post #3481 of 3965 Old 04-17-2012, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmyk1 View Post

I have a yamaha HTR 6063. (RX-V667). I am running a 6.2 setup, I just added the 2nd subwoofer, a Polk audio PSW 111. the first sub is a velodyne CT100. I ran the YPAO setup and it only shows 1 sub on the display, so there is only a single x-over and level control. with this AVR is there any way to control these subs seperatly.

No, the two sub outputs are both the same (as if you used an external Y splitter on a single output).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 3965 Old 04-17-2012, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
do you know if there are any other Yamaha receivers that would have that ability.
post #3483 of 3965 Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:

so there is only a single x-over and level control. with this AVR is there any way to control these subs separately.

That is correct, a single line out for subs. If you want individual controls for 2 subs you'd need to go a lot further up the Yamaha food chain.
post #3484 of 3965 Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

That is correct, a single line out for subs. If you want individual controls for 2 subs you'd need to go a lot further up the Yamaha food chain.

I have adjusted the x-over, volume and distance + moved one to the apposing side of the room instead of both in the front and its sounds allot better. no need to move up the food chain after all.
post #3485 of 3965 Old 04-19-2012, 04:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guys please help
I have 667 more than a year now, I inserted the plug in 220v while the AVR voltage switch was on 110v...(by mistake I forgot to switch to 220)
tried to switch on but it stayed in sleep (standby)
once I realized my mistake I cut off power, checked the protective fuse and it was fine, so I switched the voltage to 220, re-inserted the plug and tried to switch it on but nothing happened, it stays in sleep mode,
so I tried going into self diag so pressed Main zone + tune control+ info and this fixed it, and I could switch it on and it functions normally EXCEPT for the front panel display,
nothing at all is visible (like it is still in standby mode) completely blank despite that the unit is working fine with OSD visible on the TV and sounds in speakers.
did I fry the front panel display? or there are some steps I can do to re-enable the display?
post #3486 of 3965 Old 04-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalsalem View Post

Guys please help
I have 667 more than a year now, I inserted the plug in 220v while the AVR voltage switch was on 110v...(by mistake I forgot to switch to 220)
tried to switch on but it stayed in sleep (standby)
once I realized my mistake I cut off power, checked the protective fuse and it was fine, so I switched the voltage to 220, re-inserted the plug and tried to switch it on but nothing happened, it stays in sleep mode,
so I tried going into self diag so pressed Main zone + tune control+ info and this fixed it, and I could switch it on and it functions normally EXCEPT for the front panel display,
nothing at all is visible (like it is still in standby mode) completely blank despite that the unit is working fine with OSD visible on the TV and sounds in speakers.
did I fry the front panel display? or there are some steps I can do to re-enable the display?

You have 4 choices;
1.Have it serviced(you don't know what happened-turned it on and no display!).
2.Have it serviced and pay for it.
3.Live with it and just use the on screen display.
4.Replace it.

good luck!
post #3487 of 3965 Old 04-20-2012, 01:38 PM

I have a HTR-6063 which I believe is the same as the 667? There are 5 devices connect to it via HDMI:
- HDMI 1: Shaw Gateway Portal (cable TV receiver)
- HDMI 2: Xbox 360
- HDMI 3: Apple TV 2
- HDMI 4: NetGear NeoTV 550
- HDMI 5: Pace Tahoe 775D (cable TV receiver)

The receiver is connected to a Sony rear project TV via HDMI. The TV is an older model so it only capable of up to 1080i. All have been working fine until about a month ago. Suddenly, two of the devices, the Shaw Gateway Portal (TV receiver) and the Apple TV 2 lost the video. Sound still comes through no problem.

Here is what I've done so far:

1. plug the two devices directly to the TV (one at a time, of course), both have sound and video.
2. swapped HDMI cables with the other working devices
3. Swap ports to other HDMI input, for example Apple TV2 now goes to HDMI 2, 3 or 5.
4. Unplug power of all devices and power back on
5. verified that the receiver detects the TV is not capable of 1080p, from the Information screen
6. Forced the Portal to output only 480i, SDTV

Same results. Sound without video, I even reset the video and receiver to factory default following the troubleshooting guide of the manual.

