The **Official** Denon 3311CI/ 991 Owner's Thread NO PRICE TALK - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 10557 Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by [KYA]Mega View Post

Tuesday. Darn holiday. LOLI think you may be confusing some terms... a patch cable just means a cable with an RJ45 at each end... and that is fine. But true, that a crossover cable would not work.

Djoel,

Can you provide the following details in order for us to help troubleshoot a bit more:

1. What Internet Service Provider (ISP) do you have (Time Warner, U-Verse, etc)?

2. Describe exactly what is plugged into what with.

For example, mine will be:

Cable from wall -> U-Verse box -> Netgear Router (with WiFi) -> D-Link Switch -> Denon.

i am wondering if his AVR ethernet port is just not working,
if he can connect straight to his modem or cable box, to see if he even can reacha signal then he has an issue with his router

From jdsmoothie "Before returning your Denon as being defective ... "Reset the Microprocessor" (see Owner's Manual for instructions)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme22 View Post

DJoel can you try a straight connection from your modem to the receiver,
and see if you can connect, if you can connect then there might be a ip issue with your router
how far is your router to your receiver? and are you running a long ethernet cable?

what is the model of your receiver?

The cable is about a meter long, and it's about a foot away from the receiver..I even switched the cables, and the ports to see if anything changed.

Thank you

Djoel
post #423 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvader View Post

Djoel,

Assuming have a normal router from your ISP (what are you on TWC/VERIZON? What Kind of Router can you see the Name / Model?) DHCP on the 3311 should definitely be ON, unless you have some reason to manually set IP Address (probably not). You said you have a BDP-83, it should work the same.

Make sure DHCP is ON, then if it doesn't work

unplug (AC Plug) the router and the Denon...wait a minutes or so, power up the router, wait until you can browse the web on your PC to make sure the router is fully up then power up the Denon.

Let us know if it works.

It's Linksys WRT300N wireless-n, and my providers are TWC...I've switched every way but UP, so I'll check on what setting it's on now...

OK: It's on Off but I can't enable it, for some reason. I'm on the Network Information screen, were it say Friendly Name, " DHCP ", IP Address, Mac Address...

Djoel
post #424 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KYA]Mega View Post

Tuesday. Darn holiday. LOLI think you may be confusing some terms... a patch cable just means a cable with an RJ45 at each end... and that is fine. But true, that a crossover cable would not work.

Djoel,

Can you provide the following details in order for us to help troubleshoot a bit more:

1. What Internet Service Provider (ISP) do you have (Time Warner, U-Verse, etc)?

2. Describe exactly what is plugged into what with.

For example, mine will be:

Cable from wall -> U-Verse box -> Netgear Router (with WiFi) -> D-Link Switch -> Denon.

Thanks guys for all your help

I manage to turn on the DCHP one of the screens, I went t o see if I can update firmware, just to see what's going on, now it say connection failed, apposed to no connection I'm hoping that's better than no connection.

Like I mentioned before my provider is TWC..
My Router wireless router is Linksys WRT300N, and if there's something better out there with more connection ports don't be shy..I'm sure I over paid for this thing.
It' connected to a modem house crap the cable company brought in, again if there's something better please let me know..

Wire's, I'm not 100% exactly name, but I believe it's CAT5 cable, again it's like a meter long to the avr..

Thanks a million guys

DJOel
post #425 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i am wondering if his AVR ethernet port is just not working, if he can connect straight to his modem or cable box, to see if he even can reacha signal then he has an issue with his router

That has me a bit concern as well, as I've tried different ports and cables

Hope it isn't...I real like this unit, and I can definitely see it's potential.

DJoel

Good night and Happy, and safe Fourth.
post #426 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade Lately? View Post

I had a Yamaha RX-V2400 before the Denon 3311. The Yamaha was good for its time, but this Denon blows it away!

Glad you're enjoy it..Congrats

Djoel
post #427 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctlog View Post

Recieved the 3311 yesterday and thought I would have it mastered by now, I was wrong. I managed to get the 5.1 + front wides working and run Audyssey. The result is a little flat, the highs need a boost. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Selecting "Audyssey flat" will give a small boost on the highs.
post #428 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golo View Post

Hey guys.. my first home theater system here so I am learning a lot... just hooked up my 3311 a day ago...

