"Official" Yamaha RX-V667/RX-V767 Thread - Page 139 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #4141 of 4164 Old 12-04-2016, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4164 Old 12-07-2016, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Since this thread was recently brought back to life, is there any reason at this point to upgrade from this receiver to anything new? I'm running a 5.1 Klipsch Quintet SL setup and will likely upgrade to a set of KEF's or Klipsch RP series. I don't have a 4K TV, and don't plan on getting one in the near future.

The only things I've missed from this receiver was the lack of integrated bluetooth, or the ability to select audio and video inputs separately (ie: listening to music over bluetooth while watching the TV video input...something the new Denon's can do).
post #4143 of 4164 Old 12-08-2016, 02:07 AM

Thumbs up

I too, much like you, have 'no' intention to ever want to upgrade to a 4k. Couple family members have 4k(s) and I don't care for the image. Probably due to what I'm use too. Much like watching something in 3D. Don't like it, never will and find it too distracting. Therefore, my 7.2 system, with this receiver (667), is more than satisfying.

post #4144 of 4164 Old 12-08-2016, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I found the cheapest answer to my question was a hdmi splitter and hopefully I will be rocking this avr for years to come.

post #4145 of 4164 Old 12-09-2016, 12:16 AM

May not be the case with yer splitter, but couple years ago I tried using one of these port savers: http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=11891 ..and found something interesting. Out of the three different styles, none would pass 1080p. Everything was 720. For some odd reason, even some of the audio surround was restricted. Talked to people at Monoprice, Bluejeans and a few locals. Nobody could explain or knew why. Wierd.

Last edited by flyingdog; 12-09-2016 at 12:21 AM.
post #4146 of 4164 Old 12-26-2016, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I use the bendable kind, and I don't think I have any issues with them. I don't remember where I have them placed anymore. I have one for my TV input and I think I have them for all the ports on the receiver and blu ray player, too.

Today I was experimenting with different settings on my V667 while trying to get Playstation 1 games (specifically Final Fantasy VII played on a PS2 Slim over component cables) to display. Every time in the past when I would load up PS1 games, the initial Playstation screen would show, but when the game loaded, I only got a green screen, despite the audio playing fine. I know the issue is because the PS1 games I've tried are output in 240p. Today I learned that if I enable Video Processing on the receiver, I can play those games on my TV. I have processing settings set to "Through" for aspect and resolution set to "Auto". The AVR information says it's converting 240p to 1080p. The picture doens't look as amazing as some of scalers I've seen sample images of, but it's better than the single yellow composite cable.

I also reconfirmed what I previously wasn't able to reproduce, and that is with processing enabled (and it must only be when the AVR is processing video - I think certain signals do not get processed) the on-screen volume does not show up when the volume is changed.
post #4147 of 4164 Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have a problem after I upgraded to 7.0 on my receiver.

I am not getting audio in the rear surround speakers with 5.1 sources. Anything digital that is 5.1 wil cut the sound from my rear surrounds and go to a direct 5.1 decode. With 2.0 sources I get audio in all 7 peakers as expected. My surround mode is "standard", and I have Neo:6 enabled (tried the Pro Logic equivalent too, no change). Is there any way i can make the processor use all 7 speakers with a 5.1 source?

"Unplugging the signal cable is pretty much the ultimate in component isolation. Now if you removed the AC power and it still did it you should look for the little blond girl saying "they're he-re."
post #4148 of 4164 Old 02-06-2017, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by atledreier View Post
I have a problem after I upgraded to 7.0 on my receiver.

I am not getting audio in the rear surround speakers with 5.1 sources. Anything digital that is 5.1 wil cut the sound from my rear surrounds and go to a direct 5.1 decode. With 2.0 sources I get audio in all 7 peakers as expected. My surround mode is "standard", and I have Neo:6 enabled (tried the Pro Logic equivalent too, no change). Is there any way i can make the processor use all 7 speakers with a 5.1 source?

You need to set "Extended Surround" to expand 5.1 to 7.1. (page 51 of the 667 manual). Try setting it to PLIIx Movie mode. The default (Auto) rarely results in 7.1 output (it depends on how the audio track is flagged).
ChromeJob likes this.
post #4149 of 4164 Old 02-06-2017, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Yesm that did the trick. Such a weird "feature", since I already set it to PLIIx in the surround decode menu. Oh well, it's working as expected now. Thank you!

