"Official" Yamaha RX-V667/RX-V767 Thread - Page 138 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #4111 of 4112 Old Today, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipu View Post
Thank you for doing this. If this works it's going to be cooler than the iceberg and useful to a lot of people with display mode issues.
Wikipedia seems to have a spec for that <can't seem to be able to paste urls until 5 posts>

Need to go to work, but I can try to find a good editor for the edid information in the evening and see what happens (unless you already did). I guess your tool just needs provide a facility to correctly replace that data and create a new firmware file. Are you using the FW 2.12 as a baseline?

Let me know which modes you want to add from the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extend...ification_Data
(e.g. mode 32 is: 1080p24 16:9 1:1 1920x1080p @ 23.98/24 Hz)

The EDID format is not too bad, so I can manually edit it and use http://www.edidreader.com/ to check the changes. Or if you have a better EDID editor let me know.

I will modify my FWmod program to read a 256-byte EDID block (main block plus one extension block) from a file, and use that to overwrite the one in the FW. To keep things simple we need to use the same size block as the current FW (256 bytes), but there is room for extra video modes as they only use one byte each.

I can use any FW as the base, but I have 2.12 so I will start with that. There's no guarantee that the EDID block in the FW is the one that the source device will ultimately see, but I'm assuming it is.

BTW how did you update your FW to 2.12? Did you burn the .wav file to CD or just play the file directly from your PC to the receiver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4112 of 4112 Old Today, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
Liked: 340
^ Also there are two EDID blocks in the FW, the only difference being one has an extra audio format (AAC). I think AAC is supported over HDMI in some regions and not in others, so I have to make sure I modify the correct block.

Does your EDID sniffer report supported audio formats, and does it include AAC or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page