New Onkyo TX-NR5008 & TX-NR3008 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Orangevee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs4000 View Post

I'm considering buying either the 1008 or the 3008 model by Onkyo

Hi,

Honestly, the 1008 and 3008 are two completely different beasts.

Although the 1008 is a nice machine, the 3008 is higher-end.

First of all, in the video processing department, the upgraded HQV Reon VX chip on the 3008 is much better than the Faroudja DCDi Cinema chip found on the 1008. If you listen to alot of 1080i or lower content (DVDs, cable/sat, etc) then you might want to invest in that better processing power.

In the audio department, there's an even bigger difference between both receivers, the main one being THX certification.

Considering you say you have a small room, than the 1008 should be sufficient (Select2 Plus rating).

In a room 3,000 cubic feet or more, I would say for sure to grab the 3008 hands down.

On the 3008, you get less THD (harmonic distorsion) than on the 1008 (0.08% vs 0.05%) meaning cleaner signals.

Finally, another great feature on the 3008 is the addition of the all-new MultEQ XT32 speaker calibration system, where the 1008 "only" comes with MultEQ XT (still awesome though!).

So basically it boils down to just how much those extra goodies are worth to your eyes.

At low volume, both receivers should pretty much output an identical sound quality in my opinion.

Anyone you choose will be a great buy!
Orangevee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
sterryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs4000 View Post

Hi guys,

I'm considering buying either the 1008 or the 3008 model by Onkyo and running a 9.2 surround sound system using wides + heights + 2 powered subwoofers (they will be using the pre-outs of course). Of course, C, L, R and L& R Surr as well.

I already have the speakers -- wides/heights/L/R/C/Surr's are rated 80 watts (though they can peak higher than that by a good margin) / 6 ohms / 86dB sensitivity.

I usually listen at moderate to low volume levels in a rather small room, with Audyssey Volume engaged and set to Medium. I think this would tend to reduce the potential for large spikes in volume/current, so this is germane.

That's a lot of speakers, and I'm aware that most receivers, certainly Onkyos budget and mid-range receivers, lose a great deal of per channel power as one adds speakers.

Given my situation, I suspect the 1008 would probably suit me just fine. But I value your opinions as well of course. If the extra two amps in the 3008 would have an appreciable impact, given the above context, I'd love to know that before I buy.

Thank you so much if you can spare a few moments to help me think this through. :-)

the 1008 cannot run the wides/heights simultaneously whereas the 3008 can
sterryo is offline  
post #273 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
chs4000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterryo View Post

the 1008 cannot run the wides/heights simultaneously whereas the 3008 can

From the manual, page 26, what do you suppose this implies?

Quote:


Press RECEIVER followed by SP LAYOUT
repeatedly.
■9.1 ch playback
��Speaker Layout:SB/FH:
The sounds from surround back and front high
speakers are output by priority.
��Speaker Layout:SB/FW:
The sounds from surround back and front wide
speakers are output by priority.
��Speaker Layout:FH/FW:
The sounds from front high and front wide
speakers are output by priority.

■7.1 ch playback
��Speaker Layout:SB:
The sound from surround back speakers is output
by priority.
��Speaker Layout:FH:
The sound from front high speakers is output
by priority.
��Speaker Layout:FW:
The sound from front wide speakers is output
by priority.

Also, page 37, page 41 footnote #11, and perhaps a couple other say pretty clearly this is possible in the 1008: L/R, LH/RH, LW/RW, Center, Left & Right Surrounds, all at the same time putting out audio via Audyssey DSX.
chs4000 is offline  
post #274 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 03:39 AM
Newbie
 
foreroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello everybody im very interested in this toppic,i stoped my order for onkyo tx-nr 3008 thanks to this thread..until onkyo resolve this problem


sterryo

onkyo tx nr1008 have`not multi eq xt,this have only audysey multieq,this a mistake in the webside of onkyo,1008 have not dsd this is important if you listen sacd,(PCM1690 and PCM1789)vs 1796(3008)8.7 amp vs 11.6 in the power consumption

sorry for my english is really basic


regards and thanks for this thread
foreroman is offline  
post #275 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
homank76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Korea, USAF
Posts: 662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
3008 all the way.