When I restart the two devices, I can actually see the boot up sequence of each (the Apple Logo for the Apple TV and the Arris logo for the Portal). It is only after they finish booting that the screen went blank.

I doubt it if the HDCP is messed up because step 6 above and because the other three devices still work. Is that a good assumption? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
post #3488 of 3965 Old 04-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

I have a yamaha HTR 6063. (RX-V667). I am running a 6.2 setup, I just added the 2nd subwoofer, a Polk audio PSW 111. the first sub is a velodyne CT100. I ran the YPAO setup and it only shows 1 sub on the display, so there is only a single x-over and level control. with this AVR is there any way to control these subs seperatly.

I'm not aware of any using the RX-V667 but perhaps you can get there by using the controls on the back of each Sub?

Pure speculating, perhapst run YPAO on each sub separately, or failing that by using a Sound Pressure Meter.
post #3489 of 3965 Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 AM

Does anyone know where one can get an owner/service manual for a A700????
post #3490 of 3965 Old 04-23-2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amptronaudiohead View Post

Does anyone know where one can get an owner/service manual for a A700????

Yamaha site and download the pdf

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Fluance AVBP2 Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
post #3491 of 3965 Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 PM

sofast1, thanks, at least you cared to reply, currently I am living with it, working with no issues, but I will get it serviced so that I may upgrade the firmware later.
post #3492 of 3965 Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalsalem View Post

sofast1, thanks, at least you cared to reply, currently I am living with it, working with no issues, but I will get it serviced so that I may upgrade the firmware later.

If your firmware is version 2.05 or higher,there will not be a need to upgrade it. I keep the display dimmed as much as possible anyway,just enjoy it!
post #3493 of 3965 Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 AM

Anyone owns the 771?
post #3494 of 3965 Old 04-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galkno3 View Post

Anyone owns the 771?

Try here; http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1327107
post #3495 of 3965 Old 05-06-2012, 05:42 PM

Wow! I'm overwhelmed with the thread on this receiver. I did a search looking for universal remote codes for this receiver, and I find 117 pages of information.
Even searching the thread, I'm not seeing where anyone has posted a specific code. I've got Charter cable with their UR4U-MDVR-CHD2 remote. I tried all of their codes and even worked with their chat online to see if they had some new ones. They don't. Two of their codes, 205 and 089 will turn the 667 off, but neither one will turn it on.
So my question, does anyone have a 3 digit code that has worked with any universal remote? Thanks for any help you can offer. Jim.

Coolmeadow Irish Setters and Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas. When Irish eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!

At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

post #3496 of 3965 Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmeadow Kid View Post

Wow! I'm overwhelmed with the thread on this receiver. I did a search looking for universal remote codes for this receiver, and I find 117 pages of information.
Even searching the thread, I'm not seeing where anyone has posted a specific code. I've got Charter cable with their UR4U-MDVR-CHD2 remote. I tried all of their codes and even worked with their chat online to see if they had some new ones. They don't. Two of their codes, 205 and 089 will turn the 667 off, but neither one will turn it on.
So my question, does anyone have a 3 digit code that has worked with any universal remote? Thanks for any help you can offer. Jim.

Try using your remotes auto search method;
http://www.universalremote.com/resou...ter_remote.htm

or by a Harmony!

I took the red pill.
(and got screwed by Toshiba)
post #3497 of 3965 Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe01880 View Post

or by a Harmony!

+1,love my Harmony 700. Harmony remotes start around $30!
post #3498 of 3965 Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM

I tried the auto search without any luck. Same issue, turn off but not on. It will be a couple weeks before I can get a Harmony. But I have the 650 in my Wish List already. Just thought someone might have found one that would work the Charter remote in the meantime. Thanks! Jim.

Coolmeadow Irish Setters and Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas. When Irish eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!

At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

post #3499 of 3965 Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave35 View Post

I have a HTR-6063 which I believe is the same as the 667? There are 5 devices connect to it via HDMI:
- HDMI 1: Shaw Gateway Portal (cable TV receiver)
- HDMI 2: Xbox 360
- HDMI 3: Apple TV 2
- HDMI 4: NetGear NeoTV 550
- HDMI 5: Pace Tahoe 775D (cable TV receiver)

The receiver is connected to a Sony rear project TV via HDMI. The TV is an older model so it only capable of up to 1080i. All have been working fine until about a month ago. Suddenly, two of the devices, the Shaw Gateway Portal (TV receiver) and the Apple TV 2 lost the video. Sound still comes through no problem.

