post #4801 of 5040 Old 10-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Sweet, then I will do it. HDMI fixes are always welcome.

I guess I'll update too just in case I've got issues I don't realize! Easy to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4802 of 5040 Old 10-30-2011, 11:14 AM

Liked: 148
I just did the update. It was pretty easy and took 10 minutes. My settings all remained intact. I do not notice anything different.

I do have occasional times where my HTPC shows only a black screen and nothing but a reboot of the PC will fix it. I am hoping this takes care of that issue, very infrequent as it is.
post #4803 of 5040 Old 11-07-2011, 02:32 PM

So i purchased my receiver about almost a year ago, the 20th of the this month. No problems with it when i was living at my last place. We have just recently moved and when i unpacked everything and set up at the new place, I find out my sub is not working.
I have tested everything, swapped cable. Touched the tip of my sub cable and got feedback, so i know its not my sub. I had seen and read a thread about a couple guys on here that had issues with their pre-out and they have had to had it fixed by soder. I believe palehorse had this issue. One of the other posters said he had purchased a cable from monoprice and he said that may have been the issue. Which i believe is what happened to me. I have only plugged in the pre-out 2-3 times and never moved the unit until i moved a month ago.

I called pioneer and they don't seem that this seems to be a manufacture default, which it is. I took it to a local repair shop, and he was informing me that it seems to be more than the pre-out needing to be resoder, he did this and he said there was still issues with it. It seems to be have more issues with the circuitry on the board. Was telling me that if i was to fix it, it would cost just as much as i paid for it. He said that i could plug my LCR into my sub pre-outs and the plug it into my receiver. I would need to set the speaker settings to large and it should do the same thing as normally having it plugged into the sub pre-out. So now this is where i am at, I am going to pick up my receiver and may try another repair place to see if i can get a 2nd opinion. I am just irked that this happened, and now i have a 400 dollar piece of junk. Im just trying to see what else i can do.
post #4804 of 5040 Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberGamer View Post

So i purchased my receiver about almost a year ago, the 20th of the this month. No problems with it when i was living at my last place. We have just recently moved and when i unpacked everything and set up at the new place, I find out my sub is not working.
I have tested everything, swapped cable. Touched the tip of my sub cable and got feedback, so i know its not my sub. I had seen and read a thread about a couple guys on here that had issues with their pre-out and they have had to had it fixed by soder. I believe palehorse had this issue. One of the other posters said he had purchased a cable from monoprice and he said that may have been the issue. Which i believe is what happened to me. I have only plugged in the pre-out 2-3 times and never moved the unit until i moved a month ago.

I called pioneer and they don't seem that this seems to be a manufacture default, which it is. I took it to a local repair shop, and he was informing me that it seems to be more than the pre-out needing to be resoder, he did this and he said there was still issues with it. It seems to be have more issues with the circuitry on the board. Was telling me that if i was to fix it, it would cost just as much as i paid for it. He said that i could plug my LCR into my sub pre-outs and the plug it into my receiver. I would need to set the speaker settings to large and it should do the same thing as normally having it plugged into the sub pre-out. So now this is where i am at, I am going to pick up my receiver and may try another repair place to see if i can get a 2nd opinion. I am just irked that this happened, and now i have a 400 dollar piece of junk. Im just trying to see what else i can do.

I recently uninstalled my subwoofer because I have five bookshelf speakers, each with a 6&1/2" woofer and a 3/4" tweeter. I thought that the subwoofer was drowning out their true capability, and still feel that way. I even set the LFE level to OFF. So far, I'm still very happy with the results. If I ever decide to install my subwoofer again some day, I hope I didn't damage the subwoofer pre-out jack simply by pulling the cable out, then putting it back in again. Unless your subwoofer has a crossover knob or something on it, connecting it to the front channel pre-outs will not give you the right results. It'll be like having another front channel speaker, instead of just reenforcing the lower bass tones.
post #4805 of 5040 Old 11-13-2011, 12:50 PM

I am having problems with a 50ft hdmi out cable ftom my 1120,to an optoma bd66 projector. 1st worked fine until pj acted up, found out it was a faulty cable not not the pj, bought a new one and although handshake is cleared up, there is background snow/ its very snall but very noticable. tried direct run to componrnts, and everything works fine, tried 3rd cable and no handshake no signal at all.Again I tried orig cable, pict distortrd, BUT NO SNOW,1120-----hdmi cable--------------optoma hd66. somwhere inthis run, i am getting backround snow, bypass1120 works fine, any help would be appreciated.
post #4806 of 5040 Old 11-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregguy View Post

I am having problems with a 50ft hdmi out cable ftom my 1120,to an optoma bd66 projector. 1st worked fine until pj acted up, found out it was a faulty cable not not the pj, bought a new one and although handshake is cleared up, there is background snow/ its very snall but very noticable. tried direct run to componrnts, and everything works fine, tried 3rd cable and no handshake no signal at all.Again I tried orig cable, pict distortrd, BUT NO SNOW,1120-----hdmi cable--------------optoma hd66. somwhere inthis run, i am getting backround snow, bypass1120 works fine, any help would be appreciated.

