Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnipz View Post

How? Pioneer doesn't have it available online. Did you call the order in? They claim that all Elites are sold in store and not online. Wonder why they told me end of the month when I called last week....hmmm

Our company gets Employee pricing directly from Pioneer. I am surprised as you since I received an email last week saying that it will be shipped the 2nd part of July but the package arrived today. I'll post pictures as soon as I get home. Hopefully they didn't send the wrong receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezaR1 View Post

Our company gets Employee pricing directly from Pioneer. I am surprised as you since I received an email last week saying that it will be shipped the 2nd part of July but the package arrived today. I'll post pictures as soon as I get home. Hopefully they didn't send the wrong receiver.

Nice! Hopefully they didn't send the wrong one. I have to wait...counting the days!
post #63 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mind sharing the employee pricing in a PM?

Crap I got the SC-07 - love it but still haven't done what I want in regards to a remote as my HT is in a different room from the equipment. Have been looking at the iphone irule app and then adding interfaces etc to get the two-way communication. The fact that pioneer has that is GREAT. Might just spend the money and upgrade....... of course cheaper to get the remote sorted out separately, but not as much fun

Now why they didn't do control through wifi / ethernet port is a big question though....
post #64 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post

Mind sharing the employee pricing in a PM?

Now why they didn't do control through wifi / ethernet port is a big question though....

It has PC control through a web browser via ethernet.
post #65 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Jnipz -- just looked it up at ABT and was rushing back here to ask what the heck "PC Web Browser Control" meant

So connect the receiver to the internet (wired I guess) and you can control your receiver throug the web.

In other words if safari compliant I can pull up the controls on the iphone etc.........

Somebody want to buy my SC-07?
post #66 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchris69 View Post

I guess my question is where can I get the SC-37. About 9 years ago I purchased a Pioneer home theater set on sale. Moved it to the Master BR when I purchased a Sony ES 2500 and Bose Accoustimass 16. I like the sound from my Pioneer much better, but it was limited on inputs. So I kept the Sony. Now looking to upgrade everything excpet the speakers. TV and receiver. I like what the SC-37 says, but can't find where to buy? any suggestions?

It's not released till end of the month.

Also, while you're at the upgrade, why don't you do the REAL upgrade and get rid of your Bose!

Pioneer Elite Kuro 111FD, Elite BDP-05FD, Elite 72TXV, B&W 805/XTC/M1.
post #67 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post

Jnipz -- just looked it up at ABT and was rushing back here to ask what the heck "PC Web Browser Control" meant

So connect the receiver to the internet (wired I guess) and you can control your receiver throug the web.

In other words if safari compliant I can pull up the controls on the iphone etc.........

Somebody want to buy my SC-07?

Just to be clear, you connect the receiver to the network in your home and control it from a connected device through it's IP address... basic functionality. And, yes, you could use your iPhone to access it via WiFi and Safari.

There is also a free Pioneer iPhone/iPod application that is two way which gives you volume, source selection, etc... has a couple of "fluff" functions, but for a basic remote it looks promising.
post #68 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 PM

The reason I'm interested in bitstreaming DTS-HD MA from 5.1 to 7.1 is because I have a Sony CX-960 400 disc Blu-ray changer.

In that player if your receiver has a DTS-HD MA decoder Sony has made it so you have to bitstream to get the full DTS-HD MA resolution soundtrack.

It doesn't allow you to switch to PCM.

Most Blu-ray movies are coming out in DTS-HD MA now so that is my dilemma.

I have a 7.1 setup but I can only get 5.1 by bitstreaming.

I can turn on THX mode but it really trims my 200 watt tower speakers with the 300 watt subs in them.

I lose alot of the highs & lows. I was hoping Pioneer would finally let you add Dolby IIx to DTS-HD MA bitstreaming with the SC series.

Most other companies has already done that with their receivers.

Heck even the VSX-9040TXH in the regular Pioneer line I tried out does it. Why not the SC line?

I'd really love to own this receiver but if it doesn't allow Dolby IIx decoding for bitstreaming DTS-HD MA in regular mode I won't be upgrading.
post #69 of 4478 Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 PM

They sent the right one,,
LL
LL
LL
post #70 of 4478 Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 286
^^
Congratulations, RezaR1! You seem to be the 1st!
The burden is on you now to start answering questions

Steve
post #71 of 4478 Old 07-14-2010, 05:32 AM

Sweeet!! I can't wait until they show up locally.
post #72 of 4478 Old 07-14-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezaR1 View Post

That is earlier than I thought. When would you expect the SC-35 to start shipping?
Thank you
post #73 of 4478 Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

Just to be clear, you connect the receiver to the network in your home and control it from a connected device through it's IP address... basic functionality. And, yes, you could use your iPhone to access it via WiFi and Safari.

There is also a free Pioneer iPhone/iPod application that is two way which gives you volume, source selection, etc... has a couple of "fluff" functions, but for a basic remote it looks promising.