"Unplugging the signal cable is pretty much the ultimate in component isolation. Now if you removed the AC power and it still did it you should look for the little blond girl saying "they're he-re."
post #4150 of 4164 Old 02-06-2017, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^ I never understood why Yamaha did it that way. They finally changed it on new models and the surround decoder setting now affects both 2 channel and multi-channel sources.
atledreier likes this.
post #4151 of 4164 Old 02-15-2017, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm desperately looking for an honest, educated answer or help please. I am having an issue with watching anything in 4K. See setup please.
HDMI via DTV to 677
HDMI to Sony

The DTV will splash the screen stating my TV does not support 4K. When I take the 677 out of the equation and run the HDMI straight to the TV the 4K works.

From my understanding the newest FW on the 677 should be allowing the 4K to work properly. I might be totally wrong though. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Programming via DTV 4K.
Yamaha RX-V677
Sony XBR65X930D
Focal Chorus line speakers.
post #4152 of 4164 Old 02-16-2017, 05:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ Try asking in the 677 thread, this is for the 667 (a much older model).
ChromeJob likes this.
post #4153 of 4164 Old 05-17-2017, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmercer3 View Post
Your initial setup was correct. Setting your TV to AV1 is purely a software setting, you dont actually have to to connect cables from your tv to AV1. Just the HDMI on the ARC channel between your tv and receiver will allow you to have sound from both sources. Just have to make sure HDMI controls are set to on via both the AVR and Tv.

Secondly, your tv will always switch the AVR back to the TV's sound after the HDMI handshake is done; every time the power is turned on to one of the devices. That is just the way HDMI control functions. It sucks, most of us get around it with a logitech controller.
Hello people. New in this forum.
I have a Yamaha RX V667, Direct TV service and a LG-TV.
Configuration:
Direct TV to AV-Y vía HDMI (currently HDMI-2 but tried with others as well)
AV-Y to LG-TV vía HDMI (HDMI OUT on AV-Y side, HDMI 2 on TV side)
Direct TV Remote Controll configured for LG-TV
I can turn on the TV and synchronously get AV-Y on too.
Here is the problem: the AV is prepared to get sound back from the TV on one of 4 AV sound inputs (AV1, AV2, AV3, AV4). There is no way to avoid this functionality, so the AV-Y changes automatically the Input Mode to the one configured. After this, the sound is lost, cause it should be taken from the Direct TV signal, not the TV.
Then, I have to change the AV input to Direct TV to get sound again. After this, everything works fine.

Is there any way to solve this?

Many thanks
post #4154 of 4164 Old 05-17-2017, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo Kock View Post

Configuration:

Here is the problem: the AV is prepared to get sound back from the TV on one of 4 AV sound inputs (AV1, AV2, AV3, AV4). There is no way to avoid this functionality, so the AV-Y changes automatically the Input Mode to the one configured. After this, the sound is lost, cause it should be taken from the Direct TV signal, not the TV.

Then, I have to change the AV input to Direct TV to get sound again. After this, everything works fine.

Is there any way to solve this?

Many thanks

Turn off the hdmi controls. I find them useless and cause more problems than they solve. Use a harmony remote to control everything or you can even program the DIRECTV remote to control the basic functions of your TV and AVR. I have never used the ARC feature so I can't comment on that, are you using this for anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
post #4155 of 4164 Old 05-18-2017, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Send a message via Yahoo to ChromeJob Send a message via Skype™ to ChromeJob
"Official" Yamaha RX-V667/RX-V767 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelo Kock View Post

Configuration:

Not sure I understand your sequence of events. If everything off, and you turn on Direct TV, then the AVR and TV come on, but then the AVR tunes to the input for TV audio?

