Pioneer VSX-1120 TXH HDMI V1.4 Receiver Owners' Thread - Page 169 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #5041 of 5048 Old 11-29-2014, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Connecting receiver to network

Hello,

I'm trying to connect my receiver to my home network which requires a password. When I go through the system setup menu, to network settings, the default selection is to use DHCP which i fine since my router supports that. There's no place to input a password and naturally, my receiver isn't connected my network.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 5048 Old 11-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToomeyK View Post
I'm trying to connect my receiver to my home network which requires a password. When I go through the system setup menu, to network settings, the default selection is to use DHCP which i fine since my router supports that. There's no place to input a password and naturally, my receiver isn't connected my network.
Check your ethernet cable. Are you sure your home network requires a password for wired connections? That's usually reserved for wireless.

Every once in a while, quite inexplicably, things actually go according to plan.
post #5043 of 5048 Old 02-28-2015, 02:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by howzz1854 View Post

my guess is your center is colored to begin with. if your main L/R are less colored, you can tell MCACC to calibrate according to FRONTS. there're three options of auto calibration. "all channel", "FRONTS", or "opposites". in this case if your fronts are less colored, i would calibrate to the fronts. all channel in this case will just make your fronts sound tinier and more shrilling.

try that and report back.
I'm gonna have to try this too....
post #5044 of 5048 Old 02-28-2015, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
had this receiver for like 3 years or so working flawlessly. Just bought a TV that supports ARC and decided to use it. Now when my harmony one starts the sequence of powering on everything like it used to, the receiver always goes to the display selection instead of the HDMI 1 that it needs to be at. Why does it keep doing it, when i shut it off it neevr was on that source of display, it was on what it was supposed to be on. I hit help on remote and redoes the whole sequence and then it works. Why?

Last edited by ki11abee; 02-28-2015 at 10:15 AM.
post #5045 of 5048 Old 06-12-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I've just purchased a 4K TV.

Currently I'm running all inputs into the receiver and feeding out to my current TV via a single HDMI cable into the TV's primary HDMI port.

As far as I can tell there isn't very much 4K content, other than some streaming from Netflix or YouTube. We connect our Roku to the receiver via HDMI and then route from the receiver to the TV.

Will the receiver be able to passthrough 4K signals unaltered?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks, still loving this little receiver that could.

Last edited by Danabw; 06-12-2015 at 01:37 PM.
post #5046 of 5048 Old 06-12-2015, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
I've just purchased a 4K TV.

Currently I'm running all inputs into the receiver and feeding out to my current TV via a single HDMI cable into the TV's primary HDMI port.

As far as I can tell there isn't very much 4K content, other than some streaming from Netflix or YouTube. We connect our Roku to the receiver via HDMI and then route from the receiver to the TV.

Will the receiver be able to passthrough 4K signals unaltered?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks, still loving this little receiver that could.
It won't pass 4K signals at all.

It's not an issue now, though, since there are no signal sources that produce it. Once 4K bluray players come out, as an example, then you may need a new AVR with 4K processing.

Alternatively, if a 4K bluray has two HDMI Outputs, you could have one go directly to the screen for video, and another HDMI connector to the AVR just for sound.

As far as 4K streaming, which is the only way to get 4K now, just run a digital SPDIF cable (optical or coax) from the TV to the AVR to get the sound.
Danabw likes this.
post #5047 of 5048 Old 06-12-2015, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
It won't pass 4K signals at all.

It's not an issue now, though, since there are no signal sources that produce it. Once 4K bluray players come out, as an example, then you may need a new AVR with 4K processing.

Alternatively, if a 4K bluray has two HDMI Outputs, you could have one go directly to the screen for video, and another HDMI connector to the AVR just for sound.

As far as 4K streaming, which is the only way to get 4K now, just run a digital SPDIF cable (optical or coax) from the TV to the AVR to get the sound.
So you're saying that I should stream Netflix via the built-in TV app, and send the audio from the TV to the receiver, rather than using the Roku. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
post #5048 of 5048 Old 06-15-2015, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
So you're saying that I should stream Netflix via the built-in TV app, and send the audio from the TV to the receiver, rather than using the Roku. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I would unless you have two HDMI outputs on the Roku: one a reliable HDMI 2.0 output to go to the display, another to go the the AVR for sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page