Originally Posted by stretch
That's exactly what I wanted to know. when the kids watch tv I don't want them using the AVR. That's a big plus for me now that I know.
FYI - the 3310 also has this feature, there is no difference between the xx10 and xx11 models in this respect.
My thoughts are I really like the USB ability with the iPhone instead of the dock that the 3310 needs. In addition the 3311 has the DSX, 3310 does not. Those two upgrades ups the price say an extra couple hundred bucks or so. Pandora radio, better video processing if I decide to use it. And 3D. Okay don't need 3d.
The 3311 doesn't have better video processing, the 3310 is essentially identical in this respect; the chip is different but they have the same basic performance.
I guess it's time to do this (Petrus, maybe put this in post #2):3311 vs 3310:what is new?
- HDMI 1.4a with support for 3D and ARC
- dual HDMI outputs
- Audyssey DSX built in (instead of having to pay for an upgrade)
- Audyssey MultEQ XT (instead of regular MultEQ) and Audyssey Pro capable
- Front USB port now supports direct iPod/iPhone connection
- New network features like Pandora, Flickr, Rhapsody, slightly better DLNA support
- i/p control interface for remote tech support
- Dual subwoofer outputs (mirror image, not independently filtered)
- New, improved one-sided remotewhat is gone?
- No more switched outlets on the rear
- Fewer legacy inputs:
... One fewer S/PDIF input (2 optical / 2 coax on new model instead of 2/3)
... One fewer Component Video input (2 instead of 3)
... Fewer s-video and composite video legacy inputs, one fewer analog audio input
... No more EXT IN multichannel analog inputs
other than that, they are virtually identical in most respects. let me know if I missed anything....