"Official" Yamaha RX-V667/RX-V767 Thread - Page 137 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #4081 of 4103 Old 02-06-2016, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If there is no downside then I'll give that a try. The manual doesn't mention that changing this setting has that effect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 4103 Old 02-06-2016, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
No change, still has big, black and obtrusive volume bar display. Thanks for some hope though. I'd be happy to just be able to change its transparency.
post #4083 of 4103 Old 02-12-2016, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What input to use for a turntable

Hi,

I just bought an Audio Technica Turntable (AT-LP60) and a Cambridge AZUR 551P Preamp.
Turntable -->Preamp-->Receiver, all via RCA/Interconnect....but I have no idea what the proper input I should use. There is no "phono" in like some images on Google Images suggest.

The weird thing is that I currently have it plugged into "Audio 1" but when I hit "Audio 1" on my remote there's no audio....to hear the audio I have to hit "AV 1" on my remote. Now more confused as ever.

Help?

Thanks!
mmoreimi
post #4084 of 4103 Old 02-12-2016, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoreimi View Post
I just bought an Audio Technica Turntable (AT-LP60) and a Cambridge AZUR 551P Preamp.
Turntable -->Preamp-->Receiver, all via RCA/Interconnect....but I have no idea what the proper input I should use. There is no "phono" in like some images on Google Images suggest.

The Phono input (which you don't have) includes a phono pre-amp. So when you have your own pre-amp you would never use the Phono input even if you had one. Just connect your pre-amp output to any of the red/white stereo RCA inputs on the receiver.
post #4085 of 4103 Old 02-12-2016, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
The Phono input (which you don't have) includes a phono pre-amp. So when you have your own pre-amp you would never use the Phono input even if you had one. Just connect your pre-amp output to any of the red/white stereo RCA inputs on the receiver.
sounds good to me!

Thank you,
mmoreimi
post #4086 of 4103 Old 02-17-2016, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello experts,

I am hoping someone can help me PLEASE with the problem i am having while trying to update firmware.

So i got a nexus player and was having issue of audio but no video. After searching and trying to fix it since yesterday found this thread and have been trying to update firmware as i have read in several places that resolves the problem.

I have tried multiple audio cd's (v2.12 and 2.11) and they do have a pop up of audio cd when i try to insert it in laptop to make sure it is an audio and not a data cd. I am setting the receiver in CDDA upgrade mode, connecting optical cable to receiver and verified audio settings in my blu ray player to be PCM but i do not see the next step of update etc. I have waited for as long as 10 mins and dont see the display changing in receiver from CDDA upgrader.

Can anyone please help in correctly upgrading firmware ? The only other device i have is PS4 but audio CD doesnt work in those. Is it possible to put the .wav file in flash drive and then connect that to PS4 and running upgrade that way ?

Please help...TIA.
post #4087 of 4103 Old 02-17-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackD121 View Post
Hello experts,

I am hoping someone can help me PLEASE with the problem i am having while trying to update firmware.

So i got a nexus player and was having issue of audio but no video. After searching and trying to fix it since yesterday found this thread and have been trying to update firmware as i have read in several places that resolves the problem.

I have tried multiple audio cd's (v2.12 and 2.11) and they do have a pop up of audio cd when i try to insert it in laptop to make sure it is an audio and not a data cd. I am setting the receiver in CDDA upgrade mode, connecting optical cable to receiver and verified audio settings in my blu ray player to be PCM but i do not see the next step of update etc. I have waited for as long as 10 mins and dont see the display changing in receiver from CDDA upgrader.

Can anyone please help in correctly upgrading firmware ? The only other device i have is PS4 but audio CD doesnt work in those. Is it possible to put the .wav file in flash drive and then connect that to PS4 and running upgrade that way ?

Please help...TIA.
While waiting i did find a solution in previous pages ... kriktsemaj99 ..THANK YOU SOOO much ...

The issue was the Volume levelling option enabled while writing the audio cd in windows media player.
post #4088 of 4103 Old 02-17-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackD121 View Post
Hello experts,

Please help...TIA.
While waiting i did find a solution in previous pages ... kriktsemaj99 ..THANK YOU SOOO much ...

The issue was the Volume levelling option enabled while writing the audio cd in windows media player.
post #4089 of 4103 Old 02-20-2016, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted the below in the 867 thread. Thought I'd also post here.

