The **Official** Denon 3311CI/ 991 Owner's Thread NO PRICE TALK - Page 353 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #10561 of 10577 Old 12-27-2014, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 3311 suddenly has the red ring problem(over current)??. I have tried system and network resets. Checked all my speaker and HDMI connections, and everything seems good?
Strange thing is if I leave it unplugged for a day or so.. it will work fine for about a week, and then fail on power up?.
I can't see it being a heat issue?? it is not covered and the top is always cool? I even took canned air and gave it a good once over to make sure it wasn't dust?.

Any help would be appreciated.. it's starting to get on my nerves..

Peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10562 of 10577 Old 12-28-2014, 05:55 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2699 Post(s)
Liked: 1910
^^
If it's a fast blinking light (ie. 2x/sec) then more than likely amp failure if nothing is connected when it powers off. The 3311CI comes with a 3 year warranty, which although has likely expired, if purchased with a credit card, the card issuer may add an additional 4th year.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Call me --> 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor and dealer for AVRs and Speakers 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for info on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #10563 of 10577 Old 01-04-2015, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

I have a 3311 for a year now without any issues so far, but that changed during christmas holiday.

One of the most used function for me is Denon Internet Radio - but suddenly, all internet audio stopped working. I get only "Server Disconnected" message every time I go through my saved list. Also Denon Internet Radio (vTuner) is not longer present in my NET AUDIO/USB, everything (like favourites, library ..) is gone and search by keyword only returns "empty".

I did not change anything on my network infrastructure. I am using TP-Link router connected to optical modem.

All other net functions like FLAC streaming, DLNA push, playing from NAS works without any issue.

I would be helpful if you guys have any suggestion what to check.

Thanks
Tomas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	denon.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	458538  
post #10564 of 10577 Old 01-04-2015, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRingo View Post
Hi All,

I have a 3311 for a year now without any issues so far, but that changed during christmas holiday.

One of the most used function for me is Denon Internet Radio - but suddenly, all internet audio stopped working. I get only "Server Disconnected" message every time I go through my saved list. Also Denon Internet Radio (vTuner) is not longer present in my NET AUDIO/USB, everything (like favourites, library ..) is gone and search by keyword only returns "empty".

I did not change anything on my network infrastructure. I am using TP-Link router connected to optical modem.

All other net functions like FLAC streaming, DLNA push, playing from NAS works without any issue.

I would be helpful if you guys have any suggestion what to check.

Thanks
Tomas
I saw this issue occasionally on my 3311; I attributed it to the type of glitch that can arise on any computer system, especially when two or more programs need to interoperate.

Did you check the status of your vTuner account tied to the AVR? If not, in the web controller click on the "Jump to vTuner" link as shown on the Net Audio screen shot you posted (or go to this web page), log in to your account, and verify that your favorites are still saved there. Also, verify that it is still linked to the correct ID (MAC address) of your 3311.

If the vTuner account is in order, try a soft reset of the 3311 (disconnect power cord for at least 10 minutes). That usually did the trick for me, but if you still have the problem, try reestablishing a network connection (set IP control to off, turn off power, then turn power on again and select a network source).
GoRingo likes this.

Last edited by chi_guy50; 01-04-2015 at 08:33 AM. Reason: typo
post #10565 of 10577 Old 01-04-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
I saw this issue occasionally on my 3311; ....
Yes I did check the vTuner, all fine.

I tried to do soft reset, not helped.

Now I changed the connection of the Denon from router directly to modem - Internet Radio went back! But I soon as I plug Denon to router, all gone again. So I guess there is something with the router settings. Is there any specific port need to be open for streaming?
post #10566 of 10577 Old 01-04-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
I saw this issue occasionally on my 3311; ...

If the vTuner account is in order, try a soft reset of the 3311 (disconnect power cord for at least 10 minutes). That usually did the trick for me, but if you still have the problem, try reestablishing a network connection (set IP control to off, turn off power, then turn power on again and select a network source).
Finally a fix for me was what you suggested: disable and enable DHCP, re-establish connection. Addition to that (and I think that was the root cause) I found some restriction setting applied in the Router settings. This restriction was valid for the IP used before by other device, but as DHCP assign the same address to the Denon --> problem.