I have my PS3 (phat, got it on release day) but when I go into settings > audio output settings > hdmi > manual... the only check boxes I see which are already checked are Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch and DTS 5.1 CH then all the Linear PCM boxes from 2 Ch all the way down to 7.1 Ch... I don't see any settings for DD TrueHD or DTS HD MA..

I have a 5.1 speaker system hooked up.. is there something I am missing? thanks!

The original ("fat") PS3 will play HD codecs as multichannel LPCM. You will not see them listed in the audio set-up menu.
post #429 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

That has me a bit concern as well, as I've tried different ports and cables

Hope it isn't...I real like this unit, and I can definitely see it's potential.

DJoel

Good night and Happy, and safe Fourth.

I would first try to run one end from your receiver the other to your TWC,
if that works, then u have an issue with your Linksys WRT300N wireless-n

From jdsmoothie "Before returning your Denon as being defective ... "Reset the Microprocessor" (see Owner's Manual for instructions)
post #430 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 03:06 AM

First thing you want to do is see if you have a link light on your router when you plug in the ethernet cord from the Denon.

If you aren't getting a link light, then something is either wrong with the port on the denon receiver, your ethernet cord or the router port. Plug another device such as a computer or xbox into the same router port using the same ethernet cord and see if you get a link light. If you get a link light with the computer or xbox and not with the Denon, then you know the problem is on the Denon side. You may have a defective Denon.

Let's suppose you did get a link light with the Denon. That is a good sign. We know we have a good physical connection and the problem is probably a setting on your router or on the Denon. The reason you might not be getting an IP address on your Denon is because DHCP might be disabled on your router.

Use a computer connected to your router by wire or wireless to browse to your router's configuration screen. You do this by typing your default gateway address into the address bar on your internet browser.

Just enter the ip address of your default gateway into your address bar and it should take you right in. FYI, this is the same screen that you set up your SSID and WPA2 password.

If you don't know your default gateway, just click start and type in the run/search box CMD and hit enter . This will bring up a command prompt. Then type ipconfig and hit enter. One of the lines that appears will say "default gateway". It should be someting like 192.168.1.1.

A login page should appear and you should login with your userID and password. If you never changed the login credentials, the userID will be admin and the password will be blank.

Click on the Setup tab and then on the left column, click Network Settings. Make sure the drop down list on the top of the Network Settings page says Automatic Configuration - DHCP. Look about halfway down the page and make sure the Enabled radio button is clicked in the DHCP server section.

If you had to make any changes, click the save button at the bottom of the screen. If the settings were already correct, then you know that DHCP was already enabled.

Once you have verified that DHCP is enabled, click the status tab on the upper right hand corner. Click the local network sub tab. Click the DHCP client table button. This will list all of the devices that your router has assigned IP addresses to. Click the refresh button to make sure this screen is up to date.

Look for your Denon receiver name and/or mac address. If it isn't showing up here, then you know that your router is not assigning an IP address to your receiver. Make sure that the receiver is set to receive its IP address via DHCP.

If the Denon is set up for DHCP and you still aren't getting an IP address automatically, you may need to assign a static IP address.

Click on the Setup tab then click on Network Setup on the left column. Click the DHCP Reservation button in the middle of the screen. Find the "Manually Adding Client" section. Type in your Denon "friendly name", type in an IP address of your choosing and then type in your Denon MAC address. FYI you will want to pick an IP address that is similar to the ones assigned to your other devices. For example, if your laptop is assigned 192.168.0.100 and your Xbox is assigned 192.168.0.101 then you may want to pick something like 192.168.0.109. Make sure NOT to pick an IP address that is already in use. These will be listed on the same page so it should be easy to not duplicate an IP address.

Click add, and then click save settings. Now set the Static IP address on your Denon. Use the ipconfig command in the command prompt like we did earlier to figure out what your subnet mask is. Set your default gateway to the default gateway listing in ipconfig.

Save the settings and cross your fingers.

