The **Official** Denon 3311CI/ 991 Owner's Thread NO PRICE TALK - Page 350 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10471 of 10482 Old 05-13-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 438
About time to send the 3311 BACK in for Service. No Video Output via HDMI.

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10472 of 10482 Old 05-15-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Took 2 days, but I got Denon to pay the shipping to & from...because it has been in for repair for another issue already, as has my 3312, which needs to go back, too.

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

post #10473 of 10482 Old 05-20-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Panurgy rec'd it this morning; let's see how long it takes...

I remind myself that this Denon, but not all, has a 3 year Warranty; not all brands have this 3 year Warranty.

Something to think about when buying a new AVR.

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

post #10474 of 10482 Old 05-29-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

On the way back, scheduled delivery tomorrow; no contact with Panurgy or Denon about repairs; hoping for the best.

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

post #10475 of 10482 Old 05-29-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

FedEx called to advise about delivery.

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

post #10476 of 10482 Old 06-08-2014, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally hooked up my 991 after about a year and a half in the box. Last thing was a replacement HDMI board because of a bad update. All works now except airplay. I will get to fixing that later in the week. I have an issue and am not sure if I am barking up the right tree.

When on the phono input, I have no video even though video is set to the TiVo input. I just see a Denon logo. I was hoping to say watch sports center while listening to Aja or something. Any way to fix such an issue.

Another thing. I am running a 3.0 setup due to my room. I seem to have to crank the volume up on phono. Can or should I mess with the input levels?

It's been a while since I've set this thing up. Sorry if I asked overly simple questions. Just trying to get a good setup for audio for both records and TV at the moment. When I can move I will be sure to get a more friendly room. smile.gif
post #10477 of 10482 Old 06-08-2014, 03:20 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
^^
1. To display video, the Tivo would have to be connected with component video cables.
2. Either that or simply raise the master volume.
SanchoPanza likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #10478 of 10482 Old 06-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Hi

So here's my story

Equipment- Server for movie's > Connected with Ethernet cable to living room switch > Switch connected to AVR3311,Xbox 360 ,Oppo BDP 93 .

Lets get started. The server runs Win7/WMC and nothing else, solely to serve movies to my various Xbox 360's. In the front room I have my AVR3311 with the Xbox 360 connected by hdmi and out to my Flat panel. I use a Harmony One remote which powers on all necessary devices. When the 360 starts it goes straight to WMC and starts my server . After watching a movie and shutting down the 360 the server shuts down 5mins later once it no longer detects any 360's running. Here is the weird part now, if I shut off the AVR ,360 and TV the AVR will restart, if I shut it off again it will restart again. Once the server has shut down the AVR powers off normally. I didn't figure this out right away . I noticed when my kid shut down for the night I would go out to the living room , say at 2:30am and the TV and XBOX would be off but the AVR and my amps would be on, I would shut them off and all was well and I figured it was just a kid thing. This has happened quite a few times , but last night I happened to go out right after he had shut down and the AVR was on , I shut it off and it restarted , this was the first time this had happened. After about 5 mins it shut down normally and I went back to bed. After thinking it through I realized what was going on but for the life of me I cant understand why my server causes the AVR to stay awake. So here I am looking for anyone who might have a bright idea . I put this all together myself, I build my own computers etc and I have a decent understanding of networking. All other inputs work as normal. If we watch a movie and then start watching the DVR everything shuts off normally, since by then the server is off. If this makes sense and you have more questions I answer as best I can. If no one replies I will understand since this is a strange behavior.

Richard
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #10479 of 10482 Old 06-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

One other detail, the AVR switches to net/usb when this happens as though it has found a music server .
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #10480 of 10482 Old 06-18-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socketman View Post
One other detail, the AVR switches to net/usb when this happens as though it has found a music server .
My Windows 7 PC also turns on my 3311CI every time it boots. My PC runs 24/7, so it's not an issue for me. I haven't looked into the cause of it. Have you tried turning Network Standby to OFF?
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #10481 of 10482 Old 06-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Interesting , at least someone else has the same issue. I have had the same setup for a long time , but I was using my main system to serve movies but when I was editing and using 100% of all 8 cores I couldn't do much else so I built a dedicated server which I will move out of my bedroom one day. I never had this problem with my main computers with either win8 or win7, this is something new. I still have media sharing on my main computer and it doesn't seem to have any effect. My kids mostly use my main movie setup since I have a setup in my bedroom so I like the receiver to have network access so I can control the volume when they get carried away late at night. I am going to see what is going on with the receiver as far as network access this weekend. The server is bare except for Win7 , MediaBrowser and WMC.

Richard
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #10482 of 10482 Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

FWIW I have figured this out for the most part. Since I don't stream audio from my computer here is what worked. In Win7, I opened the start menu > network > right click the icon for denon receiver and selected install. I then right clicked the denon icon again and chose from the list "do not allow streaming". This stopped my server from turning on my receiver, I am still able to use the net radio and access it from my computer and smart phone. In Win8 you have to open the network and sharing control panel to block the receiver. Hope this helps someone else.

Richard
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Denon , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page