"Official" Yamaha RX-V667/RX-V767 Thread - Page 132 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3931 of 3950 Old 05-15-2014, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is it possible to disable the 667's screensaver function entirely?

I use a Samsung plasma HDTV as my computer's monitor. When my HTPC puts the display to sleep because of idling (cutting off the display signal), unfortunately, the 667 sends its screensaver image to the TV. This prevents my TV from auto-off'ing itself because of no signal after 15 minutes.

I'm wondering if it's possible to stop the Yamaha from ever sending out a screensaver at all? I wouldn't mind if it was a moving image screensaver, but I don't like leaving a static image on a plasma TV.

If this isn't possible, is there a color that would burn a plasma the "least"? Currently, I use the grayscale screensaver on the 667, but I've thought about uploading an all-black image for a new screensaver via kriktsemaj99's utility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3932 of 3950 Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Yes you can stop the screen saver. Mine no longer does a screen saver for whatever reason. Not sure what i changed for it though.
post #3933 of 3950 Old 05-19-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoper View Post

Yes you can stop the screen saver. Mine no longer does a screen saver for whatever reason. Not sure what i changed for it though.

Are you sure it's not receiving a signal though? The screensaver won't activate if there's any sort of signal coming into the receiver. It may appear like it's not receiving a signal, but it may still be receiving a "standby". On the other hand, if you have managed to disable the screensaver function, that'd be great news!
post #3934 of 3950 Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
O Yea of much knowledge, please explain something to this mere mortal.
My two front speakers are identical to my two rear speakers yet the auto calibration of the set up ALWAYS sets the fronts as LARGE, backs as small. These are all Ascend Acoustic CBM-170's. In my feeble way of thinking they'd all be set as SMALL. Wazz up?

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
post #3935 of 3950 Old 05-21-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrace View Post

My two front speakers are identical to my two rear speakers yet the auto calibration of the set up ALWAYS sets the fronts as LARGE, backs as small. These are all Ascend Acoustic CBM-170's. In my feeble way of thinking they'd all be set as SMALL. Wazz up?
Normal.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #3936 of 3950 Old 05-21-2014, 01:06 PM

So that's by design or a mistake? I manually turn them back to small each time.

post #3937 of 3950 Old 05-21-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrace View Post

So that's by design or a mistake? I manually turn them back to small each time.
By design. Thats good. Assuming you have a sub Small would be proper.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #3938 of 3950 Old 05-21-2014, 01:24 PM

I do, and thanks for responding.
Now to ponder why there are washers on sprinkler fittings....So they don't leak?

post #3939 of 3950 Old 05-30-2014, 03:37 AM

Does anyone else ever notice any out-of-sync issues with TrueHD sources? It's driving me crazy -- I swear I'm seeing out-of-sync sound. Currently, I'm speaking of The Matrix. Specifically, it's most apparent toward the end of the movie (SPOILER AHEAD) where Trinity is whispering to an unconscious Neo. The closeups of her speaking look slightly out-of-sync with sound, particularly when she says "You can't be dead. You can't be. Because I love you."

Can anyone else verify this? At the same time, I have crazy sensitive eyes, and I know that most people can't see framerates and sync issues like I can. So it may not be readily detectable to most.

I'm wondering if this is the receiver's issue -- I just set the 667 to push audio through to my TV's speakers, while disabling the amp, and it looks like the out-of-sync issue is gone! I'll have to recheck this tomorrow.

Any idea what this might be? I seem to remember other TrueHD sources that seem slightly out-of-sync, too, but I can't remember specifics off the top of my head right now.
post #3940 of 3950 Old 06-02-2014, 02:55 AM

Hi,  just tried updating my v667  with your modded 2.12 FW,and the process goes well  like the update instructions said . But When I tried to check the FW version ,it display "version- Error " Is this normal ?

post #3941 of 3950 Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyu14 View Post

Hi,  just tried updating my v667  with your modded 2.12 FW,and the process goes well  like the update instructions said . But When I tried to check the FW version ,it display "version- Error " Is this normal ?

Nobody else reported that, but probably they didn't try the FW version check after updating. I think it's normal in the sense that you no longer have a recognized official FW version (i.e. it's not really 2.12 now).

When the modded FW file is generated several checksums have to be modified because they are used during the update process to make sure the file wasn't corrupted (if I don't update those checksums the firmware will be rejected). It seems that these changes cause the version check to give an error, but that's probably the only side effect.