I thank you - my wife does not

Seriously the app looks very promising. Hoping for flash responses in the future like you press sound mode and it send confirmation on what mode it is in. Wish this worked with my sc-07. Would pay for an upgrade....
post #74 of 4478 Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrdsith View Post

That is earlier than I thought. When would you expect the SC-35 to start shipping?
Thank you

Both are probably gonna be available at the same time, so SC-35 must be available... NOW!

Pioneer Elite Kuro 111FD, Elite BDP-05FD, Elite 72TXV, B&W 805/XTC/M1.
post #75 of 4478 Old 07-14-2010, 03:08 PM

Went to the Pioneer website and under SC-37 information, it had this posted!
This answers my question as to why my VSX-94 doesn't shut down with 6 ohm speakers, but my SC-25 does! Apparantly, these newer models are more prone to shut downs....

"My AV receiver says OVERLOAD and shuts off, what should I do?
Poor wiring connections, bad wires or a bad speaker may cause this. As you increase the volume, you will increase the amount of current you are drawing from the receiver. To troubleshoot this issue, try the following:

1.Disconnect each speaker wire connection. Inspect for any frayed or damaged wiring and replace it.
2.Check the impedance of the speakers; make sure they are properly rated for your stereo. In most cases, they need to be 8 ohms. Only a few Pioneer receivers will support lower impedance.
3.If the problem still continues, try these steps:
1.Turn the receiver off.
2.Remove one speaker.
3.Turn the receiver on.
4.Increase the volume.
If the receiver overloads, repeat steps 1-4 (selecting a different speaker each time). If you disconnect a certain speaker and the receiver no longer overloads, have this speaker checked at a service center. It could have a bad speaker component, like a tweeter, sub-woofer, or even a bad crossover."
post #76 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 AM

Liked: 11
Well here is the email I received from Pioneer regarding the DACS in the New SC-37. Looks like I will be purchasing the SC-27 instead...

It uses the Texas Instruments (TI) DAC's.

Thank You,

David
Customer Service Representative

--Original Message--
Date: 07/14/10
To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com
Subject: Feature and Specification|A00001|5047311789[#1313820]

FirstName:Jason
LastName:Trosclair
Email:Jason.Trosclair@nfl.com
Address:5800 Airline Drive
City:Metairie
State:LA
Zip:70003
Phone:5047311789
Inquiry Type:Feature and Specification
lstPublishers:0001
lstTitles:A00001
Inquiry:Interested in the New SC-37 but need to know if Pioneer will be using Wolfsen DACS similiar the ones found in the older SC-27?

This information will help make my decision.
post #77 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTNT View Post

Well here is the email I received from Pioneer regarding the DACS in the New SC-37. Looks like I will be purchasing the SC-27 instead...

It uses the Texas Instruments (TI) DAC's.

Thank You,

David
Customer Service Representative

--Original Message--
Date: 07/14/10
To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com
Subject: Feature and Specification|A00001|5047311789[#1313820]

FirstName:Jason
LastName:Trosclair
Email:Jason.Trosclair@nfl.com
Address:5800 Airline Drive
City:Metairie
State:LA
Zip:70003
Phone:5047311789
Inquiry Type:Feature and Specification
lstPublishers:0001
lstTitles:A00001
Inquiry:Interested in the New SC-37 but need to know if Pioneer will be using Wolfsen DACS similiar the ones found in the older SC-27?

This information will help make my decision.

Do you think you would be able to hear a difference between Burr-Brown DAC's as compared to the Wolfson's? I also think that it is possible that this individual does not know the difference between the DSP's and the DAC's. TI has been providing the DSP's for many CE's for years, It is also possible when the final specs are released for the 37 that they will indeed still be using the Wolfson DAC's. If not the Burr Browns are just as good.
post #78 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 AM

RezaR1 can you confirm that the SC-37 still doesn't allow you to matrix the rear surround with the back surrounds while bitstreaming a DTS-HD MA soundtrack without using the THX mode?

Thanks for your reply.
post #79 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 View Post

Do you think you would be able to hear a difference between Burr-Brown DAC's as compared to the Wolfson's? I also think that it is possible that this individual does not know the difference between the DSP's and the DAC's. TI has been providing the DSP's for many CE's for years, It is also possible when the final specs are released for the 37 that they will indeed still be using the Wolfson DAC's. If not the Burr Browns are just as good.

+1
Typical Pioneer customer service.

OPPO BETA GROUP
post #80 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 11:24 AM

Typical customer service for every business in the world today. Besides McIntosh, do any of these other companies actually take pride in their products? I guess along with the crap music we are being served these days manufacturers figure why bother.

Jason
post #81 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Typical customer service for every business in the world today. Besides McIntosh, do any of these other companies actually take pride in their products? I guess along with the crap music we are being served these days manufacturers figure why bother.

