Marantz AV7005 - Page 325 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha1000 View Post
Hello, I have got a 7.1 setup with MarantzSR7005, Focal Speakers, Panasonic AE4000 series Projector.
PS3, Denon Blu-ray player, TV DTH all connected through HDMI. Output of AMP is connected to Projector through HDMI...
Any suggestion will be of great help. Thanks in advance for the help.
I have the Panasonic AE4000 and the prepro version of the SR7005 receiver (pretty much the same but with no internal amps) AV7005, so I guess I'm better qualified to respond than most. The image indeed goes black from time to time and I've noticed it seems triggered by certain images, namely a bright flash of light in a scene or fades to black and especially fades to white.

A sudden bright flash might occur in a movie with a scene showing a strobe light, which is not terribly common, however fades to black and fades to white are quite common at the ends of TV commercials.

There's nothing that can be done to fix this, as far as I know, I just live with it. HDMI has many problems and the industry has always taken a finger pointing approach to "solving" the issues: if you consult Marantz they will point the finger at Panasonic and claim the problem lies with them, and if you consult Panasonic they will point the finger at Marantz! Especially considering all these models are discontinued at this point, I'd be surprised if any engineers at either company are spending any time at addressing this problem. I also later bought the Panny 7000 and it has the same issue, BTW.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

Last edited by m. zillch; Today at 10:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Marantz Av7005 Pre Processor