If none of this works, then you might have a defective Denon. Especially if other devices connected to your router work fine.
post #431 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

The original ("fat") PS3 will play HD codecs as multichannel LPCM. You will not see them listed in the audio set-up menu.

Thanks for reply... I figured out you just leave it as LPCM and the PS3 will decode TrueHD or DTS-MA and send it to the 3311... when watching the Dark Knight bluray it just says mult ch in on the front but when you press select on the ps3 and the info pops up for the bluray, it says TrueHD... no light or trueHD showing on the front of the receiver though.. oh well

Another noob question... how does the HDMI auto switching work? I have a cable box hooked up on hdmi 1 and a ps3 hooked up on hdmi 2 then one hdmi coming out from the 3311 on monitor 1 to my hdtv... I was just watching a bluray last night on my ps3 then when I was done I turned off the ps3, 3311 and my TV.

This morning I turn on my TV and just wanted to watch it using the regular tv speakers since people are still sleeping and the audio and video are not passing through like normal... is it because the receiver was left on game input when I turned it off and not on the sat/cbl input? so when/how does hdmi auto switching work... shouldnt it sense what is on and trying to pass data then switch to it?

Well I just turned on the 3311 now and it is on the game input like I left it but my ps3 is off and I have turned the cable box on and off a couple times and nothing is happening.. I can understand that maybe it wouldn't auto switch with the power off but shouldn't it do it now with the power on and switch to sat/cbl on its own? Unless I don't have the right option set or my thinking is totally off... thanks for the help!
post #432 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by golo View Post

Another noob question... how does the HDMI auto switching work? I have a cable box hooked up on hdmi 1 and a ps3 hooked up on hdmi 2 then one hdmi coming out from the 3311 on monitor 1 to my hdtv... I was just watching a bluray last night on my ps3 then when I was done I turned off the ps3, 3311 and my TV.

This morning I turn on my TV and just wanted to watch it using the regular tv speakers since people are still sleeping and the audio and video are not passing through like normal... is it because the receiver was left on game input when I turned it off and not on the sat/cbl input? so when/how does hdmi auto switching work... shouldnt it sense what is on and trying to pass data then switch to it?

Set HDMI Control to On and select your Standby Source (default setting is Last), see page 82.
post #433 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 AM

I've got my 3311 in and setup, and I've finally run the Audyssey and I'm loving life. The Audyssey setup went smoothly and the configuration and settings look good, and everything sounds great, with one massive exception, the subwoofer. I was hoping someone here could help me out with my setup.

The problem is I don't have a dedicated subwoofer, I have Polk RT3000p's for my front channels, and each speaker is really 2 units, with the top speaker being 2x 6.5" drivers and a tweeter and the bottom unit being 2x 8" drivers acting as powered subwoofers. I also have a CS1000p as the center channel, which has 2x 6.5" powered subwoofers in addition to 2 drivers and a tweeter.

I have this gear wired the same way I had my AVR-4802 wired, with the regular speaker lines running to the RT3000p's top unit, the preout Left and Right lines running to the lower subwoofer unit, PLUS the LFE line from the AVR running to each Left and Right subwoofer as well. The center channel has the regular speaker wire connection PLUS the center channel preout driving the LFE of the center channel.

Now before I ran Audyssey I took out my trusty sound meter and set the LFE level from each of the Left and Right channels independently using the volume knob on the subwoofer so that at my main seating area the sound meter read 75dB using the test tone, per the setup instructions, and I set the LFE LPF to 120Hz. After running Audyssey, the software set my LFE level to -12dB (which is the lowest setting before it switches off), and even with that minimum setting the room is rattling with bass. Now I actually kind of enjoyed it, but the wife and the dog were ready to kill me.

My next thought was to lower the volume setting on the subs and run Audyssey again, but then I thought maybe I'm wiring these subs wrong. Maybe I don't need to run the preout and the LFE simultaneously to the subs, maybe thats overkill. I thought I'd check with you guys first since the expertise here in this forum usually saves me hours of wasted time. Anyone have thoughts on how I should be balancing the LFE response of my setup?
post #434 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:

I've own a Logictech transport which automatically found the IP,and my Apple TV seem simple as well...This I'm not getting.

