The **Official** Denon 3311CI/ 991 Owner's Thread NO PRICE TALK - Page 106 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Member
 
snuci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New owner of an AVR-991 here. Thanks to all, especially batpig and jdsmoothie. I purchased this unit for a number of reasons and the information here was priceless.

I recently bought four Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series IIs for the corners and I thought I made a mistake since my old Pioneer receiver would not utilize more than the front two speakers for music and barely used them for 5.1 while watching movies. This receiver changes all that. I also have a Polk Audio CS2 Series II center and the subwoofer from my old Pioneer HTIB. It sounds great, even though I have not yet run Audyssey since I'm going to change my furniture layout shortly.

I have a DLNA server with all of my music on it and it's been flawless. No network issues except for one time it did retry once on a firmware upgrade. Holding in the power button until it restarted got things going again and the upgrade completed.

Music performance is great and PLII Music simulated surround is mindblowing. You can really appreciate the music quality and range (or lack thereof) of some the tracks. I haven't really played a lot with Internet radio or the other services yet but I plan to. I've honestly been too busy reading the 105 pages of this thread. Now that I have it, I may have to read it again

I have a Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY display with the added DVI board and, while I was a little worried that I needed a 1080p display, it has absolutely no problems feeding it HDMI through an HDMI->DVI cable. I ran component to it with my old set up and used the DVi for an HTPC that didn't last very long. Great picture after all these years.

I also use a PS3 and have no issues with it either. It uses my DLNA server to stream movies and it works like a champ through the AVR-991.

I've used the web interface, the iPhone app, the Android app but may actually write a Blackberry app to control the receiver. This feature is such a bonus. Truthfully, I'm still amazed at the on-screen menus that I never had before. How did I do without them?

My current speaker set up is weird because of my family room. The two front/two back speakers are in a rhomboid pattern where my four speakers are evenly apart but my rear right speaker is roughly between my two front speakers and the rear left speaker is off to the left. Out of curiosity, could Audyssey make it work? I think I'll just move the furniture around but that Panny is heavy

Thanks again for all the discussion. I'm sure I'll be back for advise and I certainly will be watching this thread regularly as I learn more about what this receiver can do.
snuci is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuci View Post
My current speaker set up is weird because of my family room. The two front/two back speakers are in a rhomboid pattern where my four speakers are evenly apart but my rear right speaker is roughly between my two front speakers and the rear left speaker is off to the left. Out of curiosity, could Audyssey make it work? I think I'll just move the furniture around but that Panny is heavy
I'd probably go with moving the furniture, although I would still suggest running AUTO SETUP now just to see what it will do for you. Either that or simply angle the speakers and TV to turn the rhomboid into a rectangle.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Member
 
gozetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This 3311 is my first amp with the hdmi capability and I might have had unrealistic expectations so I wanted to ask the group. I hate it when my projector changes modes. I was under the impression that with upscaling that I could keep a consistent signal going to the projector. I have setup upscaling for Apple TV and FiOS to 1080p but when changing from one 1080p source to another, the projector loses signal for a brief moment when the change occurs. This results in the projector resyncing for several seconds. Is there any way for the amp to keep a consistent output to the projector so it doesn't switch between sources of the same output resolution?
gozetta is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:35 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
It's unclear whether you have the sources upscaling to 1080p or the 3311. If you have the sources set to NATIVE, set them to their highest resolution which should reduce any HDMI handshaking issues, although changing sources in general will result in a resyncing or HDMI handshaking to occur.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 25,085
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 1611
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozetta View Post

This 3311 is my first amp with the hdmi capability and I might have had unrealistic expectations so I wanted to ask the group. I hate it when my projector changes modes. I was under the impression that with upscaling that I could keep a consistent signal going to the projector. I have setup upscaling for Apple TV and FiOS to 1080p but when changing from one 1080p source to another, the projector loses signal for a brief moment when the change occurs. This results in the projector resyncing for several seconds. Is there any way for the amp to keep a consistent output to the projector so it doesn't switch between sources of the same output resolution?

if your expectation is that there will be zero re-sync time when switching sources because they have the same resolution, then, yes, you have unrealistic expectations

