post #2521 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnytuinals View Post

This radio I feel will pick up at least 99% of the radio stations in the states.
I am from the Poconos and I have been listening to live talk radio stations from Calif
for years and now its built into a brand that we know we can trust.........JT

99% might be a bit high. To see the station listings:

www.vtuner.com

I live about 50 miles down I-81 from you, and my favorite station is KFRC in SF. As with Pandora, there is no screen saver. You don't need the TV if your IP radio station is already selected (or any other NET input).

If you are streaming IP data, there is no buffering. The "STOP" button will kill the streaming should you desire to use the internet with your router for something else. If there is an activity LED on your modem you will see what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.DTS View Post

Ok...got one serious question about this (667)...is it "wife friendly"? In other words ..."even a wife can operate this?".

It's not a laughing matter. My wife cannot even turn on the BR player. We've got AT&T Uverse and one button click TV and STB comes on. But if I leave the TV on another input (XBox 360) it's the end of the world. All I want to do is be able to tell her..."dear, all you have to do is hit this button or two and TV it is. She hates remotes like she hates bugs.

for the record the RX-V667 and Denon AVR-891 are my top two choices. Thanks

I feel your pain... my wife is "exactly" the same way. She'll let me buy all the AV equipment I want... her only restriction is..when I get everything hooked up... there can only be "one" remote, no operating instructions, and she only wants to hit "one" button.

Long story short I can tell you I delivered. I have a 50" Samsung Plasma, Samsung Blu-Ray, Yamaha V867, Pioneer CD player, HD Tuner, Time Warner cable vision Set top Box, and a ROKU HD box. She can watch TV, utilize any piece of equipment (or multiple pieces) all with the touch of a single button. NOTE: All the magic is done via a "universal remote"... not via the remote that comes with the receiver. Neither the V667, nor the Denon 891 (or any other unit on the market) will do it all as I described. You need a programmable universal remote to pull it off. I personally use a Logitec Harmony 880. It turns on the pieces of equipment necessary for the function selected on the remote, switches to all the correct inputs for each device a, as well as operate all the devices being utilized. You have to program the remote via a computer (connected via USB cable) Some people complain (after buying the remote) that they didn't realize they needed to use a computer to program the remote and find it too complicated. However, considering all the inputs, pieces of equipment, different manufacturers, connection combinations etc... it couldn't be done without a computer. They have great customer support as well as support forums on the Logitec site where other owner / members can assist with your setup if needed.

The pictures below are not of my 880 remote but to give you an idea of what they look like and how they function. The actual text as well as the background images can be changed and customized as you see fit. NOTE: It is NOT a touch screen... instead you hit the buttons next to the text/image you want. The 880 has been discontinued... but Logitec sells Refurbished 880 remotes on Amazon.

The current model (which "is" touchscreen) is the Harmony One. If interested, click here for a end user video review of the Harmony One.

Quote:

On a side question I wanted to see what the general view is of the video upscaling and processing the 667 does? Since we've never seen one done i'm curious as to any degrading of the picture or is it good or what? .

The video upscaling/processing in the V667 or V867 and other low to mid range AV receivers is nothing to write home about. Most current technology TV's and Blu-Ray players will do a much better job. NET: In comparison the 667/8667 will degrade the picture. If you "want" quality video processing in a Yamaha AV receiver you'll need to step up to the Aventage RX-A2000.
post #2523 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 08:40 AM

[quote=JoeKustra;20611157]99% might be a bit high. To see the station listings:

www.vtuner.com

Thats why I said 99% of the Stations
I live in the Poconos and that 1% is KRLA from Los angeles.
My desktop internet radio gets RECIVA that has a tad more stations then Vtuner.........Just annoyed that everyone is going towards Vtuner and not
Reciva stations.(wish we could have both}.........................JT
post #2524 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Johnnytuinals;20611785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

www.vtuner.com

My desktop internet radio gets RECIVA that has a tad more stations then Vtuner.........Just annoyed that everyone is going towards Vtuner and not

Be patient. We didn't have Pandora until last month. Never can tell what the future holds.
post #2525 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Johnnytuinals;20611785]
Quote:

www.vtuner.com

I just went to the reciva website and asked that they be included on the V867. Nothing will happen when we do nothing. It surely can't hurt to ask.