Anyway thank you for your help - pointed me to the right direction.

Tomas
post #10567 of 10577 Old 01-04-2015, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Finally a fix for me was what you suggested: disable and enable DHCP, re-establish connection. Addition to that (and I think that was the root cause) I found some restriction setting applied in the Router settings. This restriction was valid for the IP used before by other device, but as DHCP assign the same address to the Denon --> problem.

Anyway thank you for your help - pointed me to the right direction.

Tomas
I'm glad you were able to resolve your problem. The router settings would have been the next item on the troubleshooting checklist, but it's best to start with the simple stuff first and move up the ladder to the more complex. (Plus, I'm not familiar with your particular router so I'm not sure how much help I could have been there.)
post #10568 of 10577 Old 01-05-2015, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Recommend just using a static addr for the Denon. Don't see any benefit to using DHCP.

scott s.
post #10569 of 10577 Old 01-24-2015, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
3311 and new Samsung tv

Hi all. I have a weird issue with the AVR. It seems to do everything fine except display menu or tuner details on the TV. I also can't get the audio to come throught the HDMI cable (v2 & 1.4). Hdmi cable is connected via the ARC points. I am wondering if ARC needs to be configured via the menu that I cant get too.... I have done the reset once already.

Thoughts?
post #10570 of 10577 Old 01-24-2015, 05:09 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Did the GUI menu just stop displaying or is this a new unit for you and you're using it for the first time? Ensure the AVR has the Video Convert setting enabled. Also the Samsung must have Anynet+ enabled and audio set to "External speakers" and the AVR must have HDMI Control set to ON. Note you can also access the GUI via a Web browser by entering the unit's IP address (if connected to modem/router).

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Call me --> 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor and dealer for AVRs and Speakers 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for info on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #10571 of 10577 Old 01-26-2015, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not sure if this helps.. but I was always very confused why sometimes the OSD would appear, and other times it wouldn't. If I hit the amp button on the remote, that enables the OSD to appear, for me.

Question of my own, DD+ sounds absolutely horrible with Netflix. Apparently this was a known bug, fixed by firmware updates. Do we have a firmware update for our model? Seems I can't check without my serial number. Or is there another workaround?
post #10572 of 10577 Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 PM
585-645-1006

^^
To date firmware updates have only made it down to the XX12 models and the former flagship 4311CI. The work around is setting Netflix to Stereo.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #10573 of 10577 Old 01-26-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
To date firmware updates have only made it down to the XX12 models and the former flagship 4311CI. The work around is setting Netflix to Stereo.
So I can't play netflix in surround sound...
post #10574 of 10577 Old 01-26-2015, 07:21 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Not from your current source apparently if you hear distortion, although issue doesn't occur from all Netflix sources (eg. not from some BDPs). You can also use DD PLII to simulate 5.1 from the stereo 2.0 audio.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #10575 of 10577 Old 01-27-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
^^
Not from your current source apparently if you hear distortion, although issue doesn't occur from all Netflix sources (eg. not from some BDPs). You can also use DD PLII to simulate 5.1 from the stereo 2.0 audio.
That's pretty ridiculous that an AVR of this price can't play DD+ and they won't even offer an update for it. Now I'm wondering if I need to get rid of it. Netflix is my only source for content.
post #10576 of 10577 Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Your model is now almost 5 years old. Netflix just changed their DD+ encoder about a year ago which has resulted in this issue.

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
post #10577 of 10577 Unread Today, 07:58 AM

Quote:
^^
Your model is now almost 5 years old. Netflix just changed their DD+ encoder about a year ago which has resulted in this issue.
That's pretty rough. So there's really nothing I can do other than just use Pro Logic? Literally my main caveat to buying this receiver was that it HAD to have DD+ for Netflix. How ironic.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Denon , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread - 3311ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page