New Onkyo TX-NR5008 & TX-NR3008 - Page 290 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #8671 of 8674 Old 08-18-2014, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I purchased the Onkyo TX-NR5008 from Newegg in September of 2010 knowing that this receiver would deliver great sound for years to come. What a shocker when connecting the Onkyo TX-NR5008 no sound from my Martin Logan Aerius i's that I treasured for years. After thoroughly checking connections resetting the receiver I was persuaded by a Onkyo tech to drive it to the nearest shop for diagnosis. They kept the receiver a month and found no apparent problems. The receiver did work after connection. However I knew it had to be a problem. With the device working let well enough alone. However over the next few years I watched this forum and noticed the problems with the hdmi boards begin to appear. My problem began anew just about every 4 or 5 months no sound or intermittent audio. Finally no sound and greyed out menus started to appear. Which meant I could not conect to the internet or receive updates. This was insane. I called Onkyo which is now 4 years later and expected to hear the worse. To my shock and awe I was instructed to be patient while they would send me a postage free box to ship my unit to Onkyo for repair. I'm in a state of shock! Proactive customer service exists...will keep you all updated on the progression. Any comments with similar experience would be appreciated. Please keep the FORUM alive it is a major help. No problem is too small or too large that cannot be shared.

Last edited by jebbj; 08-18-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8672 of 8674 Old 09-09-2014, 02:53 PM

Follow-UP

Just receive the Onkyo tx-nr5008 on Friday 09/05/2014 and am in the process of reconnection. Speedy return.
I did notice that the sound is now being emitted will soon have all devices connected and will give a full report.
post #8673 of 8674 Old 09-12-2014, 06:01 AM

Smile Onkyo TX-NR5008 In Service

To whom it may concern my Onkyo TX-NR5008 has been returned to active duty. The hdmi board has been replaced and the osd, internet access and radio features are back online. Thanks to ONKYO customer care and repair for taking good care of my needs for service.
post #8674 of 8674 Old 09-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quick return from Onkyo for a one time honoring of out of warranty warranty service. Back up and wondering how long hdmi board will last this time around.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page