To help, add your location to your UserCP. With WWW.NOAA.GOV I can find anyone by zipcode. Your tax dollars at work.
post #2526 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 02:43 PM

[quote=JoeKustra;20613161]
Quote:

I just went to the reciva website and asked that they be included on the V867. Nothing will happen when we do nothing. It surely can't hurt to ask.

Hi Joe...not a bad idea! But now I'm confused. Wouldn't the addition of Reciva be a firmware update Yamaha would have to provide? That said... recent industry news would seem to indicate Reciva might be on the skids.

Anyway... if I have time this weekend I'm going to try some experiments on my PC with the Stick Radio streaming feature then see if I can have any success streaming it to the 867.
post #2527 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Elton Noway;20613411]
Quote:

Hi Joe...not a bad idea! But now I'm confused. Wouldn't the addition of Reciva be a firmware update Yamaha would have to provide? That said... recent industry news would seem to indicate Reciva might be on the skids.

Anyway... if I have time this weekend I'm going to try some experiments on my PC with the Stick Radio streaming feature then see if I can have any success streaming it to the 867.

Yes, it would make my third firmware update. That's how I got Pandora. Sony, on my Blu-ray and TV does the same. I asked Sony to add vRadio. They don't have IP radio now. Sony gets all their content (it seems) from Austrailia. Seriously. They have don't have Rhapsody. They have Music Unlimited which seems to be mostly Europe. Whatever. Send the email to whatever addresses you find on the web site. It's FREE to complain and/or offer suggestions.

On the skids? That didn't stop Sirius. I remember when that stock was $45. Now it's under $2. Work on today, tomorrow will happen anyhow.
post #2528 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 06:04 PM

I recently upgraded my AVR to the v667. Still using my 11-year old Polk RM6100 5.1 sat/sub system. Any thoughts on whether a new 5.1 sat/sub system like the Nanosats or the new Polk TL3 system would give me noticeably better sound? The existing speakers are okay, but there must have been some improvements, even to budget and mid-range speaker systems, over the past 11 years. My system is in a pretty big room.

Thanks.
post #2529 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 PM

Well I disconnected my 2 year old Sony 1000 and
hooked up the 7 speakers and the wireless bridge to the V867(now the 867 is wireless}
Anyways I went into Netwoek and kept hitting the Netwoek button on the remote till I got to the Vtuner part on my 60 inch plasma screen....(On the 867 menu it does not say Vtuner maybe it will with a upgrade}
Anyways there are thousands of Radio stations and it has the station KRLA that
I could never have gotten on my desktop internet radio with Vtuner,,,geeee wonder why?
It seems the Vtuner uses 2 out of the 7 speakers it seems?But I will need to check it out atads more....
Too me I bought the 867 for the Vtuner otherwise I would have stayed with the Sony 1000....But since its working,,,I am very happy with the 867........JT
post #2530 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I disconnected my 2 year old Sony 1000 and
hooked up the 7 speakers and the wireless bridge to the V867(now the 867 is wireless}
Anyways I went into Netwoek and kept hitting the Netwoek button on the remote till I got to the Vtuner part on my 60 inch plasma screen....(On the 867 menu it does not say Vtuner maybe it will with a upgrade}
Anyways there are thousands of Radio stations and it has the station KRLA that
I could never have gotten on my desktop internet radio with Vtuner,,,geeee wonder why?
It seems the Vtuner uses 2 out of the 7 speakers it seems?But I will need to check it out atads more....
Too me I bought the 867 for the Vtuner otherwise I would have stayed with the Sony 1000....But since its working,,,I am very happy with the 867........JT

I'm glad you are happy. It's sad that IP radio is 2ch stereo. There was RFC, but it seems to have gone away. But try the Music button. That should invoke 7.1 and enable all your speakers if DSP and Enhanced is turned on. It's a personal thing. Some like 2ch stereo. I like the Phil Specter "wall of sound" unless it is from a DVD. Each to their own. There is a whole lot of stuff to play with on any RX AVR. Have fun.

