video but the audio comes only from the internal speakers

if i connect the laptop by hmdi would i be able to access the osd

thanks for your help
post #4901 of 4900 Old Today, 01:38 PM

Hi afrogt ,tried the monitor hdmi port ,got the Aud osd .

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page