Here is what I've done so far:

1. plug the two devices directly to the TV (one at a time, of course), both have sound and video.
2. swapped HDMI cables with the other working devices
3. Swap ports to other HDMI input, for example Apple TV2 now goes to HDMI 2, 3 or 5.
4. Unplug power of all devices and power back on
5. verified that the receiver detects the TV is not capable of 1080p, from the Information screen
6. Forced the Portal to output only 480i, SDTV

Same results. Sound without video, I even reset the video and receiver to factory default following the troubleshooting guide of the manual.

When I restart the two devices, I can actually see the boot up sequence of each (the Apple Logo for the Apple TV and the Arris logo for the Portal). It is only after they finish booting that the screen went blank.

I doubt it if the HDCP is messed up because step 6 above and because the other three devices still work. Is that a good assumption? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello Cave, did you solve your problem ?
I have some similar issue with some of my sources (PS3, TV HD decoder, WD TV Live and a computer). For some of these sources the image is not showed on the LG (HDMI OUT 1) or on the projector (HDMI OUT 2).
post #3500 of 3965 Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB69396 View Post

I just purchased an RX-V667 to run with my Denon 3805 receiver as the external amp. All I want to do is upgrade to HDMI for my cables from my Dish, PS3, and Xbox.

The RX-V667 will not output HDMI from my ps3. I can connect from my ps3 to my projector fine, but when I try and use the receiver it pulls up the Yamaha OSD and blinks the HDMI light on the front panel. No display at all on my projector. I have tried multiple HDMI cables of different brands, even exchanged the receiver for a new one and am having no luck.

Even when not using HDMI, the receiver has trouble outputting the video to a regular tv or the projector using Component or Composite. It just goes blank and I have to turn the receiver off and back on.

The projector is an Infocus IN72. I have not tried the XBox yet because I wanted one to work before doing the other.

I know my stuff and I am having probelms.

same kind of problem for me...
No solution at the moment.
post #3501 of 3965 Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 AM

Sorry to Bump this post again, I'll try to explain my problem with my RXV 767 :

ins

HDMI 1 - PS3
HDMI 2 - TV HD Decoder
HDMI 3 - WD Tv Live player
HDMI 4 - Computer

outs

HDMI OUT 1 - LG Plasma TV 60PZ550
HDMI OUT 2 - Hitachi TX200 projector

The only source working on both screens (LG and Projector) is the WD HD Tv live. The PS3 and the TV Decoder only work on LG TV, the computer is only working on Projector...

Weird observations

- For the PS3 : If both LG and Projector are ON, and the Yamaha is set on HDMI 1+2 , no pictures on both unit. I need to set the Yam on HDMI 1 only to have a picture on the LG. Same thing with the Computer, if Yam is set on HDMI 1+2 , no picture on the projector, I need to set the Yam on HDMI 2 only.

- with the TV HD Decoder : Yam set to HDMI 1+2 , I have a picture on both screens for about 5 seconds, then no more picture on the Projector, the LG shows the picture but seems to "flick" every 5 secs, then after about one minutes, no more picture at all (I need to set the Yam on HDMI 1 only to get the picture back)

- everything works fine with the WD TV Live

- When I did installed Windows 7 on my computer, I had the picture on my LG TV. As soon as all the drivers where installed and the PC rebooted, no more pictures on my LG.

I really tried everything I could, change cables, change Yam settings, resolutions, last firmware 2.11,... but nothing is solving the issue.

If someone is having any idea that could help me it will be so much appreciated, I'm stuck with this since a while now I cannot understand the problem is from tyhe unit (since it's working with the WD HD Live for exemple...)