Once you have things set the way you like them, use a Scene button to store it. That's one of the best features of this AVR.

True, it doesn't say "vTuner" it says "NET RADIO". Same thing. Push the NET button until you get there. I'm trying to get "IP Radio" into our language. Radio, if broadcast, should be called broadcast radio. I'm probably not going to win that one. But visit the web site to select your stations.

Latest update is 2.15, which added Pandora and Napster.
post #2531 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm06092 View Post

I recently upgraded my AVR to the v667. Still using my 11-year old Polk RM6100 5.1 sat/sub system. Any thoughts on whether a new 5.1 sat/sub system like the Nanosats or the new Polk TL3 system would give me noticeably better sound? The existing speakers are okay, but there must have been some improvements, even to budget and mid-range speaker systems, over the past 11 years. My system is in a pretty big room.

Thanks.

I have the Polk Monitor 60 front R/L, Polk CS1 center and 2 RM-7 for surrounds, they sound great, waiting on 2 more RM-7 from Acoustic sound Designs ($54 for the pair) to complete the system. Since I live in an Apartment I did not get a Sub, thought the M60's have plenty of low to shake the room.

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
- ARRX18G Remote w/ RF extender
- WDTV Live+ (5TB and growing)
post #2532 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 07:08 PM

[quote=JoeKustra;20611157]99% might be a bit high. To see the station listings:

Once you have things set the way you like them, use a Scene button to store it. That's one of the best features of this AVR.

True, it doesn't say "vTuner" it says "NET RADIO". Same thing. Push the NET button until you get there. I'm trying to get "IP Radio" into our language. Radio, if broadcast, should be called broadcast radio. I'm probably not going to win that one. But visit the web site to select your stations.

I agree once I play around with the 867 I am sure I will enjoy it alot more
But since I have only used the 867 for about a hour,I am sure it will take time to play around with it.
I really have no clue if I can use 7 speakers for the Internet Radio(Vtuner}buttttt I am glad it works with 2 speakers as of now.
Cannot believe how many stations the 867 can pickup,and at this price of $429.......I see that some Great Desktop internet radios can go for
$150-$400 on a brand named internet radio....Great price,,,,yeaaaaaa cannot beat it babyyyy......JT
post #2533 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Johnnytuinals;20614303]
Quote:

I agree once I play around with the 867 I am sure I will enjoy it alot more
But since I have only used the 867 for about a hour,I am sure it will take time to play around with it.
I really have no clue if I can use 7 speakers for the Internet Radio(Vtuner}buttttt I am glad it works with 2 speakers as of now.
Cannot believe how many stations the 867 can pickup,and at this price of $429.......I see that some Great Desktop internet radios can go for
$150-$400 on a brand named internet radio....Great price,,,,yeaaaaaa cannot beat it babyyyy......JT

I guess you are happy. I have two large front, two large rear, and one rear Hahler effect speaker, and a 125w sub. All work for IP radio. When watching a BR with DTS, I go direct. When using my Sony Blu-ray for Pandora or playing 2ch content, I play with the sound. I obviously Bi-Amp. It's a nice AVR. Sound like you are having fun. New toys are fun.
post #2534 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 07:35 PM

Liked: 14
It's boiled down to this and the Denon AVR-891. Being a long time owner of a Denon it's natual. Like the USB port, Audyssey MultiEQ, Anchor Bay video conversion and Denons rep for good clean power. But...

I keep pulling up reviews just praising the 667 for it's leap over the previous version 665 and countless others who have been amazed at the sound. I'm tempted to go for the 867 but frankly it's too much of a rec'r than I need. It's like the Denon AVR-991. It's a beast with all sorts of options and I can grab it under $600. Not only more than I need but has a rated 670w power consumption!! The 891 is at 600w while the RX-V667 comes in at 400w. That' a big difference.

