Marantz SR5005 / Marantz SR6005 HDMI V1.4 ABT AV Receiver Owners' Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum
First ... 19  20  21 22  23  ... Last
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Marantz SR5005 / Marantz SR6005 HDMI V1.4 ABT AV Receiver Owners' Thread
flyingvfreak's Avatar flyingvfreak 08:06 PM 02-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynexit View Post

I see you have one of those Power conditioners... Are they worth the money?
I was looking at the one you have (open box) but couldn't decide. Thanks.

absolutely, that was probably the best purchase I made, It is a Power Supply, Voltage Regulator,Conditioner,Filter It is a Must have for any system, I think I paid $300 NIB off ebay!!

Frank_K's Avatar Frank_K 05:13 AM 02-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvfreak View Post

absolutely, that was probably the best purchase I made, It is a Power Supply, Voltage Regulator,Conditioner,Filter It is a Must have for any system, I think I paid $300 NIB off ebay!!

Which model conditioner do you have? I couldn't pick it out on the picture.
flyingvfreak's Avatar flyingvfreak 01:00 PM 02-15-2012
its a Panamax M5300-pm,, Great Piece of Gear!!
flyingvfreak's Avatar flyingvfreak 05:37 PM 02-15-2012
Ok , I just picked up 3.5 mm Mono Cable from the Shack plugged from Recv to back of H & K Amp and all is good So far no smoke or issues..I had to turn on AMP into on position, Lite went from red too Orange when 12 volt Active then Green when Recv turns it on , there is also a 2 second delay..Now I dont have to get off Couch
lulimet's Avatar lulimet 08:18 PM 02-15-2012
That's funny, I also bought a cable today and hooked it up and it works as it should. No more switching the amp on manually.
Patrick1229's Avatar Patrick1229 03:03 PM 02-23-2012
What do you people think about coupling a emotiva xpa 3 to compliment my Sr5005?

Mine had problems, 2 in month but it has been really solid since the last repair.
I got a 5.1 system using bic America dv64's as mains, a bic dv62clrs as a center and Polk rm6751's as surrounds. Would the amp increase the.sq? Am thinking of getting some aperion verus grand fronts.
ccotenj's Avatar ccotenj 05:24 PM 02-23-2012
^^^

no... unless you are driving your avr into protection mode, it won't make any difference...
nathan_h's Avatar nathan_h 06:05 PM 02-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick1229 View Post

What do you people think about coupling a emotiva xpa 3 to compliment my Sr5005?

Mine had problems, 2 in month but it has been really solid since the last repair.
I got a 5.1 system using bic America dv64's as mains, a bic dv62clrs as a center and Polk rm6751's as surrounds. Would the amp increase the.sq? Am thinking of getting some aperion verus grand fronts.

Are you running out of power? At loud levels does it sound "harsh", ie, worse than lower levels (compression, like there is less difference between subtle elements in music, then a little higher clipping, then a little higher and you hit protection mode and find it turning itself off, if you go really far).

If you are not noticing any problems with volumes that you like, you probably don't need an amp. You'll get more mileage out of room treatments and speaker upgrades.

Of course, my wife says I don't need all that horsepower in my car, but it's still fun to use sometimes!
cream puff's Avatar cream puff 03:29 PM 02-25-2012
did anyone spring for the oultaw bypass of the internal amps? i am considering this for my sr5005 (hopefully they will pass the specs on to someone to do it themselves), wondering what a change it made in the overall sound quality
spork75's Avatar spork75 08:14 AM 02-27-2012
I opted for the Outlaw mod. I don't know if it made any difference sound wise, but as far as heat is concerned this thing runs nice and cool which is the main reason why I chose it.
nynexit's Avatar nynexit 04:13 PM 02-27-2012
Hey gang the menu interface on my sr6005 used to be set at a higher resolution before I went through setting it up. Any idea which setting controls this thanks .
indianguyinny24's Avatar indianguyinny24 09:28 AM 03-03-2012
I have LG lw5600 and conencted to sr6005...suddenly out of blue the ARC has stopped working...

it was working perfefctly... i resetted my TV..havent tried resetting the receiver ...

but was working fine and one day suddenly boom the arc is not working...everything else is fine...

have

ps3 /xbox ->sr6005 <-> Lw5600(ARC)...

everything works except ARC any idea..
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 11:34 AM 03-03-2012
^^
Ensure the proper settings didn't get changed: HDMI-CEC (SimpLink) is enabled and TV speakers set to OFF and HDMI Control on the AVR is enabled.
indianguyinny24's Avatar indianguyinny24 07:32 PM 03-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
Ensure the proper settings didn't get changed: HDMI-CEC (SimpLink) is enabled and TV speakers set to OFF and HDMI Control on the AVR is enabled.

all checked...still the ARC is not working.. i know receiver and tv are talking as i try to lower the volume on tv as it is connected to the HT...using TV remote i can lower or higher the volume of the home theater..only thing NO VOLUME comes out of HT and TV...only way to get volume out is to makt AVR off and TV speaker works then
V
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 05:13 AM 03-04-2012
^^
Try first just unplugging the AVR for a few minutes, and if still no joy, then reset it.
Tacoboy's Avatar Tacoboy 12:55 PM 03-05-2012
Anyone here try using an AKG K702 headphone with the Marantz 6005?
Or any AKG 62-Ohm headphone?
Want to know if the 6005 will decently power the AKGs or if a separate headphone amplifier will be needed?
jjmcelwain's Avatar jjmcelwain 07:07 AM 03-09-2012
I just added a rear surround speaker to my setup. I was just curious if there was a way to default dolby digital sources to use dolby digital ex instead of the regular dolby digital.

