*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 391 / 591 / 1611 Owner's Thread - Page 165 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #4921 of 4928 Old 05-02-2017, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 387 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15383 Post(s)
Liked: 7522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osvaldopeni View Post
Yes, I have seen the result of using Dynamic volume. Nevertheless it seems to be similar to a loudness control for an analog amplifier when I turn it to ON.
Also I have use manual setup as I already told you, but this way dynamic volume is no longer working. It is only available when using audissey settings. It would be great for this AVR if it feature some sort of function similar to loudness , as per the legacy stereo amplifiers. It would allow the user to get better results for analog audio. At least this is my experience using this Denon AVR. Best Regards!!!
Manual Setup still uses Audyssey, therefore there is no reason Dynamic Volume should be disabled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4922 of 4928 Old 07-14-2017, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just spent $30 on a digital audio optical cable and plugged it in to my 391 and I'm so stupid I can't figure out how to get the sound to come through the AVR
post #4923 of 4928 Old 07-15-2017, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron thomas View Post
I just spent $30 on a digital audio optical cable and plugged it in to my 391 and I'm so stupid I can't figure out how to get the sound to come through the AVR
What is the source device? When connected to the source device, do you see light coming from the other end? If you are passing the audio from a smart app on the TV (eg. Netflix), ensure the TV is set to "external speakers" and connect the cable from the optical audio output of the TV to the Optical(TV) input on the 391 and select "TV" on the remote.

Also, you can purchase 6' optical cables for < $5 at Walmart, Best Buy, and Monoprice.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Dv11r...&wl13=&veh=sem

post #4924 of 4928 Old 08-22-2017, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
First I wold like to thankk everyone, both for answering questions, and asking them.

I have a Denon AVR-391 that I have successfully connected via optical to my desktop(custom OC beast), was running windows7 now 10 and to my Lenova Laptop via HDMI running windows 7. It seems that BatPigWorld has left the building an taken his website with him. I am looking for the setup guide and info about adding 2 more speakers to this unit. The computer and avr almost new, and I found some Sony 4 ohm speakers in the box with them, I seem to remember haaving them hooked up, but I don't remember how... another amp?

I dont remember or incorrectly remember much due to a TBI, Bike accident.. So familiar things help bring it back, I used that guide in 09 or 2010. I hope someone has it or something similir.

Thank You,

Charlie
post #4925 of 4928 Old 08-22-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Lance View Post
First I wold like to thankk everyone, both for answering questions, and asking them.

I have a Denon AVR-391 that I have successfully connected via optical to my desktop(custom OC beast), was running windows7 now 10 and to my Lenova Laptop via HDMI running windows 7. It seems that BatPigWorld has left the building an taken his website with him. I am looking for the setup guide and info about adding 2 more speakers to this unit. The computer and avr almost new, and I found some Sony 4 ohm speakers in the box with them, I seem to remember haaving them hooked up, but I don't remember how... another amp?

I dont remember or incorrectly remember much due to a TBI, Bike accident.. So familiar things help bring it back, I used that guide in 09 or 2010. I hope someone has it or something similir.

Thank You,

Charlie
Why not just use the Owner's manual? What else is it you need to know? How many speakers are connected now?
post #4926 of 4928 Old 08-22-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Why not just use the Owner's manual? What else is it you need to know? How many speakers are connected now?
Oh its hooked up and running now. I have my laptop hooked to it via HDMI and it's on my gigabit home network. Anyone I give access to can control it using their phone via bluetooth. My beast desktop has the big hard drives and the BD player... so I stream from the desktop or use a streamig service.. movies etc. Its all pumped into my big Samsung.

That being said, I can build a Harley that will pop wheelies on the freeway, but some of the setup loses me in the dust. Small/big speakers but if/then puts me in a For/Next loop. I seem to remember that guiide was written in crayon and had pictures!
post #4927 of 4928 Old 08-22-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The speaker that came with it, 3 front 2 rear and Sub up front. I hope everyone at the llake likes my music... lol its hitting.
post #4928 of 4928 Old 08-22-2017, 12:33 PM

How to add the Surround Back speakers to the 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Lance View Post
The speaker that came with it, 3 front 2 rear and Sub up front. I hope everyone at the llake likes my music... lol its hitting.
The 391 has 5 amps on board so in order to power the 2 additional speakers as Surround Back L/R, you would connect the Surround Back pre-outs to a 2CH external amp and connect the 2 speakers to that 2CH amp. Also set the S.B(Pre) setting to SMALL (p. 7 Owner's manual). Also set the SB CH OUT setting (p. 35 Owner's manual) to something other than OFF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page