If the darn thing had USB port it be a done deal but it's not a killer. I don't need the network since I use the Xbox 360 with WMP or the USB port on it. Having the six channel analog is icing on the cake. A bit of old school that could come in handy. Plenty of HDMI at 6/1.

As to video onversion/upscale I actually don't see where I need it. I have the AT&T Uverse (HDMI), Xbox 360 (component) and Sony BRP (HDMI) to the TV and using optical/coax digital to the older Denon. As long as i can connect those three and one cable to the TV I'll be a happy camper.

I thought about the new models but the prices aren't moving. And instead of grabbing a bigger and more powerful AVR I'll take the advice here and put the extra money to a Harmony remote. By the way is the Harmony 700 model a good one?
post #2535 of 3958 Old 06-24-2011, 08:37 PM

[quote=JoeKustra;20614365]
Quote:

I guess you are happy. I have two large front, two large rear, and one rear Hahler effect speaker, and a 125w sub. All work for IP radio. When watching a BR with DTS, I go direct. When using my Sony Blu-ray for Pandora or playing 2ch content, I play with the sound. I obviously Bi-Amp. It's a nice AVR. Sound like you are having fun. New toys are fun.

Just wondering how to update the 867 software???
When I go into settings into network settings
It tells me that there is a UPDATE under Advance Update
Where do I find the Advance Update on the 867???JT
post #2536 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Johnnytuinals;20614585]
Quote:

Up top: "Search this thread". Under OnScreen there is an info function that will tell you your current version.
post #2537 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Hey Guys i need some major help here, after reading this thread for a bit i notice some people talkign about the YAMAHA RX-V867 and that it consumes 400watts of power. It got me to thinking so i went and checke my AVR power consumption because i never really thought about it. its a Sony STR-DG820 rated at 770 watts 110Wx7 . its power consumption is only 250 watts while the yamaha is 400 watts and 95W x 7. Being that it has more power consumption would that mean it would actully deliver more power then my old sony ? I just got all new polk speakers from newegg M70's Main , CS2 Center, M30's x4 for surround and Dual PSW505 Subs and they sound great to me. so this yamaha with its 400 watt imput should be a monster compared to my sonys wimpy 250 right ?

post #2538 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 AM

before I return my 667 is there anything I could be missing? I can’t get a pic from any source. but if I don’t go through the receiver I get a pic. it worked for two days. I don’t know if I did something. I should say it was a returned receiver when I bought it.
post #2539 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:

I feel your pain. I as well stumbled my way through the owners manual flipping back and forth through the pages trying to figure out the steps for the firmware update process. Several weeks later I decided to check the firmware level and had to dig through the manual again [arghhhh]. To save myself any future aggravation I creating myself some step by step instructions. It's actually quite simple once you know the steps. ( a whole lot easier than the steps I had to perform when updating my 667)

During this firmware update process don't bother attempting to use your TV or the on screen display. Although there may be information displayed... you'll be performing all the firmware update steps via the display on the front of the receiver. FYI... Although you may have a functioning wireless network... for this firmware update I'd suggest using a hardwired connection just to play it safe. (would be a shame to have the network drop the connection and brick your unit in the process)

FIRMWARE UPDATE STEPS FOR THE YAMAHA RX-V867

Perform all the following steps on the front of your receiver

1) Turn the 867 OFF - NOTE: When the unit is off, this is what Yamaha calls Standby Mode... (only the red LED on the left side of the unit will be glowing)
2) With the unit Off... on the front of the receiver, press and hold in the STRAIGHT button, then... while holding the STRAIGHT button depressed... power the unit on. (i.e, press the button labeled MAIN ZONE).
.... Almost immediately the receiver display will show ADVANCED SETUP (watch carefully as the advanced setup message is only on the display for a few seconds before it will change to SP IMP. 8ohmMIN)
3) Rotate the PROGRAM selector knob until you see FIRM UPDATE in the receiver display
4) Press the INFO button on the front of the receiver
.... Almost immediately the receiver display will show NETWORK UPDATE, ... at this point (if your unit is downlevel) the firmware update process will begin.

