The **Official** Denon 3311CI/ 991 Owner's Thread NO PRICE TALK - Page 353 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #10561 of 10585 Old 12-27-2014, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 3311 suddenly has the red ring problem(over current)??. I have tried system and network resets. Checked all my speaker and HDMI connections, and everything seems good?
Strange thing is if I leave it unplugged for a day or so.. it will work fine for about a week, and then fail on power up?.
I can't see it being a heat issue?? it is not covered and the top is always cool? I even took canned air and gave it a good once over to make sure it wasn't dust?.

Any help would be appreciated.. it's starting to get on my nerves..

Peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10562 of 10585 Old 12-28-2014, 05:55 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2971 Post(s)
Liked: 1979
^^
If it's a fast blinking light (ie. 2x/sec) then more than likely amp failure if nothing is connected when it powers off. The 3311CI comes with a 3 year warranty, which although has likely expired, if purchased with a credit card, the card issuer may add an additional 4th year.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #10563 of 10585 Old 01-04-2015, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

I have a 3311 for a year now without any issues so far, but that changed during christmas holiday.

One of the most used function for me is Denon Internet Radio - but suddenly, all internet audio stopped working. I get only "Server Disconnected" message every time I go through my saved list. Also Denon Internet Radio (vTuner) is not longer present in my NET AUDIO/USB, everything (like favourites, library ..) is gone and search by keyword only returns "empty".

I did not change anything on my network infrastructure. I am using TP-Link router connected to optical modem.

All other net functions like FLAC streaming, DLNA push, playing from NAS works without any issue.

I would be helpful if you guys have any suggestion what to check.

Thanks
Tomas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	denon.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	458538  
post #10564 of 10585 Old 01-04-2015, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRingo View Post
Hi All,

I have a 3311 for a year now without any issues so far, but that changed during christmas holiday.

One of the most used function for me is Denon Internet Radio - but suddenly, all internet audio stopped working. I get only "Server Disconnected" message every time I go through my saved list. Also Denon Internet Radio (vTuner) is not longer present in my NET AUDIO/USB, everything (like favourites, library ..) is gone and search by keyword only returns "empty".

I did not change anything on my network infrastructure. I am using TP-Link router connected to optical modem.

All other net functions like FLAC streaming, DLNA push, playing from NAS works without any issue.

I would be helpful if you guys have any suggestion what to check.

Thanks
Tomas
I saw this issue occasionally on my 3311; I attributed it to the type of glitch that can arise on any computer system, especially when two or more programs need to interoperate.

Did you check the status of your vTuner account tied to the AVR? If not, in the web controller click on the "Jump to vTuner" link as shown on the Net Audio screen shot you posted (or go to this web page), log in to your account, and verify that your favorites are still saved there. Also, verify that it is still linked to the correct ID (MAC address) of your 3311.

If the vTuner account is in order, try a soft reset of the 3311 (disconnect power cord for at least 10 minutes). That usually did the trick for me, but if you still have the problem, try reestablishing a network connection (set IP control to off, turn off power, then turn power on again and select a network source).
GoRingo likes this.

Last edited by chi_guy50; 01-04-2015 at 08:33 AM. Reason: typo
post #10565 of 10585 Old 01-04-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
I saw this issue occasionally on my 3311; ....
Yes I did check the vTuner, all fine.

I tried to do soft reset, not helped.

Now I changed the connection of the Denon from router directly to modem - Internet Radio went back! But I soon as I plug Denon to router, all gone again. So I guess there is something with the router settings. Is there any specific port need to be open for streaming?
post #10566 of 10585 Old 01-04-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I saw this issue occasionally on my 3311; ...

If the vTuner account is in order, try a soft reset of the 3311 (disconnect power cord for at least 10 minutes). That usually did the trick for me, but if you still have the problem, try reestablishing a network connection (set IP control to off, turn off power, then turn power on again and select a network source).
Finally a fix for me was what you suggested: disable and enable DHCP, re-establish connection. Addition to that (and I think that was the root cause) I found some restriction setting applied in the Router settings. This restriction was valid for the IP used before by other device, but as DHCP assign the same address to the Denon --> problem.

Anyway thank you for your help - pointed me to the right direction.