ANY time there is a change in the HDMI "chain" there will be a re-sync. In the case of switching from ATV to FiOS, the source has changed so the whole chain of devices (source / AVR / display) needs to renegotiate and confirm HDCP compliance. It doesn't matter that they are the same resolution (as the projector sees it), one signal disappears, and then a new signal appears, so the PJ must renegotiate the "handshake" with the HDMI chain.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 3,792
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Just started looking at this thread, and wow, this seems to be a very special receiver. This 2011 model seems to be a lot more than I thought it would be...not just 3d capable. Am I just getting caught up in the hype (as can happen at first glance), or do you guys think likewise, that this model is a lot better than the 3310 because of all the new features / upgrades?
mphfrom77 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
The most important upgrade is the more advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT over the basic MultEQ version in the 3310 and lower level models.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 25,085
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 1611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Just started looking at this thread, and wow, this seems to be a very special receiver. This 2011 model seems to be a lot more than I thought it would be...not just 3d capable. Am I just getting caught up in the hype (as can happen at first glance), or do you guys think likewise, that this model is a lot better than the 3310 because of all the new features / upgrades?
IMHO the 3311 is a big step forward from the 3310. When the 2809 was replaced by the 3310, they took away some "audiophile features" like MultEQ XT and slapped in networking, changed the first number to "3" to make it look fancier and jacked the msrp up from $1199 to $1499.

It made the 3310 a poor value at the time of release... and the "street price" from retailers soon dropped as a reflection of that. The 3311 however has hit a big "sweet spot" in terms of features for the price, with the return of MultEQ XT, iPod USB port, Audyssey DSX, and a $300 drop in msrp.

The lower level models (2311/891 and down) didn't really gain much for the xx11 model year, just 3D support really. But the 3311 and 4311 took a pretty big step forward from their xx10 counterparts.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DreamCatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

IMHO the 3311 is a big step forward from the 3310. When the 2809 was replaced by the 3310, they took away some "audiophile features" like MultEQ XT and slapped in networking, changed the first number to "3" to make it look fancier and jacked the msrp up from $1199 to $1499.

It made the 3310 a poor value at the time of release... and the "street price" from retailers soon dropped as a reflection of that. The 3311 however has hit a big "sweet spot" in terms of features for the price, with the return of MultEQ XT, iPod USB port, Audyssey DSX, and a $300 drop in msrp.

The lower level models (2311/891 and down) didn't really gain much for the xx11 model year, just 3D support really. But the 3311 and 4311 took a pretty big step forward from their xx10 counterparts.

Completely agree with batpig.......
and I'd take it a step further in saying that the 3311 has many advantages over even the 4310...
3D capabilities
ability to EQ up to 11.1 speakers
ability to select on the fly different speaker configurations, ie DPLIIx or DPLIIz, without re-running Audyssey
faster EQ'ing setup
more useful remote
more reliable networking
lower price.......

DreamCatcher

StayThristyMyFriends
DreamCatcher is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
centauro74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anybody knows if the 3311ci will get the update for apple airplay.

centauro74 is online now  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:32 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
This was just discussed yesterday. The answer is yes. It should be available on Nov 25 for $49.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Newbie
 
DBS1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I heard it might be free at first so I didn't want to pay $49, but I figure somebody might have already tried this. It's an order form for the airplay upgrade.

I'm new so I can't post urls but I found this link:
shop.denon.com/Webpage.aspx?WebpageId=4&CategoryId=18&uidStatus=0
DBS1981 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Although originally it was to be a free upgrade for the first 3 weeks of it's release via a rebate, that apparently is no longer the case.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Newbie
 
treejohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,
This is my first post in this forum.

I just received my brand new 3311ci and would like to cheat and use your knowledge instead of reading 106 pages of info.

My old system used the pre-outs for the mains, to DBX 2496 crossover and then to the sub and mains, this worked well for many years.

Unfortunatley the default setting (after auto setup) is to crossover my front large speakers at 40hz.

I need the full signal to mains to allow my sub to get down to 20hz (cut off with crossover)

FYI - Pandora was up and running in the first couple of mins that it took me to get there!

John
treejohnny is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Newbie
 
rmd63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Let's not blow things out of proportion .... folks generally only come here when they have problems with or questions about the AVR. Of those that have posted about network issues, several were resolved by the "network reset" and a few others by NOT using a wireless connection, rather hardwired to the modem. To date, only about 3 posters have indicated they ended up sending in their AVR for repair which did indeed resolve their network connection issue.

Looks like I will probably be #4. Even direct connection does not fix networking issues and the AVR has been acting wierd. I went into configuration menu after a system reset to try to configure my inputs. After I exited the menu I could no longer access menu functionality again and then remote stopped working. I did another system reset and unit is working ok, other than networking.
rmd63 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Member
 
roylone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Count me as #5 re: network / gui issues. No matter whether I reset or connect directly, the internal web page and updates do not function. If I reset and try to update, I get partially through and then I get an error: Update fail 10.