Looks like you need an cable upgrade or signal booster is you want to go through 1120 here is an article that sheds some light on it
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7...?tag=cnetRiver
post #4807 of 5040 Old 11-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my VSX-1120-K where my Comcast DVR remote acts really screwy/almost doesn't work when the receiver is turned on. It takes like 2 or 3 clicks on buttons for it to recognize the actuation and sometimes it just doesn't recognize it at all.

When I turn the receiver off it acts just fine.

I think it has to do something with the signals being mixed up on the box and receiver.

Any ideas on a fix?
post #4808 of 5040 Old 11-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtron View Post

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my VSX-1120-K where my Comcast DVR remote acts really screwy/almost doesn't work when the receiver is turned on. It takes like 2 or 3 clicks on buttons for it to recognize the actuation and sometimes it just doesn't recognize it at all.

When I turn the receiver off it acts just fine.

I think it has to do something with the signals being mixed up on the box and receiver.

Any ideas on a fix?

Well one easy fix would be to just get harmony remote. Other would be just to program your Receiver remote to run the DVR page 62 of the manual addresses this. If that not an option either I suggest digging up on the manual for your Comcast DVR and looking for a way to find out what frequency code is being used by the remote (page 98 in the Pioneer manual lists all the possible combos) I have hunch one of it is messing with the pioneer. You just need to switch it to a different one. I hope this helps.
post #4809 of 5040 Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfanatic1 View Post

I have an Xbox 360 Elite, LG PX950 plasma, and Pioneer VSX-1120. For some reason, I can't have the Xbox 360 display a proper image with 1080p enabled on the Xbox 360 (using hdmi btw). The sound works, but I get a mostly green screen with this scrolling effect of red and blue jumbled lines (I can get a picture if it would help). The weird thing is the sound works fine. If I plug the xbox into the TV directly and change it to 1080p everything works fine, which is why I believe it is with the receiver. Any tips and can a file a complaint to microsoft/lg/pioneer with any hopes of a future fix??

Bump. Should I post this on the VSX-1121 forum? Any recommendations?
post #4810 of 5040 Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 AM

So I just got a new LG 55lw5600 TV and I was all excited to test the 3D, but I can't get any of my sources to recognize my TV as 3D. My TV is connected to my receiver via HDMI and all of my other components are connected to my receiver (PS3, PC, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I can only imagine it is a problem with the receiver. My PS3 does not recognize my computer as 3D and neither does my PC. Actually, my TV is saying that its source (the 1120 receiver) is only outputting in 720p, even though my PC is obviously set to 1080p.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #4811 of 5040 Old 12-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjanush View Post

So I just got a new LG 55lw5600 TV and I was all excited to test the 3D, but I can't get any of my sources to recognize my TV as 3D. My TV is connected to my receiver via HDMI and all of my other components are connected to my receiver (PS3, PC, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I can only imagine it is a problem with the receiver. My PS3 does not recognize my computer as 3D and neither does my PC. Actually, my TV is saying that its source (the 1120 receiver) is only outputting in 720p, even though my PC is obviously set to 1080p.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have any video conversion going on for the 3D device on the 1120?
I would set it to pass through for that particular input.
post #4812 of 5040 Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 AM

Picked up The Beatles USB apple with 24/44.1 FLAC files on it.

The USB stick is not recognized by the 1120.

I can play the files from my MacBook Air via HDMI to the 1120, but is there another avenue that won't tie up my laptop? A USB hard drive? Over Ethernet? Any ideas?

Thx.
post #4813 of 5040 Old 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM

@elvisahmed

"Do you have any video conversion going on for the 3D device on the 1120?
I would set it to pass through for that particular input."

I don't believe I have any conversion happening, but I honestly don't know how to check. Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I allow pass through?