Tomas
post #10567 of 10585 Old 01-04-2015, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Finally a fix for me was what you suggested: disable and enable DHCP, re-establish connection. Addition to that (and I think that was the root cause) I found some restriction setting applied in the Router settings. This restriction was valid for the IP used before by other device, but as DHCP assign the same address to the Denon --> problem.

Anyway thank you for your help - pointed me to the right direction.

Tomas
I'm glad you were able to resolve your problem. The router settings would have been the next item on the troubleshooting checklist, but it's best to start with the simple stuff first and move up the ladder to the more complex. (Plus, I'm not familiar with your particular router so I'm not sure how much help I could have been there.)
post #10568 of 10585 Old 01-05-2015, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Recommend just using a static addr for the Denon. Don't see any benefit to using DHCP.

scott s.
post #10569 of 10585 Old 01-24-2015, 05:04 AM

3311 and new Samsung tv

Hi all. I have a weird issue with the AVR. It seems to do everything fine except display menu or tuner details on the TV. I also can't get the audio to come throught the HDMI cable (v2 & 1.4). Hdmi cable is connected via the ARC points. I am wondering if ARC needs to be configured via the menu that I cant get too.... I have done the reset once already.

Thoughts?
post #10570 of 10585 Old 01-24-2015, 05:09 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Did the GUI menu just stop displaying or is this a new unit for you and you're using it for the first time? Ensure the AVR has the Video Convert setting enabled. Also the Samsung must have Anynet+ enabled and audio set to "External speakers" and the AVR must have HDMI Control set to ON. Note you can also access the GUI via a Web browser by entering the unit's IP address (if connected to modem/router).

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #10571 of 10585 Old 01-26-2015, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Not sure if this helps.. but I was always very confused why sometimes the OSD would appear, and other times it wouldn't. If I hit the amp button on the remote, that enables the OSD to appear, for me.

Question of my own, DD+ sounds absolutely horrible with Netflix. Apparently this was a known bug, fixed by firmware updates. Do we have a firmware update for our model? Seems I can't check without my serial number. Or is there another workaround?
TheRealDeal1 likes this.
post #10572 of 10585 Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 PM
585-645-1006

^^
To date firmware updates have only made it down to the XX12 models and the former flagship 4311CI. The work around is setting Netflix to Stereo.
TheRealDeal1 likes this.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #10573 of 10585 Old 01-26-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
To date firmware updates have only made it down to the XX12 models and the former flagship 4311CI. The work around is setting Netflix to Stereo.
So I can't play netflix in surround sound...
post #10574 of 10585 Old 01-26-2015, 07:21 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Not from your current source apparently if you hear distortion, although issue doesn't occur from all Netflix sources (eg. not from some BDPs). You can also use DD PLII to simulate 5.1 from the stereo 2.0 audio.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #10575 of 10585 Old 01-27-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
^^
Not from your current source apparently if you hear distortion, although issue doesn't occur from all Netflix sources (eg. not from some BDPs). You can also use DD PLII to simulate 5.1 from the stereo 2.0 audio.
That's pretty ridiculous that an AVR of this price can't play DD+ and they won't even offer an update for it. Now I'm wondering if I need to get rid of it. Netflix is my only source for content.
post #10576 of 10585 Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Your model is now almost 5 years old. Netflix just changed their DD+ encoder about a year ago which has resulted in this issue.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #10577 of 10585 Old 01-29-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
^^
Your model is now almost 5 years old. Netflix just changed their DD+ encoder about a year ago which has resulted in this issue.
That's pretty rough. So there's really nothing I can do other than just use Pro Logic? Literally my main caveat to buying this receiver was that it HAD to have DD+ for Netflix. How ironic.
post #10578 of 10585 Old 01-31-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
^^
Did the GUI menu just stop displaying or is this a new unit for you and you're using it for the first time? Ensure the AVR has the Video Convert setting enabled. Also the Samsung must have Anynet+ enabled and audio set to "External speakers" and the AVR must have HDMI Control set to ON. Note you can also access the GUI via a Web browser by entering the unit's IP address (if connected to modem/router).
Thanks for the advice. I didn't get gui back but am making do with web configuration. Any net is nice.
post #10579 of 10585 Old 02-04-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that you haven't been able to confirm whether your 3311 can establish a connection to your network? If so, then you can try playing a network audio source, such as internet radio (see p. 34 in your user's manual). Or you can try out the web control function (p. 59). Are they working?