I brought the unit in today for repair and the tech there said that he has 3 other 3311s with a similar problem. He told me that when he attempts to update the firmware thought the serial port, it fails as well. Denon has not been able to come up with a fix yet according to him. If they can not fix the unit within 30 days, they will replace it.
roylone is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Newbie
 
treejohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I think I didnt need to ask question.
The receiver is sending all frequencies to the crossover!

There is alot to learn with a new reciever.

Should I have any fear of new firmare updates?

John
treejohnny is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Member
 
Smoothjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As I mention before I lost my Internet connection on my 3311ci so last week I took it back to the Mom &Pop store where I bought it they called me today and told me Denon is giving me a new one and I will have it Friday. Happy to get a new one just hope I have no problems with it. Also I hope everyone else with this problem get theirs replaced also.
Smoothjake is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
spager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I peeled the black felt off my oddysy mic last week when I was reading the post last week and someone asked if you should peal off the grey sticker and said yes. Mine did not come with a grey sticker so I pealed off the felt. Two post later said do not peel of black felt. I put the oddisy mic in a zip lock bag so that it would not colect dust right away I did not keep the black felt and it is gone(I lost it). My question is will the mic work as it should or do I need a new mic. If you guys could ask I believe oddisy chris if I keep it in a zip lock bag would I be ok or do I need the black felt can I get sent to me or where can I get one. I live in Kingston, ON, Canada.

tks spager
spager is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:05 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd63 View Post
Looks like I will probably be #4. Even direct connection does not fix networking issues and the AVR has been acting wierd. I went into configuration menu after a system reset to try to configure my inputs. After I exited the menu I could no longer access menu functionality again and then remote stopped working. I did another system reset and unit is working ok, other than networking.
Do you have Network Standby (p. 39) set to YES?

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:07 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by spager View Post
If you guys could ask I believe oddisy chris if I keep it in a zip lock bag would I be ok or do I need the black felt can I get sent to me or where can I get one. I live in Kingston, ON, Canada.

tks spager
Why not simply ask him yourself either in the Audyssey thread or via the Ask Audyssey on the Audyssey website?

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Newbie
 
DBS1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if the air play update will also stream video?
DBS1981 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
It's been confirmed that it won't.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
spager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Sent my question to audysy teck. Will post and let the forum know thier reply for my bone head mistake.

tks jd
spager is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Emig5m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by roylone View Post
Count me as #5 re: network / gui issues. No matter whether I reset or connect directly, the internal web page and updates do not function. If I reset and try to update, I get partially through and then I get an error: Update fail 10.

I brought the unit in today for repair and the tech there said that he has 3 other 3311s with a similar problem. He told me that when he attempts to update the firmware thought the serial port, it fails as well. Denon has not been able to come up with a fix yet according to him. If they can not fix the unit within 30 days, they will replace it.
I was getting the Update fail 10 then one day I did the network reset and it found the new firmware and installed and completed it no problem.
Emig5m is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
spager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Sometimes when I listen to music I leave the denon image that apears on my LCD tv. My question is is this ok for fear of burning the image on to the LCD screen?

tia spager
spager is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Member
 
gajenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been looking to get a good receiver and the 3311 seems for the price to fit the bill..closest other one is the pioneer sc35 for the price. I saw that a bunch of guys bought from EE,can someone please link the page to the coupon for discount,i couldnt find it..hope most of the issues ive read about are resolved by now, are they?
if anyone has info on how the 3311 would match up with polk rti10 fronts for bi amping id appreciate it.
gajenn is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SoundofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SE MI
Posts: 7,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 161
^ Hi, welcome. The 3311 with MultEQXT will make your Polks sing. If you are not running ext power amps and an active crossover there's really no need to bother with biamp.

Just call or chat directly with EE and mention the great deals you've heard on AVS so they'll give you their best price right off, per jdsmoothie's suggestion. You could also call J&R for a price as EE will price match.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

SoundofMind is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,888
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
You don't need a coupon, simply call them up and tell them you heard about them from AVS forum and want their best price ... it will be the same or in some cases even better than what any coupon would provide.

Beat me that time SOM!

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rgathright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Pearl River, La.
Posts: 4,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajenn View Post

I've been looking to get a good receiver and the 3311 seems for the price to fit the bill..closest other one is the pioneer sc35 for the price. I saw that a bunch of guys bought from EE,can someone please link the page to the coupon for discount,i couldnt find it..hope most of the issues ive read about are resolved by now, are they?
if anyone has info on how the 3311 would match up with polk rti10 fronts for bi amping id appreciate it.

I am also looking at this receiver for my Polks. Right now it has boiled down to the Onkyo TX-NR708 and the AVR991. What is "EE"?

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS
rgathright is offline  
 

Tags
Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Denon , Receivers Amplifiers
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off