What 7 channel amps are comparable to a Parasound Halo A21 / A51 combo? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I was planning to use a Parasound Halo A21 / A51 combo to drive my Triad speaker system. However, I want to use less rack space so I'm now looking for a single 7 channel amp that would be comparable to the Halo combo in the following ways:
  • Price on the used market
  • Wattage into 4 ohms (400 watts or more)
  • Sound quality
  • Fit and finish
  • Features and inputs
I will be driving Triad Platinum LCR and Center, and Silver Surrounds for mostly home theater use.

I know sound is subjective so I'm just looking for some feedback on good viable options I should check out. I also know that this approach would provide more power than I need for the surrounds, but I'm fine with that as I would like to get a single unit.

I'm not looking for bargain options, but products with good price points in the secondary market for a very good product.

I have not selected a processor yet, but will likely be considering something like the Lexicon MC-12HD when the time comes. so the Lexicon amps are one viable option. I'm looking for other good options though so please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bump