If you're turning on the TV separately, that will switch the AVR to TV audio regardless of the previously selected input. Don't turn on the TV at all, let HDMI-CEC do that.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
Are ya new here? Please read FAQs and forum stickies. Like posts that help you. Don't ask a question and then disappear.
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 07-03-2017 at 08:54 AM.
post #4156 of 4164 Old 05-26-2017, 02:28 AM

I have following setup

RXV767 connect by a HDMI 1.4 cable to my Panasonic Plasma Television.
via Viera link from the Panasonic I can use the remote of the television to increase the sound on my RXV767
Sound from television is automaticly muted and plays via my rxv767
On the Rxv I further have connected Ziggo television, PS4 and mini pc with KODI.
All works great, except:
I have connected recently a google chrome to the HDMI port of the televion. Works correctly but I cant get the sound on my RXV767.
I assume this should be possible by using the ARC. This is switched on the menu of the RXV767 but doesn't work.
Now I first need to cancel the Viera Link and use the sound of the television, which I dont like.

am I right that the sound so go via the ARC to the receiver, and if so anybody an idea how to solve this ?
post #4157 of 4164 Old 06-11-2017, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldvalk View Post
I have following setup

via Viera link from the Panasonic I can use the remote of the television to increase the sound on my RXV767
On the Rxv I further have connected Ziggo television, PS4 and mini pc with KODI.
All works great, except:
I have connected recently a google chrome to the HDMI port of the televion. Works correctly but I cant get the sound on my RXV767.
I assume this should be possible by using the ARC. This is switched on the menu of the RXV767 but doesn't work.
Now I first need to cancel the Viera Link and use the sound of the television, which I dont like.

am I right that the sound so go via the ARC to the receiver, and if so anybody an idea how to solve this ?
Yea-Yea..this is a very old thread, but still active. I'm surprised you'vs gone this long without an answer. I still find new ideas with every posting.
post #4158 of 4164 Old 06-11-2017, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldvalk View Post
I have following setup

All works great, except:
I have connected recently a google chrome [CHROMECAST?] to the HDMI port of the televion. Works correctly but I cant get the sound on my RXV767.

Very old model, pre-HDCP2.2. It's possible that HDCP is preventing export of the audio via ARC.

You could try plugging the audio back to the AVR via TOSlink or whatever the Pannie exports audio. Or plug the Chromecast (?) directly into the AVR for better audio quality.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
Are ya new here? Please read FAQs and forum stickies. Like posts that help you. Don't ask a question and then disappear.
A: Yamaha RX-V775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen.
post #4159 of 4164 Old 07-02-2017, 06:36 AM

Talking

Hello to all!!
My name is swords90. I have a yamaha rx-v667, i read many threads and i have many questions because i want to update my yahama. Thanks for the help

1) I´m in the 2.04 version. Do i have to update to version 2.05 and then to kriktsemaj99´s version 2.12?
2) I read i need a cd-player with optical or coaxial connection but i don´t have with that. I have a ps3, can i use it?

Thanks alot for your help. i´m very lost with all of this.

Last edited by Mike Lang; 07-03-2017 at 08:57 AM.
post #4160 of 4164 Old 07-02-2017, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swords90 View Post
My name is swords90. I have a yamaha rx-v667, i read many threads and i have many questions because i want to update my yahama.

Is there a reason you want to update the firmware? Unless you're trying to fix a specific problem there's no need to update.

If you do update, you can always go directly to any version (no need to install intermediate verions).

This link has the official 2.12 (and some other versions), plus a document describing how to update directly from the PS3 via an optical cable.
post #4161 of 4164 Old 07-02-2017, 11:22 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
Is there a reason you want to update the firmware? Unless you're trying to fix a specific problem there's no need to update.

If you do update, you can always go directly to any version (no need to install intermediate verions).

This link has the official 2.12 (and some other versions), plus a document describing how to update directly from the PS3 via an optical cable.
Thanks for your answer.
Everything works perfectly but i thought in updating the receiver. So if everything works good, there isn´t no need to update? i ask you because i thought, like mobiles phone, it´s better if you have installed the last version.
Thanks for your help!!!
post #4162 of 4164 Old 07-02-2017, 11:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

That was obscenely long and spaced out quoted text, @swords90 . Please don't do that again.

“Phil? Phil Connors?!”
post #4163 of 4164 Old 07-03-2017, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^ LOL. That's nothing compared to some forums where people are always posting a lot of huge pictures! But it's true many people don't think of editing quotes down to a reasonable size.
post #4164 of 4164 Old 07-03-2017, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swords90 View Post
Everything works perfectly but i thought in updating the receiver. So if everything works good, there isn´t no need to update? i ask you because i thought, like mobiles phone, it´s better if you have installed the last version.

If everything is working I would leave it alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page