NOTE: Be aware the Firmware update takes about 16 minutes. So be patient. DO NOT power down your receiver during the update process. (in fact, just to be safe, I wouldn't do anything with the setup during the update process.) When the firmware update is finished the display will show UPDATE SUCCESS...followed by the message PLEASE POWER OFF

That's it... when you power the unit back on you will be at the current firmware level.
post #2540 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 09:12 AM

I had a bad hdmi cable ..... what a pain in the @**
post #2541 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by football---fan View Post

I had a bad hdmi cable ..... what a pain in the @**

Wow... Cool! Glad you figured it out! Look at the plus side. Although aggravating, at least it was easier than the pain of boxing up the receiver, returning it, and having to buy a new one.
post #2542 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 09:25 AM

Hello....again

I've been playing tag with the RX-V667 and Denon AVR-891. I actualy was leaning toward the Denon when I found out one thing....there are no "user" firmware updates for it (891/2311CI) and below. Not certain a big thing but I see the 667 can be and has been. Just how important are firmware updates?

I get firmware updates for the TV and BR player (both Sony) and ebing a central part of the HT it seems somewhat necessary for bugs and new equipment. None for the Denon and yet , what two for the 667? Am I wrong?

Kenny J
post #2543 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

I get firmware updates for the TV and BR player (both Sony) and ebing a central part of the HT it seems somewhat necessary for bugs and new equipment. None for the Denon and yet , what two for the 667? Am I wrong?

IIRC, the 767, 667 (and 'below') Yamaha AVRs were released to manufacturing before the HDMI 1.4 3D specifications were even finalized! So I'd guess that firmware updates were 'essential'...?!

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

post #2544 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 10:10 AM

Finally made a choice and its.......

The RX-V671....picked up just a few minutes ago off OneCall thru Amazon. They had one listed as "Used-Like New" ...but new open box with all manuals and warranty. They had it listed at $440.00. I had a $70 credit with Amazon so I grabbed it and a wall mount for the TV at the total cost of $405.00! Couldn't pass it up and OneCall is pretty good. Wheeeeew....I'm now relieved and back to some normal business.

Kenny J
post #2545 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post

I feel your pain. I as well stumbled my way through the owners manual flipping back and forth through the pages trying to figure out the steps for the firmware update process. Several weeks later I decided to check the firmware level and had to dig through the manual again [arghhhh]. To save myself any future aggravation I creating myself some step by step instructions. It's actually quite simple once you know the steps. ( a whole lot easier than the steps I had to perform when updating my 667)

During this firmware update process don't bother attempting to use your TV or the on screen display. Although there may be information displayed... you'll be performing all the firmware update steps via the display on the front of the receiver. FYI... Although you may have a functioning wireless network... for this firmware update I'd suggest using a hardwired connection just to play it safe. (would be a shame to have the network drop the connection and brick your unit in the process)

FIRMWARE UPDATE STEPS FOR THE YAMAHA RX-V867

Perform all the following steps on the front of your receiver

1) Turn the 867 OFF - NOTE: When the unit is off, this is what Yamaha calls Standby Mode... (only the red LED on the left side of the unit will be glowing)
2) With the unit Off... on the front of the receiver, press and hold in the STRAIGHT button, then... while holding the STRAIGHT button depressed... power the unit on. (i.e, press the button labeled MAIN ZONE).
.... Almost immediately the receiver display will show ADVANCED SETUP (watch carefully as the advanced setup message is only on the display for a few seconds before it will change to SP IMP. 8ohmMIN)
3) Rotate the PROGRAM selector knob until you see FIRM UPDATE in the receiver display
4) Press the INFO button on the front of the receiver
.... Almost immediately the receiver display will show NETWORK UPDATE, ... at this point (if your unit is downlevel) the firmware update process will begin.