My old tv, a Sony LCD, worked flawlessly. I can't believe how many problems I'm having with my new LED. I just discovered that watching a football game is almost unbearable because of the lag.
post #4814 of 5040 Old 12-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjanush View Post

@elvisahmed

"Do you have any video conversion going on for the 3D device on the 1120?
I would set it to pass through for that particular input."

I don't believe I have any conversion happening, but I honestly don't know how to check. Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I allow pass through?

My old tv, a Sony LCD, worked flawlessly. I can't believe how many problems I'm having with my new LED. I just discovered that watching a football game is almost unbearable because of the lag.

No problem. Page 57 of the manual describes how to setup the video conversion (I would recommend downloading the PDF of the manual as then with the help of search function it becomes your friend )
You will want to have it to off for your 3D input device.
It should send your signal as it is received if not try the pure or auto settings.
post #4815 of 5040 Old 12-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moop View Post

Picked up The Beatles USB apple with 24/44.1 FLAC files on it.

The USB stick is not recognized by the 1120.

I can play the files from my MacBook Air via HDMI to the 1120, but is there another avenue that won't tie up my laptop? A USB hard drive? Over Ethernet? Any ideas?

Thx.

Replying to my own post . . . Well I figured it out

Went to the Linn site where they recommended a Mac program called XLD which quickly converted the 24/44.1 FLAC files to 24/44.1 ALAC (Apple Lossless) files which iTunes supports.

From there using the Apple TV2 I get the audio from my desktop iTunes library into the 1120. Works great.
post #4816 of 5040 Old 12-16-2011, 09:08 PM

I have had the receiver about 10 months. Recently the remote has not been working properly for the Internet Radio and iPod sources. For Internet radio, the problem is changing from one station to another. The manual says to press "RECEIVER" the "RETURN". What is happening is that this will not work initially, and I have to switch to another source (eg CD) then back to Internet Radio, then try the command sequence again. This sometimes works after the first excursion out of and then back to Internet Radio. Sometimes it takes two or more excursions out and in to get the command to respond and allow me to scroll through the stations and pick a new one. With the iPod, the problem is that after plugging in, there is no remote control (which means no control at all--the iPod plays whatever was the last program going prior to plugging in.) Same thing to get past this one--go to another source for a moment, then back. I don't use the iPod often, but I use the I-Radio all the time, and the station switching problem seems to have gotten worse as of late. Honestly, I haven't changed the batteries (ran out of AAA's here for now), but I think battery problems are a long shot. If anyone has had this problem, whether solved or not, I would be interested in hearing a response.
post #4817 of 5040 Old 12-18-2011, 12:26 PM

Anyone know what a used vsx 1125 should sell for, I found a used one in a local add but not sure what its worth being used and all. Any issues with them that I should look for?
Thanks!
post #4818 of 5040 Old 12-23-2011, 02:45 AM

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to use the receiver to record? My recorder has AV In but my TV does not have AV out. It only has HDMI out. What can I do in this situation? Thanks in advance.
post #4819 of 5040 Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What kind of recorder is it and what source are you trying to record?

post #4820 of 5040 Old 12-23-2011, 07:56 AM

The recorder is USB recorder and I'm trying to record anything that is displayed on the TV (analog).
post #4821 of 5040 Old 12-23-2011, 04:48 PM

Just got everything setup on my new 1021. No problems so far, EXCEPT can't find a way to output audio to my Sennheiser wireless headphones. I have tried the front jack but get intermittent interference. Is there an output source on the rear of the receiver so that I don't have to go through the front jack (Zone 2?? maybe).

Thanks
post #4822 of 5040 Old 12-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker7711 View Post

Just got everything setup on my new 1021. No problems so far, EXCEPT can't find a way to output audio to my Sennheiser wireless headphones. I have tried the front jack but get intermittent interference. Is there an output source on the rear of the receiver so that I don't have to go through the front jack (Zone 2?? maybe).

Thanks

I am assuming your headphone accepts toslink/optical (I have a similar setup except I have pioneer wireless headphone) all you need to do is plug a toslink in the optical out for your receiver and you should good. I do run the audio through Optical from the inputs even though its all HDMI.
OOPS I realized you have a 1021 and not 1120 I am not sure it has toslink out.
post #4823 of 5040 Old 12-27-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker7711 View Post

Thanks

I am in the same situation. I use Zone 2 but it takes quite a bit to set it up the first time. After that, there is a lot of work to manage the switching. It's not a problem if you have a Harmony One remote but otherwise it is a lot of trouble. You also lose the ability to run a second zone set of speakers.

