"Official" Pioneer Elite SC-37 - Page 150 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4471 of 4491 Old 07-28-2014, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The forum has been pretty quiet or late, either no one has been having problems or the user base us declining from replacement with newer AVRs.

I hate to tempt fate by posting this, but nothing has been wrong with mine. What is working right is that the phono preamp section is exceptionally good. I am running a high output moving coil cartridge (Denon DL-110) through it and have found that its noise level is extremely low, much better than most preamps, amplifiers and AVRs I have owned over the last 5 decades. With a good LP, the imaging and dynamic range are wonderful. If the internet radio interface were easier to use, it would be nearly perfect for me.

Hope everyone else is trouble-free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4472 of 4491 Old 07-28-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedave View Post
The forum has been pretty quiet or late, either no one has been having problems or the user base us declining from replacement with newer AVRs.

I hate to tempt fate by posting this, but nothing has been wrong with mine. What is working right is that the phono preamp section is exceptionally good. I am running a high output moving coil cartridge (Denon DL-110) through it and have found that its noise level is extremely low, much better than most preamps, amplifiers and AVRs I have owned over the last 5 decades. With a good LP, the imaging and dynamic range are wonderful. If the internet radio interface were easier to use, it would be nearly perfect for me.

Hope everyone else is trouble-free.
Only problem with me is the GUI, But I don't worry about it anymore, Performance wise it's best receiver I've ever had.
post #4473 of 4491 Old 08-06-2014, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I've had my SC-37 for about 6 months now...purchased used. I've had pretty much zero issues. The sound is amazing, I need a bigger room.
post #4474 of 4491 Old 08-06-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocOrange88 View Post
I've had my SC-37 for about 6 months now...purchased used. I've had pretty much zero issues. The sound is amazing, I need a bigger room.
This receiver is just good as seperates it will fill a big room, I have one.
post #4475 of 4491 Old 08-06-2014, 06:29 PM

It's right now powering (3) Behringer B212XL's for my LCR and (4) JBL 8330A's for my surrounds. In a 13X15 room... 125" 1080P also HA! I want to add more subwoofers but I need a house bad. Most of the speakers after being setup are EQ'd down 6-9db for my space.
post #4476 of 4491 Old 08-07-2014, 01:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's right now powering (3) Behringer B212XL's for my LCR and (4) JBL 8330A's for my surrounds. In a 13X15 room... 125" 1080P also HA! I want to add more subwoofers but I need a house bad. Most of the speakers after being setup are EQ'd down 6-9db for my space.
That is small my bedroom is bigger then that my basement 25by28 I'm still using 5 speakers.
post #4477 of 4491 Old 08-07-2014, 08:42 AM

Well. I want the 7 of the 7.1

Most movies are coming out with that today, so I want to hear all that goodness.

My space is tiny for the amount of boom I can push. I really need more space.
post #4478 of 4491 Old 08-07-2014, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well. I want the 7 of the 7.1

Most movies are coming out with that today, so I want to hear all that goodness.

My space is tiny for the amount of boom I can push. I really need more space.
Yeah I have a lot space and a lot work to maintain too and I Bi-amp my fronts.
post #4479 of 4491 Old 08-30-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just bought an Awesome SC 37! I have everything with it as like if it were new. I've been listening to it ,and making comparison with my previous SC1222K. I mean there really isn't much comparison fellows. There is so much more distinction than my previous SC? The Dolby is really clean and distinctive.
This is my question everone? I cannot get my app to work? I go to network setup in my mcacc? It want connect. Its just sitting there buffering? I had no probe with my sc1222k? So I know it's not my wifi,or router ?
Please can anyone help me here guys? I listen to a lot of 2 channel ,and it would b nice to b able to make necessary adjustments as needed when needed?
I'm glad to have joined this thread having transformed from the Pioneer Sc 1222K.
I'm sure that I will learn quiet a bit on here?
Thank u ,and hope to here from someone soon?
James C
post #4480 of 4491 Old 08-31-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Yes the amps are very powerful and detailed. Really no need for a newer receiver unless you want the features and extra channels.

Sorry, I can't answer you question about the app. I've never used it.

home theater addict
post #4481 of 4491 Old 08-31-2014, 05:25 PM

Your really missing out on the app! I thought the same. Its so much convenience it's not even funny. U can adjust everything ,all options for each track if wanted and without blinking! I'm hooked ,and I'm really upset about it! It a in 3d even. Its interactive almost ? I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to reach pioneer? Not looking forward to this!! They have the best AVR. But the worst customer Ser number of any company I know of! I waited 45 min and hung up. 3 days o tried. I never did. Lol. Well I guess I will give up? I've asked on 3 sites . Nothing! No one knows nothing!
post #4482 of 4491 Old 09-01-2014, 03:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsim View Post
Your really missing out on the app! I thought the same. Its so much convenience it's not even funny. U can adjust everything ,all options for each track if wanted and without blinking! I'm hooked ,and I'm really upset about it! It a in 3d even. Its interactive almost ? I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to reach pioneer? Not looking forward to this!! They have the best AVR. But the worst customer Ser number of any company I know of! I waited 45 min and hung up. 3 days o tried. I never did. Lol. Well I guess I will give up? I've asked on 3 sites . Nothing! No one knows nothing!
You got realize that receiver was made in 2010 for sound and video its still the one best receiver you can have.
post #4483 of 4491 Old 09-01-2014, 05:44 AM