Hope I'm not repeating too much here, but did you try the same cable (and router port) that worked with the Apple TV? Also, Cat5 and "phone cable" you mentioned are not the same thing. Phone cable has narrower plug (4 pins) than Cat5 (RJ45), which has 8. It is possible to plug the phone cable into a RJ45 socket, but that will not work for Ethernet.
post #435 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked: 1573
Quote:
Originally Posted by backset View Post

My next thought was to lower the volume setting on the subs and run Audyssey again, but then I thought maybe I'm wiring these subs wrong. Maybe I don't need to run the preout and the LFE simultaneously to the subs, maybe thats overkill.

this is correct -- just run the RCA connections from the two SUB OUT ports on the Denon to the LFE inputs on the subs in the Polk towers. No need to do the redundant connection with the L/R pre-outs. Since they are acting as the subwoofer channel in your system, you want the modern digital receiver to control all the bass management and send the low freq stuff directly to them.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #436 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

It's Linksys WRT300N wireless-n, and my providers are TWC...I've switched every way but UP, so I'll check on what setting it's on now...

OK: It's on Off but I can't enable it, for some reason. I'm on the Network Information screen, were it say Friendly Name, " DHCP ", IP Address, Mac Address...

Djoel

OK that is a super key piece of information. You definitely want DHCP On (or at least to test it). One thing we have learned is Denon makes great AVR's but really poor manuals. (that's being nice).

Just to minimize variables, use one of the working cables from one of your other devices.

Now one interesting thing according to the manual (page 84) DHCP is supposed to be set to ON as the default...but it looks like it is not for some reason.

It would seem that the screen that you are one to set the Network Friendly Name lets you edit the name but only Displays the DHCP setting, but does not let you Set it.

You need to get to the screen that is shown on page 84 of the manual.
Manual Setup -> Network Connecting -> Detail
Then set DHCP to On.

Me? I doubt it a HW issue got to get the DHCP setting ON.

Good luck!

Got 40+ coming over today...but I am rooting for you! Will check in later.
LL

Long Live The Gorn!
post #437 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would first try to run one end from your receiver the other to your TWC,
if that works, then u have an issue with your Linksys WRT300N wireless-n

I'm about to try that, but as I mention on the PM I see the Denon 3311ci on the Linksys page program set up thingy as NEW DEVICE !

Quote:

Hope I'm not repeating too much here, but did you try the same cable (and router port) that worked with the Apple TV? Also, Cat5 and "phone cable" you mentioned are not the same thing. Phone cable has narrower plug (4 pins) than Cat5 (RJ45), which has 8. It is possible to plug the phone cable into a RJ45 socket, but that will not work for Ethernet.

I switched several, but that's when it was on off...I'll try that again though
Sorry I was tyring to described the cable, but definitely Cat5 cable. I just don't know t he name of those wires..I'll re try all of the above again, but I believe and I'm hoping I'm wrong that there's something wrong with the Unit's port

Quote:

OK that is a super key piece of information. You definitely want DHCP On (or at least to test it). One thing we have learned is Denon makes great AVR's but really poor manuals. (that's being nice).

Yeah but it still doesn't work! As I mentioned above I'm going to disconnect every power connection, router,receiver,ect

Quote:

Just to minimize variables, use one of the working cables from one of your other devices.

Yes I did that, before..But I'm going to do it again..To rule it out.

Quote:

Now one interesting thing according to the manual (page 84) DHCP is supposed to be set to ON as the default...but it looks like it is not for some reason.

Confusing I would say.

Quote:

It would seem that the screen that you are one to set the Network Friendly Name lets you edit the name but only Displays the DHCP setting, but does not let you Set it.
You need to get to the screen that is shown on page 84 of the manual.
Manual Setup -> Network Connecting -> Detail
Then set DHCP to On.

Me? I doubt it a HW issue got to get the DHCP setting ON.

Good luck!

Got 40+ coming over today...but I am rooting for you! Will check in later.

Yeah I did get it on the ON position, thanks for all your help, and good luck on your party

Hey guys thank you for all your help, and great information. I'm sure if the problem is with me the above advice will help the issue. I type so slow that I've done a few about the above things mentioned but I'll recheck everything and make sure nothing was canceling each other while doing it...I really hope I don't have to send the unit back...I'm going away on Vacay and the Warden is on me making sure I pack my things and not to forget anything thing...