Thanks!
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 07:25 AM 03-09-2012
^^
Make sure to connect to the Surr Back/Amp Assign (L) speaker post and then run Audyssey again. Then set the surround mode to DD PLIIx.
jsinger986's Avatar jsinger986 07:53 PM 03-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy View Post

Anyone here try using an AKG K702 headphone with the Marantz 6005?
Or any AKG 62-Ohm headphone?
Want to know if the 6005 will decently power the AKGs or if a separate headphone amplifier will be needed?

I'm actually wondering the same thing with the same K702s. Does anyone know the details of the headphone amp in the Marantz?
jcisbig's Avatar jcisbig 08:11 PM 03-11-2012
I'm trying to run Audyssey set up with my 6005, but after finishing the initial test tones to verify which speakers are hooked up the receiver shuts off and the power light is blinking at .5 second intervals. The manual says that the amplifier circuit has failed (Page 90), but turning it off and then on again allows me to play content through the receiver without issue. It's just the auto-setup that makes everything go funky. Any ideas or suggestions?
hecklerj01's Avatar hecklerj01 03:17 PM 03-28-2012
HELP!! Tried to use my 6005 today and it shutsdown after a few seconds. Unplugged power cord and did a reset...NO JOY. Any ideas?
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 04:50 PM 03-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcisbig View Post

I'm trying to run Audyssey set up with my 6005, but after finishing the initial test tones to verify which speakers are hooked up the receiver shuts off and the power light is blinking at .5 second intervals. The manual says that the amplifier circuit has failed (Page 90), but turning it off and then on again allows me to play content through the receiver without issue. It's just the auto-setup that makes everything go funky. Any ideas or suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecklerj01 View Post

HELP!! Tried to use my 6005 today and it shutsdown after a few seconds. Unplugged power cord and did a reset...NO JOY. Any ideas?

In both instances, the most common culprit is a loose speaker wire from one post on the back of the AVR touching another post so pull out the AVR and visually inspect each and every speaker post for a clean connection. Also check wiring at each speaker as well. If there is any in wall wiring, it's also possible a nail could have broken the wire casing causing a short. If all wiring is verified correct and it's still shutting down, then disconnect all speaker wires from the back of the AVR and turn on the AVR. If it still shuts down, then it's more likely amp failure (or some other internal board failure) which would require repair. If not, start connecting a speaker up one at a time to see if a particular speaker is causing the problem.
hecklerj01's Avatar hecklerj01 02:45 PM 03-29-2012
JD...thanks for the prompt reply. Wiring checked out OK...darn! A couple other comments before I take it in for service. Over the last few weeks I had some reception problems with my digital cable which I found out were due to the solar storm. However, prior to finding that out, I disconnected the HDMI out to the cable box and the HDMI in from the TV and tried a direct connection from the box to the TV (to see if receiver had anything to do with the reception problems). When I reconnected the HDMI thru the receiver, that's when the shut down started. Also discovered the STANDBY PASSTHRU does not operate either.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 05:18 PM 03-29-2012
^^
Sounds like service is needed ....
nynexit's Avatar nynexit 08:56 PM 03-30-2012
^^
If your on the east coast marantz does warranty repair through united radio in Syracuse.
My unit went there for a repair and I had it back in 7 days. I called for a status update and try we're very helpful.
hecklerj01's Avatar hecklerj01 12:50 AM 04-03-2012
I have authorized service center right here in Denver...only about 5 miles from home.
nynexit's Avatar nynexit 05:51 PM 04-03-2012
^^
Even better!
aljthree's Avatar aljthree 06:40 AM 04-06-2012
Not sure if it was in this thread already but I'm having a problem with Sat/cab video from my 6005 to my tv. Just got it hooked up last night and everything works great video and audio wise from my Denon Blu ray and my xbox. When I switch to Sat though, no audio and only half a screen of green. Everything is hooked up HDMI. I have a Mediacom HD cable box and wonder if this might be the problem. I went to order the Smithsonian channel a few weeks ago and the tech said I'd new the newer hd box. No problem with the box running it through a Denon 791 the day before. I also read in the manual something about devices must have hdcp or it won't work. Wondering if maybe the cable box doesn't have it being older. Begging for help before I have to call Mediacom for tech support, don't want to ruin my weekend dealing with them.

Thanks, Aj
aljthree's Avatar aljthree 07:56 AM 04-06-2012
Disregard previous post, problem fixe. Somehow the box needed a reset and Mediacom did it over the phone, everything up and running great. Love this receiver coming from a Denon 791. Hooked up to an Aragon 4004 running some Vandy 2ce's, sounds awesome.
dark1x's Avatar dark1x 08:23 AM 04-06-2012
I'm using a 6005 and have been stuck with a minor issue for the past few months. Basically, after about 20-30 minutes of use, the receiver will switch to another input (the previous in sequence). Once I switch it back, however, this will not occur again as long as the unit remains powered on.

If I'm using, say, HDMI1 it will randomly switch to the USB input (as that is the previous input in the sequence). I then switch back to HDMI 1 and the receiver is fine until I power down and use it again later.

Any ideas why this might be occurring? I've tried resetting the unit and various other tricks without success. Would love to figure out why this is happening.

edit - looks like I posted this earlier in the thread but it's still an issue with no solution. Ah well, aside from this the receiver has been awesome.
Tags: Marantz Sr5005 Audio Video Receiver Black , Marantz Sr6005 Audio Video Receiver Black
First ... 19  20  21 22  23  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop