Need some advice and possible Marantz mm9000 sell. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-30-2010, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My Pioneer VSX-1018 has an issue with the HDMI 2 port. None of my hdmi cables are secure when you plug them in and it's very loose. HDMI 1 is semi loose but still shows picture fine and sound. BDP port is fine.

Now, the new receivers pioneer has do not have analog outputs. I may not need analog anymore but I have an Marantz mm9000 amplifier that I have used forever and still going strong.

If I can get a new receiver with analog ouput for a reasonable price I'm willing to get a new one. However, I'm willing to part ways of my Marantz to a new owner to help pay for a new receiver. I'd get a switch but many switches do not guarantee success.

I know someone out there would like to have this amp. If I have to get rid of it to get an newer receiver then that's what I'll do. If anyone is interested them let me know.

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-01-2010, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 325
If the same cable seats tightly in a different input socket, then you do need to consider getting the AVR repaired or replaced. If they're all somewhat loose, then you should consider evaluating cables made with connectors from different suppliers. Although there shouldn't be, there's enough variation in manufacturing sizes to cause these kinds of problems.

Selden
post #3 of 5 Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 14
Well I somewhat was able to get the port working but it is still loose and I don't know how much longer. It probalby wouldn't be worth it to get it repaired.

I wonder how much my Marantz mm9000 amp would go for? I'm sure someone would make sure it would be used to it's fullest potential.

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

post #4 of 5 Old 07-03-2010, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 325
A quick search of ebay or audiogon would give you an estimate (I found them available at ~$450). Personally, I'd replace the AVR with one with preamp outputs (or with a pre/pro) instead.

Selden
post #5 of 5 Old 07-10-2010, 08:29 PM

Liked: 10
amb, i don't think you will get a receiver with a better amp section than the mm9000. i would tell you to keep your amp and then get an amp with the options you want with pre-outs like Selden said.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page