Panasonic TC-P58S2, Onkyo TX-NR1007, Onkyo DV-SP1000, Onkyo DV-HD805, Onkyo BD-SP807, Onkyo DX-V801, Onkyo UP-A1, Onkyo TA-RW411, Onkyo EQ-201, Yamaha Speakers NS700/750 Series, Blue Jean Cables
homank76 is offline  
post #276 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Newbie
 
foreroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
for jmalto the temperature is better in this model or is the same that the 3007?


thank you
foreroman is offline  
post #277 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Shouldn't be much difference, because most of the hardware is (almost ?) identical to the 3007, except the HDMI board.
gurkey is offline  
post #278 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Newbie
 
foreroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post

Shouldn't be much difference, because most of the hardware is (almost ?) identical to the 3007, except the HDMI board.

few people that have the models xxx8 are saying that in the new models onkyo included a fan extra inside, im speaking of the models 1008,808,708,608 but I dont know about 3008 and 5008.
foreroman is offline  
post #279 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Member
 
scottd327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: mechanicsburg, pa
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I received my 5008 yesterday; beautiful build quality. Love the GUI menus - very easy to set-up. However, I ran the Audyssey and confirmed it has the issue. All dialogue sounds like it is coming through a tunnel. With EQ turned off, it is acceptable, but I know from past experience with ARC and Audyssey that my speakers can sound much better with proper EQ. Hopefully, the firmware arrives quickly or I might consider returning the 5008.

Scott
scottd327 is offline  
post #280 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
All of the "big boys" do have two fans installed, one on each side angled appr. 45°. They usually are only active, if the internal temperatures at the heat sink get above appr. 50°C, depending on the individual loads / currents.
Mine where never running....

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreroman View Post

few people that have the models xxx8 are saying that in the new models onkyo included a fan extra inside, im speaking of the models 1008,808,708,608 but I don't know about 3008 and 5008.

gurkey is offline  
post #281 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hello from Holland !
Posts: 1,236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 25
To keep the story short, i wanted to buy a INTEGRA 70.2 (with the new XT32).
I mentioned the XT32 problems two days ago to the Integra dealer and he told me he would contact the Integra Impoter.
He also told me that Integra models came on the market after Onkyo to be shure problems are not a part of Integra so he was confidence Integra .2 series are ok and free of problems............

Called him today as the 70.2 would be in his store today but the only thing in his store was the Integra impoter !
All the Onkyo x008 models and Integra .2 models are being shipped back to Onkyo Europe and a selling stop for the x008 models and Integra .2 is in place at this moment in Holland.

So i do think they will wake up in Japan and hopefull can correct the XT32 problem with a FW update, if not who knows what will happen.
I wanted to buy the more expenceive Integra to be shure problems are filtered out before sale but at this stage Integra seems to be a overpriced Onkyo.....
CBdicX is offline  
post #282 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Orangevee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After calling three different technical support assistants and having all three at Onkyo not even aware of the Audyssey issue, I decided to write to Onkyo USA.

Here was their response:

Thank You for contacting Onkyo USA Product Support.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your email. We are experiencing a heavy volume of inquiries. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
We are currently working on a firmware update to resolve this issue in the units that are affected. We are working with Audyssey and Japan to resolve this issue via firmware.
Also not all units are defective only a small percentage are. Unfortunately we do not have a date when the firmware will actually be released but I would not expect too long of a wait.
Orangevee is offline  
post #283 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
There is no real difference between an Integra and an Onkyo AVR except for some design differences and features.
Its two different marketing lines for the specialists and the general market. Quality and component selections are practically identical, coming from the same manufacturing lines.
The same holds true for the firmware: some small differences but in general the same code just for cost reasons. As such they will share the same set of problems.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post

To keep the story short, i wanted to buy a INTEGRA 70.2 (with the new XT32).
I mentioned the XT32 problems two days ago to the Integra dealer and he told me he would contact the Integra Impoter.
He also told me that Integra models came on the market after Onkyo to be shure problems are not a part of Integra so he was confidence Integra .2 series are ok and free of problems............

Called him today as the 70.2 would be in his store today but the only thing in his store was the Integra impoter !
All the Onkyo x008 models and Integra .2 models are being shipped back to Onkyo Europe and a selling stop for the x008 models and Integra .2 is in place at this moment in Holland.

So i do think they will wake up in Japan and hopefull can correct the XT32 problem with a FW update, if not who knows what will happen.
I wanted to buy the more expenceive Integra to be shure problems are filtered out before sale but at this stage Integra seems to be a overpriced Onkyo.....

gurkey is offline  
post #284 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ctviggen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee View Post

Hi,

Honestly, the 1008 and 3008 are two completely different beasts.

Although the 1008 is a nice machine, the 3008 is higher-end.

First of all, in the video processing department, the upgraded HQV Reon VX chip on the 3008 is much better than the Faroudja DCDi Cinema chip found on the 1008. If you listen to alot of 1080i or lower content (DVDs, cable/sat, etc) then you might want to invest in that better processing power.

In the audio department, there's an even bigger difference between both receivers, the main one being THX certification.

Considering you say you have a small room, than the 1008 should be sufficient (Select2 Plus rating).