Yes ,it's 4 yrs old ,so if I can't get the app functoning? I still have by far one o the best performing AVR on the market now! I've never heard the Dolby sound so distinctive!!! This sc is able to make nearly all the dsp modes actually usable! Usually we have a tendency to use 2 maybe 3 or 4 diff sound modes because the rest suck? Not the case here. I've yet to hear any new avr sound better than my 4yr old sc37! Anyone disagree ,please tell??
By the way . Still searching to remedy the app prob?
Always on a electronic mission.. lol..
Dabsim
saprano likes this.

Last edited by dabsim; 09-01-2014 at 07:56 AM.
post #4484 of 4491 Old 09-01-2014, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsim View Post
Isn't it only for ios?

Do you have the manual? On page 117 and 118 there's a bunch of information on network setup. Maby you can find a solution from reading trough it.

home theater addict

Last edited by saprano; 09-01-2014 at 01:17 PM.
post #4485 of 4491 Old 09-01-2014, 01:23 PM

Thank u for the suggestion. I discovered those pages ,pages 4 days ago. I've rebooted the unit? I've cleaned everything I can on it!
U have to understand that it's like having two parts ,and now your missing one? Sure it still produces wonderful sound without it,but D,it's so convenient !
If anyone out there in this galaxy might have a sliver of an idea to this terrible position I'm in ,let me know??? Lol.
I'm enjoying this step up from my SC1222K. Its really enjoyable! That's the only way I can put it. I've never heard an AVR that's drawn me to that sexy ass sound it produces. Only ,maybe I'm exaggerating??lol.
But u have to agree ,that it does draw u?? Anyone that ownes one ,understands? If he doesn't,he doesn't deserve the right to own it! Or doesn't know what he has? Probably the latter? He just thinks the lights are cool?..
Well I hope to hear?
Dabsim

Last edited by dabsim; 09-01-2014 at 01:27 PM.
post #4486 of 4491 Old 09-02-2014, 11:38 AM

For anyone wanting to know if the Sc37 is android compatable?
Is not capable,unless it's Apple.
I'm going to miss the app?? It looks like I'm getting a cheap iPhone just to work the APP!
Have no choice! I'm hooked! Its so consumer friendly.
post #4487 of 4491 Old 09-02-2014, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes the sound does draw me in. It's very dynamic and clean. The lights are cool too. Haha.

So you still haven't found what could be wrong? Maby check what settings you used with the SC1222K?

home theater addict

Last edited by saprano; 09-02-2014 at 07:26 PM.
post #4488 of 4491 Old 09-08-2014, 02:33 PM

So, what are we going to do to get Atmos?
post #4489 of 4491 Old 09-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Well don't get the iPhone to use the iapp? Pioneer told me that since this was the first app ? Its just the basic functions. Its not like the new system that's in place at the moment.
So no more being able to adjust each song anymore ? Not as simple anyways.
And about Atmos?? Okay they use up to 64 speakers in a imax? I don't think it's going to make that much of a diff from our front height speakers which I do not ever use. I mean ,what's the big deal? I'm not going to run out to buy a system that we can't hardly get already Dolby 2 or etc.. Its no good if there isn't any movies being made with atmos sig?
I'm happy as u all are I'm sure of not switching to another unit that in order to b comparable u would have to get the sc79? 2grand??
Plus ,can't get the ice amp anyways?
However,Pioneer does use the Sabre 2 DAC now on there elite sc line? I guess this is how they replaced ice amp configuration with an excellent dac?
post #4490 of 4491 Old 09-24-2014, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Pioneer selling AV business

The days of Pioneer Elite are numbered, at least as provided by Pioneer. Article at
http://www.audioholics.com/news/onky...-finalize-sale
stating the both Pioneer and Onkyo were selling out to a Hong Kong equity firm, Baring, with Pioneer retaining just the auto and DJ businesses.

Not sure if this means to buy the current models before they all gone or if Baring is going to keep it going with no drop in quality, could go either way. I suspect that the Pioneer and Onkyo lines will soon be combined, but I could be wrong.

First, they stop selling plasmas, now the Elite electronics gear. Soon there will be nothing I want sold by Pioneer.
post #4491 of 4491 Old 09-24-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Actually Baring pulled out and Pioneer is selling to Onkyo IIRC. And I think Pioneer is selling the DJ business, too, just keeping the auto business. For now. Pioneer is a relatively small player so their days may indeed be numbered. Onkyo has said (again IIRC) it plans to retain both lines/names for now; I would expect that to change in the fairly near future unless there are really compelling business reasons to retain Pioneer's brand. Even in that case I suspect we will see one being a rebadged version of the other. Economies of scale and all that jazz.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page