Thanks !
Gauth
post #3502 of 3965 Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
My charter remote turns my RX-v671 on and off the only glitch is that it comes on as soon as you hit aux not when you hit power. I have the 667 also when I used the receiver my remote worked it also. Can you take a picture of your remote I may be able to help you out. What brand of cable box do you have?
post #3503 of 3965 Old 05-25-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewmacfadyen View Post

Thanks for the zone 2 details Elton. I was just hesitating on purchasing Sirius for the receiver as i was worried it would not work in Zone 2 (where the wife wants it).

NET: To control Zone 2
Locate the Zone 2 switch located in the upper left corner of the receivers remote. Set the switch to the Zone 2 position. Then... providing you have completed the Manual Speaker setup, and have your Zone 2 speakers connected to the ZONE2/PRESENCE speaker connectors on the receiver... using the remote you should be able to:
> Select the input source for Zone 2
> Tuning of AM or FM (when TUNER is selected as input of Zone 2)
> Tuning of SIRUS Radio (when SIRUS is selected as input of Zone 2)[/i]
> Selecting the iPhone YDS-11/12 Dock for play in Zone 2
> Selecting Net Radio (on network capable receivers)
> Adjusting Volume of whatever Zone 2 input device you have selected

For anyone else searching for yamaha 667 zone 2 problem - The 2 key buttons on the remote are the ones in the upper left corner and upper right corner. The upper left toggles between zone 1 and zone2. The one in the upper right turns the zone you have selected on and off. Once zone 2 is on, you can flip the switch in the upper left back to zone 1 and then turn zone 1 off using the button on the upper right.
post #3504 of 3965 Old 05-27-2012, 06:24 AM

I recently purchased a RX-V667 to replace my beloved RX-V1200. HDMI switching was one of my reasons along with other upgrades. However, one thing I miss is the switched AC outlet for my Carver external amp. Does anyone know if there is a device that will facilitate turning on my external amp automatically when the 667 is powered on?

post #3505 of 3965 Old 05-27-2012, 06:41 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorrowtoday View Post

I recently purchased a RX-V667 to replace my beloved RX-V1200. HDMI switching was one of my reasons along with other upgrades. However, one thing I miss is the switched AC outlet for my Carver external amp. Does anyone know if there is a device that will facilitate turning on my external amp automatically when the 667 is powered on?

Does your carver have a 12v jack input? (12v trigger)

James Bond: I think I'll call it a Vesper.
Vesper Lynd: Because of the bitter aftertaste?
James Bond: No, because once you've tasted it, that's all you want to drink.

- CASINO ROYALE
post #3506 of 3965 Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
so I've upgraded to the newest firmware 2.11 but I still can't use my Acer H5360 correctly. 120hz at 720p does not seem to pass through. 60hz is fine. I have been running two hdmi out with one going to H5360 and the other to the receiver but that keeps me from seeing a lot of the features on the receiver and I have to mess with dual display stuff. Anyone been able to pass through 120hz on this device? I'm going to see if this: http://grazz.com/2010/09/25/3d-visio...r-av-receiver/ helps at all
post #3507 of 3965 Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoper View Post

so I've upgraded to the newest firmware 2.11 but I still can't use my Acer H5360 correctly. 120hz at 720p does not seem to pass through. 60hz is fine. I have been running two hdmi out with one going to H5360 and the other to the receiver but that keeps me from seeing a lot of the features on the receiver and I have to mess with dual display stuff. Anyone been able to pass through 120hz on this device? I'm going to see if this: http://grazz.com/2010/09/25/3d-visio...r-av-receiver/ helps at all

so what does that have to do with the Yamaha RX-V667 again??

I took the red pill.
(and got screwed by Toshiba)
post #3508 of 3965 Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjayik View Post

Yamaha site and download the pdf

owner's manual is freely available on their website

service manual on CD is available for $15 and you have to order it from their parts depot (also available through their website)

Strong or weak in the end we are all dead
post #3509 of 3965 Old 06-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe01880 View Post

so what does that have to do with the Yamaha RX-V667 again??

After speaking with yamaha support, the V667 can't physically pass video at 120hz
post #3510 of 3965 Old 06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoper View Post

After speaking with yamaha support, the V667 can't physically pass video at 120hz

If you look at the specs on pg. 117 of the owners manual,you'll see it's indicated there.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread - V667 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page