NOTE: Be aware the Firmware update takes about 16 minutes. So be patient. DO NOT power down your receiver during the update process. (in fact, just to be safe, I wouldn't do anything with the setup during the update process.) When the firmware update is finished the display will show UPDATE SUCCESS...followed by the message PLEASE POWER OFF

That's it... when you power the unit back on you will be at the current firmware level.

Thanks for the GREAT advice on my 867 (took 11 mins with Wifi connection}
The software upgrade is Version 2.15
Now I have Pandora and Napster(might have a few other features I don't know abouts}
Anyways how would I save Vtuner stations to the 867?Is there a ways to find the Vtuner serial number so I can use their website?
Thanks for your great advise,,,,another happy 867er ...........JT
post #2546 of 3958 Old 06-25-2011, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the GREAT advice on my 867 (took 11 mins with Wifi connection}
The software upgrade is Version 2.15
Now I have Pandora and Napster(might have a few other features I don't know abouts}
Anyways how would I save Vtuner stations to the 867?Is there a ways to find the Vtuner serial number so I can use their website?
Thanks for your great advise,,,,another happy 867er ...........JT

You don't save the vtuner stations to the V867. You save stations (favorites) on the web site, then you can access them with the V867. There is plenty of help on the web site. You can start with the MAC address, then enable an email address & password. I never use my MAC address. I made a small list of stations and that shows with the V867. I guess this is confusing. Give it time.

There is no vtuner "serial number." It's your V867 MAC address. Go to:

http://yradio.vtuner.com/setupapp/ya...gin/SignIn.asp

Use your MAC address. Updates are displayed on the V867 in (almost) real time.
post #2547 of 3958 Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hello....again

I've been playing tag with the RX-V667 and Denon AVR-891. I actualy was leaning toward the Denon when I found out one thing....there are no "user" firmware updates for it (891/2311CI) and below. Not certain a big thing but I see the 667 can be and has been. Just how important are firmware updates?

Kenny J

Hello Kenny. You can make arguments on both sides of that issue. Of course, an update that gives you a new feature is good. An update that fixes a bug is both good and bad, but it is reality. All CE stuff I have gets updates. Some are easy, some not so much. I have a Sony TV & BR also. Stuff from Panasonic, Toshiba, Magnavox (Funai) all have updates. I mean, my car gets updates. Sometimes an update will cause loss of some function too, so it's best to let others tell you what the update changes whenever possible.

Best update for me would be from Sony if it let me control the stuff on the XBR. I really want to lose some of those items.
post #2548 of 3958 Old 06-26-2011, 03:02 PM

Using my new A700, I'm using an optical cable AND rca wire for zone 2. I'm not sure if I'm plugged into optical 1 or 2. I don't think it really matters. How do I know the optical cable is actually being used while in zone 1? The front of the receiver says "audio 1".
Thanks.

Pat
post #2549 of 3958 Old 06-26-2011, 06:41 PM

Yepppppp
Needed the Mac address and did everything on the Vtuner website.
Nowssss I have many stations saved on the Vtuner website
and able to see them on my 867 just by hitting the Network remote button.
Its better to save hundreds of stations on their website instead of scanning
them each time I want to hear internet music..........Great receiver babyyyy.JT
post #2550 of 3958 Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrev View Post

Using my new A700, I'm using an optical cable AND rca wire for zone 2. I'm not sure if I'm plugged into optical 1 or 2. I don't think it really matters. How do I know the optical cable is actually being used while in zone 1? The front of the receiver says "audio 1".
Thanks.

Pat

I does matter Pat. The front panel displays your active input. Audio 1 is the first RW RCA coax and has no yellow video connection above it. The first optical (from the edge) is AV1. All the ports are labeled, so you must not be able to see the rear anymore? If so, the Yamaha web site has a good picture.

I only have one zone, so I can't help with that.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page