Marantz SR5005 / Marantz SR6005 HDMI V1.4 ABT AV Receiver Owners' Thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #841 of 845 Old 07-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Member
 
pgjensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjr24 View Post
Hi All,

I'm finding now that while I am watching TV every few minutes or so the the display flashes quickly and the sound drops out for less than a second. It's been bugging the crap out of me and I was hoping someone can provide some insight.

I've tried different HDMI inputs and the result is the same.

Thanks!
Have you tried different devices and/or cables as well?
pgjensen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 845 Old 07-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Figjr24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjensen View Post
Have you tried different devices and/or cables as well?
I tried multiple cables and it doesn't seem to happen with any other device that's plugged in. Issue is the same between a cable box and a dish network box. I switched to optical on the cable box and that was fine, but now I have a Dish box that doesn't have an optical out.
Figjr24 is offline  
post #843 of 845 Old 07-12-2016, 01:04 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,606
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9355 Post(s)
Liked: 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjr24 View Post
Hi All,

I'm finding now that while I am watching TV every few minutes or so the the display flashes quickly and the sound drops out for less than a second. It's been bugging the crap out of me and I was hoping someone can provide some insight.

I've tried different HDMI inputs and the result is the same.

Thanks!
Upgrade to newer HDMI cables.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #844 of 845 Old Today, 12:32 PM
Member
 
Figjr24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Upgrade to newer HDMI cables.
Thanks, I grabbed one of my older monoprice cable with ferrite cores and it seems to be working fine now. Ordering new cables today.

Any ideas where I can get a new power cable for the receiver? Having trouble finding a two prong cable.
Figjr24 is offline  
post #845 of 845 Old Today, 04:04 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 61,606
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9355 Post(s)
Liked: 4316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjr24 View Post
Thanks, I grabbed one of my older monoprice cable with ferrite cores and it seems to be working fine now. Ordering new cables today.

Any ideas where I can get a new power cable for the receiver? Having trouble finding a two prong cable.
Give the Marantz parts dept a call.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
jdsmoothie is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5005 Audio Video Receiver Black , Marantz Sr6005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off