In a room 3,000 cubic feet or more, I would say for sure to grab the 3008 hands down.

On the 3008, you get less THD (harmonic distorsion) than on the 1008 (0.08% vs 0.05%) meaning cleaner signals.

Finally, another great feature on the 3008 is the addition of the all-new MultEQ XT32 speaker calibration system, where the 1008 "only" comes with MultEQ XT (still awesome though!).

So basically it boils down to just how much those extra goodies are worth to your eyes.

At low volume, both receivers should pretty much output an identical sound quality in my opinion.

Anyone you choose will be a great buy!

What if you have an external video processor and would use a maximum of two channels of the amplifiers in the receiver? Is the 1008/1007 similar enough to the 3008/3007 to avoid buying the higher end model?

Bob
ctviggen is offline  
post #285 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ctviggen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen View Post

What if you have an external video processor and would use a maximum of two channels of the amplifiers in the receiver? Is the 1008/1007 similar enough to the 3008/3007 to avoid buying the higher end model?

And I also wouldn't run both wides and heights at the same time.

Bob
ctviggen is offline  
post #286 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ctviggen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Answered my own question. I can get a refurbished 3007 for the price of a new 1007, so I'd get the 3007 instead. I don't seen the benefit to the 1008/3008, so I'd likely save money.

Bob
ctviggen is offline  
post #287 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Orangevee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen View Post

Answered my own question. I can get a refurbished 3007 for the price of a new 1007, so I'd get the 3007 instead. I don't seen the benefit to the 1008/3008, so I'd likely save money.

The 3007 is an awesome unit, and can be purchased for awesome prices right now...

But I feel that the new MultEQ XT32 (available only in new 3008/5008 series) is worth while. That's a great piece of sound engineering right there...

Anyone you choose will give you awesome results.
Orangevee is offline  
post #288 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hello from Holland !
Posts: 1,236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee View Post

The 3007 is an awesome unit, and can be purchased for awesome prices right now...

But I feel that the new MultEQ XT32 (available only in new 3008/5008 series) is worth while. That's a great piece of sound engineering right there...

Anyone you choose will give you awesome results.

Well, do not step in the XT32 train just yet, first let Audyssey/Onkyo get a FW fix.

I owned the 3007 for 8 month, and here some negative points:

1) my unit had the "static noise" problem and could not be fixed !
2) Mute clicks when a song changed while playing from USB.
3) clicks in general on every audio mode change.

PS. do the x008 series have the mute clicks on USB play and audio mode change clicks also, or is this solved ?
CBdicX is offline  
post #289 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 2,861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangevee View Post

On the 31st of August, folks at Audyssey were investigating into the reported issue and Chris K. stated that there was a firmware bug affecting the first batches of Onkyo TX-NR3008/5008s produced.

So if the issue only affects the FIRST batch then, is there a second batch of AVRs in the pipeline that are not affected? If so, and the issue is only firmware related then the firmware fix should come rather quickly in my opinion.


Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

Oppo BDP-105, Denon DVD-5910CI, Cambridge 752BD, Cambridge 640C V2

Paradigm Signature S8, Paradigm Signature ADP1

Paradigm Signature ADP3, Paradigm Signature C5

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Oppo BDP-93, BDP-103D, Pioneer BDP-320

Sony BDP-S790

bakerwi is offline  
post #290 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
chs4000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen View Post

And I also wouldn't run both wides and heights at the same time.

Why not?
chs4000 is offline  
post #291 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Member
 
Shnapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post

So if the issue only affects the FIRST batch then, is there a second batch of AVRs in the pipeline that are not affected? If so, and the issue is only firmware related then the firmware fix should come rather quickly in my opinion.


Willie


I've asked this question already in either this thread or the Audyssey thread. I think there just wagging the dog to buy time... If it only affected first run units then the FW update should be available now. What else could have fixed the units in the next consecutive run? I don't think there is a second run of units coming off the line. I think they have either stopped production until they fix the problem or Onkyo has halted shipping any units until the fix is finalized.. I have worked for so many places Motorola GEG, Pitney Bowes, K-tron, Honeywell etc etc.. It's very easy to switch production and run another batch down the line until the 3008/5008 problem is fixed. Unfortunately we the consumer that bought the first batch are the guinea pigs LOL!
Shnapper is offline  
post #292 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
mcsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rowlett, Tx.
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs4000 View Post

Why not?

I would like to know the answer to this too. I also saw somewhere that you could run high and wide together but at the expense of not getting surround back?! I look at the manual for the 3/5008 and it seems to imply to me that high and wide cannot run at the same time, but they can be hooked up at the same time; yet there is no place in a GUI to select that you are using one over the other. How about with the pre-outs? can you trick it into decoding and using both by having an external amp for one and not the other?