Does anyone have a set up with the xbox one between the 867 and their tv? I finally decided to pick up an xbox one on their promise of being the center of the entertainment hub (and expected future dvr functionality), but it seems most are just connecting it as one of the inputs in their avr.

My current set up:
v867 (hdmi out 1) ---> xbox one (hdmi in)
xbox one (hdmi out) ---> LG 60PG6700 (hdmi in1)

No issues with the components connected to the 867 inputs (PS3, Roku, Firetv).
However, I get no sound from the xbox (games, blurays, internal apps) itself.

I tried connecting optical from tv to the 867 and also from xbox to 867 but neither allowed the sound.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
post #4090 of 4103 Old 03-01-2016, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Gads...Talk about a mental gap...I can't seem to find how to remove a radio station preset. On page 57 of the manual, it shows the (arrow) rocker around the enter button controls preset (Auto, clear a channel, or clear 'all' channels). But something doesn't seem to be working. Apparently, I'm not doing the right sequence. I was curious as to which arrowed rocker to hit to clear just one channel at a time, if that's how it's done. Don't wanna clear them all.

Last edited by flyingdog; 03-02-2016 at 12:02 AM.
post #4091 of 4103 Old 03-02-2016, 12:09 PM

Ah! Finally...found the right screen to clear a preset station. I just didn't get operating these presets from the "Content Browse View" within the 'content window'. (pg. 56)

Last edited by flyingdog; 03-03-2016 at 03:03 AM.
post #4092 of 4103 Old 04-26-2016, 05:51 AM

Hi

I have an strange problem.

I have my TV and my Projector connected in HDMI out 1 and 2.
My nVidia Shield is connected to HDMI in 2.
The TV gets the signal as normal, but the projector does not.
If I let the TV be on, I get picture on both, but no sound.

I can see from the info page, that the receiver is seeing the PJ, but still don`t work.

My setup is this:
nVidia Shield TV, Samsung UE55F8005STXXE, BenQ TW1100 and Yamaha RX-V767

What can be the problem here?
post #4093 of 4103 Old 06-18-2016, 02:00 PM

Whoa!! Here's a new one. Not sure how many users experience this, but the other day, sat down to enjoy a movie. Got popcorn, pop ready to go. Turn on everything and only thing that would show up was the screen saver. Ok, fine, Comcast was have'n bit of trouble lately so I call. Only to be told DVR/Tuner was all up to snuff. But they showed I was not getting any signal from the box to tv. So, I started switching out HDMI cables, bypassing receiver, switch inputs etc etc etc. Well, things all worked, as long as I left the receiver outta the loop. Great!! Something when south in the receiver!.. Well, wife finally told me while she was watching some program, the YPAO calibration screen popped up. Coarse she did want to screw with it and cleared outta it and didn't tell me till most of my hair was pulled out the next day. Long story short, I put all the cables/inputs back to where I had them and ran the YPAO a few times. Other than having to tweak some settings, that I got waay outta whack, everything seems back to normal. Only thing I could think of that would cause that screen to call for speaker recalibration would be the total power outage we had a few earlier prior to this happening . Weird though, as I've flipped the power bar's off switch before when I've had to reset the cable box, at times. Obviously, would be same thing as cutting power to receiver. This screen never showed before. Didn't realize Yamaha's (667) receiver would do that. Sooo..besure to check this before doing any other trouble shooting. Could save ya a lot of head scratch'n & frustration. Curious if this is some safety feature built into this unit or what triggers this.

Last edited by flyingdog; 06-21-2016 at 01:34 AM.
post #4094 of 4103 Old 06-21-2016, 04:01 PM

I couldn't find this info anywhere in this thread, so I thought I should mention that it's possible to update the firmware using a Mac with a Mini-Toslink connection (i.e. most Macs made after 2006), no CD player required.

If you don't have a Mini-Toslink to Toslink adapter or cable, you can get an adapter from Monoprice for less than a buck. Do a search on Monoprice for "2671", that will bring up the appropriate product ID page.

Plug it into your Mac's headphone jack, and then connect an optical cable from the adapter to the "Optical AV 1" port.

If you then go to the "Output" tab of the "Sound" section in "System Preferences", the output should show "Optical digital-out port".