You will need to run a second set of cables from each source componenet to a different input on the AVR. For example, from my Blu-Ray player, I run HDMI to the BD input on the AVR. I run a second set of digital optical cables from the Blu-Ray to the DVD input on the AVR.

I designated my set-up as using Zone 2 in the Home menu. When I want to use the headphones this way I need to mute the main zone and switch to Zone 2 and then select the correct Zone 2 analog input. When I am done, I unmute the main zone, switch out of Zone 2 and then switch back to my main zone inputs. I use my Harmony One to manage all the switching. It took awhile to get it right as I had to add it to every activity. Now when I want to read and my wife wants to watch TV, she pushes one button and then puts on the cordless headphones. When we shut down, the Harmony puts everything back to where it's supposed to be so it's ready for the main zone next time we start an activity.
post #4824 of 5040 Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzerbillz View Post

I have had the receiver about 10 months. Recently the remote has not been working properly for the Internet Radio and iPod sources. For Internet radio, the problem is changing from one station to another. The manual says to press "RECEIVER" the "RETURN". What is happening is that this will not work initially, and I have to switch to another source (eg CD) then back to Internet Radio, then try the command sequence again. This sometimes works after the first excursion out of and then back to Internet Radio. Sometimes it takes two or more excursions out and in to get the command to respond and allow me to scroll through the stations and pick a new one. With the iPod, the problem is that after plugging in, there is no remote control (which means no control at all--the iPod plays whatever was the last program going prior to plugging in.) Same thing to get past this one--go to another source for a moment, then back. I don't use the iPod often, but I use the I-Radio all the time, and the station switching problem seems to have gotten worse as of late. Honestly, I haven't changed the batteries (ran out of AAA's here for now), but I think battery problems are a long shot. If anyone has had this problem, whether solved or not, I would be interested in hearing a response.

I'm not at home to check but I think you need to hit the source button first and not "receiver" so the remote will send out the proper commands.

Same thing with ipod, if you want to control playback from your ipod you need to press the ipod button then the ipod control button (i think it's the Home buttom) to switch control over to your ipod.
post #4825 of 5040 Old 12-28-2011, 08:55 PM

What are the next models up from the VSX-1120-K?
(Newer, with all the same features or better, and more amp power.)
post #4826 of 5040 Old 12-28-2011, 10:51 PM

VSX-1121-K is the latest / same model.

The next level is the elite line.

I've never experience FULL audio until now. I never knew what I was missing. WOW what a difference.
post #4827 of 5040 Old 12-30-2011, 04:24 PM

If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction regarding component connection, I would be grateful for the help. I have a 3D plasma (PN59D7000), Blue Ray, Xbox and an AVR (Pioneer VSX-1021K). I thought I could run my cable box through the AVR which seems easiest, but I have read comments about video degradation. I do not fully understand those comments because I thought I could just pass the cable through the AVR without the AVR processing it, but some people seem to have difficulty. Can I run the cable box through the AVR without any loss of picture quality? Is running the video through the AVR actually beneficial because it will upconvert the signal? Finally, if I should connect the cable box direct to the TV as opposed to through the AVR, then are the connections something like this:

cable box to TV via HDMI
cable box to AVR via optical digital (to get digital surround sound)
AVR to TV via HDMI
Blue Ray to AVR via HDMI
Xbox to AVR via HDMI for video and optical digital for audio

Some of what I have said here probably reveals how little I know about AV. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
post #4828 of 5040 Old 12-30-2011, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am running my satellite box(dish 722) through my 1120 via HDMI for switching purposes and see no signal degradation. You can turn the video processing off so that it is pass through only.

post #4829 of 5040 Old 12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I run everything through the receiver (xbox 360, bluray player, hd dvd player, HTPC, FIOS receiver), and a single HDMI to the projector - no issues at all, works great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
post #4830 of 5040 Old 12-30-2011, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzerbillz View Post

I have had the receiver about 10 months. Recently the remote has not been working properly for the Internet Radio and iPod sources. ...I think battery problems are a long shot. If anyone has had this problem, whether solved or not, I would be interested in hearing a response.

I finally got cat5 routed to my receiver, and was playing around with various features that require internet connection, such as internet radio, and noticed the same thing - initially I couldn't scroll up and down or select any station. I looked for others having the same / similar problem via Googling around, and found someone mentioned restarting the router - so I powered everything off, then turned on the router, wait 60 seconds, turned on switch, wait 60 seconds, then turned on the receiver, and it worked after that.

Pretty sure you can rule out batteries, I was using my Harmony Remote to control it (which was fully charged).

|
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page