"Official" Pioneer Elite SC-37 - Page 154 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4591 of 4593 Old 04-30-2016, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRadar View Post
You could purchase a video converter to convert to HDMI.
I guess I should add that I was able to view the VCR through the receiver, into my TV, which is through an HDMI cord, which means it is being converted. I just wanted to tweak the settings for how that was done.

BTW - I'm not into VHS at all. But I have several kids tapes, and a two-year-old, so I picked up an inexpensive player to watch them with him. Of course, my wife thinks I'm crazy worrying about the settings, since he will not complain about how it looks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 4593 Old 05-01-2016, 06:51 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendobrazos View Post
I guess I should add that I was able to view the VCR through the receiver, into my TV, which is through an HDMI cord, which means it is being converted. I just wanted to tweak the settings for how that was done.

BTW - I'm not into VHS at all. But I have several kids tapes, and a two-year-old, so I picked up an inexpensive player to watch them with him. Of course, my wife thinks I'm crazy worrying about the settings, since he will not complain about how it looks.

Interesting. I assume that on the remote you set "V. CONV = ON" after pressing the Video Parameters button.
post #4593 of 4593 Old 05-01-2016, 03:24 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRadar View Post
Interesting. I assume that on the remote you set "V. CONV = ON" after pressing the Video Parameters button.
Yes. The receiver was getting the signal from the remote, and I could switch it between "V.CONV=ON" and "V.CONV=OFF," and I could also do that by pushing the Video Parameters button on the receiver. But when set to on, I could not get the various menu options to display on my TV/monitor. And like I said before, I'm pretty sure I was able to view that menu on my TV (same TV BTW) when I first purchased the receiver.

Maybe it's some bug that could be corrected by resetting the system. Also, I do not believe I've ever installed a firmware update, assuming there was one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page