Djoel
post #438 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwrsx View Post

First thing you want to do is see if you have a link light on your router when you plug in the ethernet cord from the Denon.

If you aren't getting a link light, then something is either wrong with the port on the denon receiver, your ethernet cord or the router port. Plug another device such as a computer or xbox into the same router port using the same ethernet cord and see if you get a link light. If you get a link light with the computer or xbox and not with the Denon, then you know the problem is on the Denon side. You may have a defective Denon.

Let's suppose you did get a link light with the Denon. That is a good sign. We know we have a good physical connection and the problem is probably a setting on your router or on the Denon. The reason you might not be getting an IP address on your Denon is because DHCP might be disabled on your router.

Use a computer connected to your router by wire or wireless to browse to your router's configuration screen. You do this by typing your default gateway address into the address bar on your internet browser.

Just enter the ip address of your default gateway into your address bar and it should take you right in. FYI, this is the same screen that you set up your SSID and WPA2 password.

If you don't know your default gateway, just click start and type in the run/search box CMD and hit enter . This will bring up a command prompt. Then type ipconfig and hit enter. One of the lines that appears will say "default gateway". It should be someting like 192.168.1.1.

A login page should appear and you should login with your userID and password. If you never changed the login credentials, the userID will be admin and the password will be blank.

Click on the Setup tab and then on the left column, click Network Settings. Make sure the drop down list on the top of the Network Settings page says Automatic Configuration - DHCP. Look about halfway down the page and make sure the Enabled radio button is clicked in the DHCP server section.

If you had to make any changes, click the save button at the bottom of the screen. If the settings were already correct, then you know that DHCP was already enabled.

Once you have verified that DHCP is enabled, click the status tab on the upper right hand corner. Click the local network sub tab. Click the DHCP client table button. This will list all of the devices that your router has assigned IP addresses to. Click the refresh button to make sure this screen is up to date.

Look for your Denon receiver name and/or mac address. If it isn't showing up here, then you know that your router is not assigning an IP address to your receiver. Make sure that the receiver is set to receive its IP address via DHCP.

If the Denon is set up for DHCP and you still aren't getting an IP address automatically, you may need to assign a static IP address.

Click on the Setup tab then click on Network Setup on the left column. Click the DHCP Reservation button in the middle of the screen. Find the "Manually Adding Client" section. Type in your Denon "friendly name", type in an IP address of your choosing and then type in your Denon MAC address. FYI you will want to pick an IP address that is similar to the ones assigned to your other devices. For example, if your laptop is assigned 192.168.0.100 and your Xbox is assigned 192.168.0.101 then you may want to pick something like 192.168.0.109. Make sure NOT to pick an IP address that is already in use. These will be listed on the same page so it should be easy to not duplicate an IP address.

Click add, and then click save settings. Now set the Static IP address on your Denon. Use the ipconfig command in the command prompt like we did earlier to figure out what your subnet mask is. Set your default gateway to the default gateway listing in ipconfig.

Save the settings and cross your fingers.

If none of this works, then you might have a defective Denon. Especially if other devices connected to your router work fine.

I wish I had a working printer here at home so I can read all this without getting interrupted... I'll give it a go in a few...

Thank you very much for taking your time.

Happy fourth

Djoel
post #439 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Selecting "Audyssey flat" will give a small boost on the highs.

Perfect! Thanks. Audyssey has everything except an age adjustment.
post #440 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It looks like I'm not getting a light, when I switched the wires from one device to another

Crap...

DJoel
post #441 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I am a soon to be 3311 owner replacing my onkyo 605. I have no experience with dynamic eq and volume. I have been reading batpigs site along with other posts and im trying to come to a consensus regarding on or off for these settings. I live in a townhouse so i dont listen at reference level often at all which makes me think these settings would be beneficial to me, but can some experienced owners give me their opinion on these settings in regards to tv, bluray, music and video games? I appreciate all input
post #442 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:

It looks like I'm not getting a light, when I switched the wires from one device to another

Crap...

