New Onkyo TX-NR5008 & TX-NR3008 - Page 291 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8701 of 8703 Old 03-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6260 Post(s)
Liked: 3019
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Feeding my 3008 with an Oppo 103. Tried putting in Dark Side of the Moon SACD tonight, no sound. Flashes the hdmi input then goes to analog and no sound. If I set the Oppo to output auto/pcm, then I get sound. I had it set to output DSD before and no problems. What am I missing here?
AFAIK, DSD bitstream only works on HDMI 2 on 103 as opposed to either output on 103D.

"JD" - Sales - Call 585-645-1006 for setup and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, Parasound, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Sponsored Links
post #8702 of 8703 Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Thanks, I will see if that is it.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" Screen~Onkyo TX-NR3008(Pre/Pro)
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Oppo BDP-103 ~ Xbox One
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0ic (center) ~ Veritas 2.1(Front Wides)
Energy RC-70 & CAT Tiburons(Surrounds)~ Sub 15" Diamond Audio Technology-iNuke 6000
post #8703 of 8703 Old 10-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Issue with Composite and Component --> HDMI

Hi everyone,

I have a TX-NR5008 and am having an issue with converting Composite or Component to HDMI output. All of my other sources are HDMI, so I currently don't have any component/composite devices. I picked up a wii cheap for the kids and am having an issue getting to to output over HDMI. The Onkyo manual states this is possible, but it won't work with any settings I try. I can connect the Wii just fine via composite or component directly to the TV. Then I tried using the composite inputs on the front (AUX) and I get sound but blue screen. OSD menus work. Connecting component to the GAME inputs and setting the mapping to IN3, same issue. I've tried with both the 480i and 480p settings in the Wii.

This unit has had the HDMI board replaced twice already. Is this a sign that it's failing again? I wouldn't think the HDMI board handled the conversion (would think that would be a separate video processor), but I'm at a loss here.

I've ordered an HDMI converter for the Wii, so hopefully that will be an ok workaround, but I'd still like to fix the issue.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page