If your sole concern is the FW status, what version are you currently running? Have you read the instructions and notes concerning updates on p. 89?
Still no luck on the network connecting. Tried a new router as well. Manually setting IP, my router shows the unit as a connected device 'Unknown', but it does appear nonetheless. Trying to update the firmware still says failed, and turning on network standby and then typing in the IP address can not connect to the receiver. I guess I don't quite understand why it pushes info to the router but seems like it has no connectivity.
post #10580 of 10585 Old 02-05-2015, 05:30 AM
585-645-1006

"Connection failed. Check the device": This error occurs with the networking models when the AVR is unable to connect to the home internet router/modem. Place the AVR in Standby and unplug for a few minutes. Reset the router or connect directly to the router if connecting wirelessly. You also may want to consider replacing the router if it is more than several years old with one that is capable of handling higher bandwidth. If you are using an Apple device, make sure that "Home Sharing" is turned ON (as it may have been turned OFF by updating the firmware/iOS). If you use a NETGEAR router, try disabling the UPnP mode. If the SSID of your router contains a "space", rename the router without the space.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #10581 of 10585 Old 02-05-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
"Connection failed. Check the device": This error occurs with the networking models when the AVR is unable to connect to the home internet router/modem. Place the AVR in Standby and unplug for a few minutes. Reset the router or connect directly to the router if connecting wirelessly. You also may want to consider replacing the router if it is more than several years old with one that is capable of handling higher bandwidth. If you are using an Apple device, make sure that "Home Sharing" is turned ON (as it may have been turned OFF by updating the firmware/iOS). If you use a NETGEAR router, try disabling the UPnP mode. If the SSID of your router contains a "space", rename the router without the space.
Hm :/ No luck still. I've already done all that, reset the unit, the router, new router. Not using apple. No space in SSID. No netgear router. Is this the standard response that I should expect with a unit with a faulty network card?
post #10582 of 10585 Old 02-05-2015, 06:45 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Yes.

------------------

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
post #10583 of 10585 Old 02-16-2015, 03:10 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgibsong002 View Post
Hm :/ No luck still. I've already done all that, reset the unit, the router, new router. Not using apple. No space in SSID. No netgear router. Is this the standard response that I should expect with a unit with a faulty network card?
Try plugging the receiver right into your modem. This would be the cable that your router plugs into to get internet access. Make sure to set the receive back to DHCP ON so it will grab an IP address from the modem.

My 3311 would update flawlessly until one day it would fail right in the middle of updating. I was able to perform a microprocessor reset to get it working again but from then on it always had that issue. Then one day it turned out I needed the latest update for a new feature so, having the same issue, I sent the 3311 into an authorized dealer for warranty repair (issue being listed as "cannot update firmware"). It turns out they could not do it and also found the HDMI board was defective. Denon opted to send me a refurbished unit, instead of, replacing the HDMI board. The unit functioned better than my original. I would always see sprites here or there when displaying 1080p. I mean it wasn't a showstopper but very annoying. The replacement unit didn't have this issue and I was able to import all config settings because Denon allows you to save your config to file from the web interface.

My 3311 still would not work with chromecast, where as, the 4308 works just fine. Anyone experience no video/audio with chromecast? I just chalked it up to a handshaking issue. It would not work on any of the HDMI ports including the front.

Last edited by TheRealDeal1; 02-16-2015 at 03:20 PM.
post #10584 of 10585 Old Today, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Should I Buy or Pass on Denon AVR-3311CI?

I have an opportunity to buy the Denon AVR-3311CI from someone I trust. The firmware has been updated and has not had any HDMI or network issues (yet). I have read a lot however about HDMI/network issues from other owners.

Thanks,

Mike
post #10585 of 10585 Old Today, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprice33 View Post
Should I Buy or Pass on Denon AVR-3311CI?

I have an opportunity to buy the Denon AVR-3311CI from someone I trust. The firmware has been updated and has not had any HDMI or network issues (yet). I have read a lot however about HDMI/network issues from other owners.

Thanks,

Mike
There have been relatively few issues with this model. Besides, I know the guy you're buying from and he's very reliable and a contributor to this forum. (Hint: I've known him from birth.)
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Denon , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread - 3311ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page