Jason

You are correct. It's that way with anything you buy. It seems the more it cost the worse the customer service. Go buy a new cell phone, spend a small fortune for it and then have to deal with some fool across the country or world when you have a problem with it. And don't drop the thing and think you'll be getting a new replacement for it. A refurb.
post #82 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone View Post

Went to the Pioneer website and under SC-37 information, it had this posted!
This answers my question as to why my VSX-94 doesn't shut down with 6 ohm speakers, but my SC-25 does! Apparantly, these newer models are more prone to shut downs....

"My AV receiver says OVERLOAD and shuts off, what should I do?
Poor wiring connections, bad wires or a bad speaker may cause this. As you increase the volume, you will increase the amount of current you are drawing from the receiver. To troubleshoot this issue, try the following:

1.Disconnect each speaker wire connection. Inspect for any frayed or damaged wiring and replace it.
2.Check the impedance of the speakers; make sure they are properly rated for your stereo. In most cases, they need to be 8 ohms. Only a few Pioneer receivers will support lower impedance.
3.If the problem still continues, try these steps:
1.Turn the receiver off.
2.Remove one speaker.
3.Turn the receiver on.
4.Increase the volume.
If the receiver overloads, repeat steps 1-4 (selecting a different speaker each time). If you disconnect a certain speaker and the receiver no longer overloads, have this speaker checked at a service center. It could have a bad speaker component, like a tweeter, sub-woofer, or even a bad crossover."

94 will shutdown too if you overload it. The difference is that 94 has a higher power output and hence takes a heavier load. IMHO, in the new SC series, SC-07/27 is about the same level as Elite 92. There is no equivelent in the new SCs to 94 which is a level up from Elite 92.
post #83 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Jason

I can name several that I deal or have dealt with that have excellent customer service and take pride in their products.

OPPO Digital
Definitive Technology
Magnepan
MonoPrice
Transparent Audio
PS Audio

OPPO BETA GROUP
post #84 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpendicular View Post

I can name several that I deal or have dealt with that have excellent customer service and take pride in their products.

OPPO Digital
Definitive Technology
Magnepan
MonoPrice
Transparent Audio
PS Audio

I've only dealt with two of these(Oppo and Monoprice) and you are correct with these two for sure. But these are rare and certainly not the norm.
post #85 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Ha, Def Tech! Are you kidding? How much space do I have and how many pictures of examples of poor build quality may I upload?

I think you missed the point, sure I can get someone on the phone at Def Tech but will they do anything about it and besides I should not have to call them in the first place because of poor build quality on EVERY SINGLE PEICE OF EQUIPMENT that I have purchased from them. Maybe its just me, maybe I simply have the worst luck.

Let me know when you want the book written including photos.

Jason
post #86 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 PM

and Oppo? Does your AC plug actually stay connected to their Blu-Ray player? Mine sure as hell doesn't. and after reading this forum I know for a fact that I am not the only one.

As for the other Manufacturers, I simply cannot comment as I live in New Orleans and do not have much to choose from.

Jason
post #87 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

and Oppo? Does your AC plug actually stay connected to their Blu-Ray player? Mine sure as hell doesn't. and after reading this forum I know for a fact that I am not the only one.

As for the other Manufacturers, I simply cannot comment as I live in New Orleans and do not have much to choose from.

Jason

????

I have an Oppo BDP-83, hopefully to be connected soon to an SC-37, it hasn't had a problem with the power cord - what's the issue?
post #88 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM

I bought the unit when it was first released. Hopefully, with all the complaints, it was fixed prior to your purchase. Basically, the AC connection at the back of the Oppo unit is very loose. If I move the BD83 slightly (i.e. to clean/ dust the unit), there is good chance that the cord will fall out from the back. I first noticed this when the unit would not power on after a week of using it. I thought it was just my luck and that the Oppo was broken already. I soon discovered the issue with the cord. I still have the BD83 and love it but this is another case of poor craftmenship.

You can search the issue under the BD83 thread.

Jason
post #89 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I bought the unit when it was first released. Hopefully, with all the complaints, it was fixed prior to your purchase. Basically, the AC connection at the back of the Oppo unit is very loose. If I move the BD83 slightly (i.e. to clean/ dust the unit), there is good chance that the cord will fall out from the back. I first noticed this when the unit would not power on after a week of using it. I thought it was just my luck and that the Oppo was broken already. I soon discovered the issue with the cord. I still have the BD83 and love it but this is another case of poor craftmenship.

You can search the issue under the BD83 thread.

Jason

Dude you are jinxed. I've had no problems whatsoever with my BDP-83. You sure you didn't buy your stuff from the roadside after Katrina. Def-Tech, Oppo,Pioneer Elite. You are not invited to my house.
post #90 of 4478 Old 07-15-2010, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Is it confirmed (besides jasons post) that the new elites will be using burr-brown DAC's instead of wolfson?

If true, whats the reason for the change, is BB cheaper?

home theater addict
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page