NOTE: CLOSE ALL YOUR APPS AND TURN YOUR WIFI/ETHERNET OFF BEFORE YOU CONTINUE. If your Mac plays any other sounds from notifications or iMessages or whatnot, it will probably screw up the firmware update.

Put your receiver into the software update mode by unplugging your receiver, and then plug it back in while holding the "TUNING >>" button; if you did it correctly, the display will say "CDDA UPGRADER".

Now you just need to play the audio file. I wasn't able to get the update to work with VLC or QuickView. Luckily OSX comes with a CLI app called "alplay" that does the job:

Open a Terminal window, and run
Code:
afplay -d -q 1 ~/Downloads/RXV667_767_FIRMWARE_V211.wav
...obviously replacing the path with the correct path to your firmware file.

With any luck, your receiver's display will change to indicate that it's updating the firmware. Let 'er go, it'll take about 15 minutes.

Also, I should mention that I was able to update my HTR-6063 with the RX-V667 firmware, since those models are identical, even though Yamaha hasn't officially released any firmware updates for the HTR-6063!
post #4095 of 4103 Old 06-25-2016, 02:48 AM

Hmmm...this speaker calibration screen request window has popped up twice, now. Not sure what is causing this. Anyone else experienced such a thing?
post #4096 of 4103 Old 07-22-2016, 07:33 AM

Wow!! This place die or what?
post #4097 of 4103 Old 07-22-2016, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 336
^ Not likely to be many new questions about the 667 after all these years
post #4098 of 4103 Old 07-23-2016, 04:31 AM

Yea..I understand that, but I did pose a question. Apparently noone ever experience this dilemma.
post #4099 of 4103 Old 07-23-2016, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I've never experienced it. Did you do as it requested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
post #4100 of 4103 Old 07-24-2016, 01:51 AM

Thanks for the reply. Actually, yes, I did go ahead and run the calibration sequence. Twice, after doing a factory reset. Also, started checking all my connections, even though most likely any shorts would probly trigger a protective shutdown. Just recently, I did find something suspect. I started thinking, instead of a software glitch, it could be an internal hardware problem. So some reason, right after I disconnected the YPAO mic, started the highly technical trouble shooting technique of tapping on the female jack, And....sure enough, the calibration screen popped up. So...I may have found something. Well, least it's a direction to start from.. I'll probably take the lid off and start pok'n around. Possibly a cold solder joint or something related. What's really odd, is this all started shortly after a storm related power outage. Even though I have all my equipment plugged into surge protectors, this might have caused some sort of chain of events. Who knows...I Don't. Stranger things...as they say. heh

Last edited by flyingdog; 07-25-2016 at 01:00 AM.
post #4101 of 4103 Old 07-25-2016, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdog View Post
Thanks for the reply. Actually, yes, I did go ahead and run the calibration sequence. Twice, after doing a factory reset. Also, started checking all my connections, even though most likely any shorts would probly trigger a protective shutdown. Just recently, I did find something suspect. I started thinking, instead of a software glitch, it could be an internal hardware problem. So some reason, right after I disconnected the YPAO mic, started the highly technical trouble shooting technique of tapping on the female jack, And....sure enough, the calibration screen popped up. So...I may have found something. Well, least it's a direction to start from.. I'll probably take the lid off and start pok'n around. Possibly a cold solder joint or something related. What's really odd, is this all started shortly after a storm related power outage. Even though I have all my equipment plugged into surge protectors, this might have caused some sort of chain of events. Who knows...I Don't. Stranger things...as they say. heh

It sounds like you might be onto something. One of the sub outs has stopped working on mine, other than that it has not had any problems. I had my blu-Ray player stop working after an electrical storm once. I opened it up and could not see anything obvious, so I closed it back up and was about to dispose of it. I decided to plug it in one more time and it fired up. I don't know what I did but it's still working several years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
post #4102 of 4103 Old 07-26-2016, 12:32 PM

That is sooo weird you mentioned that about your BluRay player. Ever since my tapping (aka: troubleshooting) session, the calibration screen has not popped up for quite awhile.
post #4103 of 4103 Old 08-13-2016, 11:11 PM

Update: I have yet to pull the cover and start probing. The speaker calibration screen has 'not' popped up. Which in turn, lends to the value of the "good ole" thump'n fix. aka:..remember the days of TV's with rabbit ears?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page