DJoel

You should be getting a link light from devices that were already connected to your router. Are you saying that you are not getting a link light from any device or just the Denon?

Make sure any device you are testing including the Denon are powered on. Some devices only send power to the ethernet port when powered on.

Good luck.
post #443 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

Crap...

DJoel

Quote:

You should be getting a link light from devices that were already connected to your router. Are you saying that you are not getting a link light from any device or just the Denon?

Make sure any device you are testing including the Denon are powered on. Some devices only send power to the ethernet port when powered on.

Good luck.

And just to be super clear the link light is the little green LED on the actual port where you plug in the Ethernet cable into the device, not one of the LEDs on the front of the router. If both devices (router and Denon) are powered on and you don't get a green link light that does = "Crap!" = equals bad cable (which sounds ruled out) or bad Ethernet port.

Drive by post

Long Live The Gorn!
post #444 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good luck.

When i changed the cables from the router, that particular light went off.
The denon says no connection found..But the Linksys says I h ave a new device, so I'm thinking there's nothing wrong with the router.

I called EE they said they'll send me a return UPS label, so I think I'm returning it..AS it should work properly out the gate.

DJoel
post #445 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Djoel, as someone who just went though this... From my windows 7 pc the device showed up immediately in the network browser and the web site http:// worked, but even the web site didn't show the network setup options for several minutes. Once you get the dhcp figured out, try accessing it from your pc first.
post #446 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And just to be super clear the link light is the little green LED on the actual port where you plug in the Ethernet cable into the device, not one of the LEDs on the front of the router. If both devices (router and Denon) are powered on and you don't get a green link light that does = "Crap!" = equals bad cable (which sounds ruled out) or bad Ethernet port.

Drive by post

I ca n see how all this i getting a bit uncleared But Yes the light on the Router goes of when I connect the wire from the port..whether it be from the Apple TV, or my Oppo, etc.

Also I disconnected everything from the AVR, and put it on top of my stand, inserted a wired Cat5, and it slightly moves more than I would like..Just like Extreme22 thought.
Thanks the high Gods, this thing is light, and not like my busted Yamaha Z11 which was also messed up, but that was one of the channels that didn't work.

Man I have some luck with these thing

Dan
post #447 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctlog View Post

Djoel, as someone who just went though this... From my windows 7 pc the device showed up immediately in the network browser and the web site http:// worked, but even the web site didn't show the network setup options for several minutes. Once you get the dhcp figured out, try accessing it from your pc first.

Well I did get the dhcp to turn to ON, then changed the cables on the router, form different ports and the light on the router didn't blinking any more.
Also straight from the Modem in to the denon, and no connection on the denon screen. I'm just going to return the Unit...I'll be travelling so, I wont be missing the AVR..By then I should have my Emo XPA-1 back from the shop You guys see a pattern here BAD LUCK WITH ELECTRONICS

Dan
post #448 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 01:39 PM
VGI
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Are any of you guys getting this -

About 1 in ten times during turn on , the 3311 and the 2311 will not grab the hdmi audio.. It says stereo and you get no sound.. You have to turn the receiver off and back on..

What a pain in the butt.. I have more than 6 of these i purchased for customers and we are all having the same problem. HDMi control is on its set to last pass through and tv speakers are on..

When you dont get receiver audio , it does pass the audio through the tv wonderfully enough but its a huge bug..

Spoke to Denon and they are struggling to find the bug..

Please let me know who has experienced this..

Thanks
Craig
post #449 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

I wish that was my problem, well maybe not..But seriously I'm not having that issue at all.And I haven't heard anyone else mentioned it either.

I'm going to reset the whole microprocessor to see what happens, well after I connect everything back..

Djoel
post #450 of 10557 Old 07-04-2010, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

BEHOLD What the power of the resetting can do, when everything look bleak I reset the microprocessing page 116 in the manual for any future ill fated, distraught inquirers! With the help of all you guys save me from further shipping, and worrying about the next unit being just as bad, or even with worst with unknown issues.

So it seems OK, I just plugged in my password Pandora and it went through..

Any other test, I should do?

Thx

DJoel
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Denon , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page