I assume it will not cause a problem if you want to update again (either back to official FW or to another modded version), but you would have to try this to be sure (I don't have a 667 myself or I would try it).
post #3942 of 3950 Old 06-03-2014, 03:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

post #3943 of 3950 Old 06-20-2014, 03:00 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrace View Post
I get the same only different. Calibration always sets fronts to small..surrounds to large...rear surrounds to small. I assume it's probly due to location/size/make/model/room...etc etc etc. But, like you said, pushing buttons gets em where one likes em. Change is always good.
post #3944 of 3950 Old 06-22-2014, 04:58 PM

Hello - just came back from vacation and tried my HTR-6063 (same as RX-V667) and i have "no signal" (video) on my tv. My current setup is as follows:
hdmi out - to TV
hdmi 1 - cable box
hdmi 2 - ps3
hdmi 3 - apple tv

it has worked perfectly up until this point.
current firmware on receiver is 1.14, but as mentioned above it has worked solidly until now.

troubleshooting so far:
-I verified the problem isn't due to the HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV by trying another working cable in hdmi-out on receiver to TV and still get "no signal".
-I verified the problem isn't due to the TV as when i attach my antenna (coaxial) to the TV it works fine. Also, when I bypass the receiver and plug the cable box hdmi directly into the TV (bypassing the receiver) it works fine with all the hdmi ports on the tv.
-I have tried all three inputs (cable box/ps3/apple tv) and always get "no signal" (video)
-i do however get the appropriate sound from the speakers (ie the sound from the cable box when the HDMI1 input is selected on the cable box)
-when the hdmi cable is attached from the receiver (HDMI-out) to the tv and i switch the HDMI port on the tv (say from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 on the TV), the TV asks me if i want to use the new hdmi port. therefore, there is some communication between the receiver and the tv (when i switch the port on the TV when it isn't plugged into the receiver on the other end, I do not get this request from the TV to switch ports).
-I have done the factory reset as per the manual. did not fix this.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks.
post #3945 of 3950 Old 06-22-2014, 05:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Damn peculiar. I assume you would have mentioned it but was there a power surge while you were gone? Sounds like the HDMI OUT might be damaged.
post #3946 of 3950 Old 06-22-2014, 05:44 PM

hey - thanks for the quick reply.

i unplugged my electronics, including the receiver, while i was gone. my other components seem to work fine, just not my receiver and only the hdmi-out.

i think it might be an hdmi-out issue but wasn't sure. out of warranty of course but thinking if i can fix it. i was able to fix the board on my lg plasma tv previously by finding out which resistor was broken and then replacing it, but this looks like it might be another animal. anyone who's done this before (worked on the innards of this or similar receiver) want to offer any suggestions or links? i'm searching myself too. i found the service manual online but right now it's a bit greek to me (i don't speak greek). :-)
post #3947 of 3950 Old 06-27-2014, 02:37 AM

Liked: 0
A simple question -- I think

I want to do something quite simple on my RX-V667, yet, after poring through the owner's manual, and poking around the receiver, I can find no mention of it:

How does one turn off the main speakers so that one may listen through headphones and leave the room silent?

On my old Sony receiver it was very simple: there was a clearly marked knob on the front panel, marked "Speakers A," "Speakers B" and "Off." One merely had to turn it to "Off." It was a fairly sophisticated receiver for its day, and had a nice balance between the electronic and the mechanical. With the Yamaha, nothing is mechanical, and nothing seems simple or agreeably straightforward.

Will someone out there please tell me what I've been missing?

Thanks!

Last edited by Amplitude; 06-27-2014 at 02:39 AM. Reason: I'm a writer, and am always re-writing
post #3948 of 3950 Old 06-27-2014, 04:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplitude View Post
I want to do something quite simple on my RX-V667, yet, after poring through the owner's manual, and poking around the receiver, I can find no mention of it:

How does one turn off the main speakers so that one may listen through headphones and leave the room silent?

On my old Sony receiver it was very simple: there was a clearly marked knob on the front panel, marked "Speakers A," "Speakers B" and "Off." One merely had to turn it to "Off." It was a fairly sophisticated receiver for its day, and had a nice balance between the electronic and the mechanical. With the Yamaha, nothing is mechanical, and nothing seems simple or agreeably straightforward.

Thanks!
Have you tried plugging in the headphones?
post #3949 of 3950 Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

(oops) Bond 007 just said same thing. heh

Thanks!
That's weird...you would think just plugging in the headphone would do it. What am I missing?
post #3950 of 3950 Old 06-29-2014, 04:24 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
I --- snip---------------

--- snip---------------

Thanks!
Exactly. mine goes silent when I plug in the headphones as well.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page