I'm lost and i went and bought 11 speakers for a setup like this (4 are in the attic waiting for me to pull the trigger on a new receiver someday).
mcsoul is offline  
post #293 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
chs4000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi mcsoul,

You can adjust speaker layout with a button on the remote, and I think somewhere in the on-screen setup as well, on these receivers.

Edit: actually, you're talking about the 3008/5008 -- I haven't seen their manuals. I would make the assumption that a feature that the 1008 has would be replicated in the 3008/5008. The 1008 can quite clearly have wides + highs enabled at the same exact moment.
chs4000 is offline  
post #294 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Newbie
 
foreroman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen View Post

And I also wouldn't run both wides and heights at the same time.


if you dont need,3d,multichanel high and wide at the same time,the model tx-nr808 is the same to tx nr1008 the diference is one extra hdmi out put and two amplifier more,the diference between tx.nr 1008 and tx-nr1007 is a lot,is a lot better tx-nr1007

pros
tx nr1007

audysey xt


thx ultra

10 pounds more heavy

thd 005%

dsd(pcm 1796 all chanels)

contra

hdmi 1.3

more hot

pros
tx-nr 1008

hdmi 1.4

contra

audysey multieq

thx select 2 plus

thd 008%

no dsd(pcm 1690 and 1789)




is more easy deside between tx-nr3008 and 3007 for the xt 32 audysey
at least when is working
foreroman is offline  
post #295 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
mcsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rowlett, Tx.
Posts: 745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs4000 View Post

Hi mcsoul,

You can adjust speaker layout with a button on the remote, and I think somewhere in the on-screen setup as well, on these receivers.

Edit: actually, you're talking about the 3008/5008 -- I haven't seen their manuals. I would make the assumption that a feature that the 1008 has would be replicated in the 3008/5008. The 1008 can quite clearly have wides + highs enabled at the same exact moment.

I'm looking at page 40 of the 5008 manual here:

http://63.148.251.135/redirect_servi...008_En_web.pdf

And indeed you can run both, but at the expense of surround backs. Only
9.2 at any given time. It looks by that chart there could be no external
amp workaround for 11.2
mcsoul is offline  
post #296 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Audiodork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Siesta Key, Florida
Posts: 2,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreroman View Post

if you dont need,3d,multichanel high and wide at the same time,the model tx-nr808 is the same to tx nr1008 the diference is one extra hdmi out put and two amplifier more,the diference between tx.nr 1008 and tx-nr1007 is a lot,is a lot better tx-nr1007

pros
tx nr1007

audysey xt


thx ultra

10 pounds more heavy

thd 005%

dsd(pcm 1796 all chanels)

contra

hdmi 1.3

more hot

pros
tx-nr 1008

hdmi 1.4

contra

audysey multieq

thx select 2 plus

thd 008%

no dsd(pcm 1690 and 1789)




is more easy deside between tx-nr3008 and 3007 for the xt 32 audysey
at least when is working

If deciding between the 1007, 1008 and 808, I would absolutely go with the 1007. If only to have Audyssey MultEQ XT. However, the 1007 has a stronger Amplifier section than the other 2 as well. So long as 3D is not important, I really think the 1007 is a no brainer.
Cheers,
AD

Radio Shack SPL Meter Owner
Audiodork is offline  
post #297 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Orangevee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
As of the 9th of September, I got a confirmation from Chris K. at Audyssey that they have tested the "final" firmware from Onkyo and everything seemed ok. The engineers at Audyssey worked all day and night yesterday testing the FW from Onkyo.

However, Onkyo is now also testing this on units to make sure everything goes smoothly.

So Onkyo still doesn't have an idea on when they will release the FW update... But at least we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully.
Orangevee is offline  
post #298 of 8697 Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Member
 
jebbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just received the Onkyo TX-NR5008 I'm liking the weight of this receiver(over 50#) this tells me that the audio is separated from the video processors. The gold plating is a nice touch. I will be unboxing this "baby" in the next few days will share my experience. Just a financial note this buy was much less than the msrp. and free shipping it was an irresistable purchase.
jebbj is offline  
post #299 of 8697 Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CBdicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hello from Holland !
Posts: 1,236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Can someone please confirm if the x008 has "mute clicks" during USB playback ?
I had a 3007 and it had mute clicks between songs, a very bad thing to hear a (soft) click on a sillent part........
The clicks are exact the same as when you use the mute button on the remote....
Please confirm

THX
CBdicX is offline  
post #300 of 8697 Old 09-10-2010, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Wasn't that "clicking" issue not something related to missing default settings in the audio part of the setup per input / per mode ?
gurkey is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off