AV Receiver for Panny AE 2000U/BD-80 Blu-Ray/B&W Speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My current set-up is a Panasonic AE-2000U projector mated to a Panasonic BD-80 Blu-Ray dvd player, B&W CDM NT speaker system (5.1) and an 11-year-old Yamaha RX-V995 receiver (min RMS 100W per channel).

I have been extremely satisfied with this arranagement which I use exclusively for video - blu-ray and regular dvds (I have a Musical Fidelity set-up for cd listening mainly of classical music). The dvds I play range from the show-offs (blu-rays of Avatar, Gladiator, James Bond. etc.), to romantic comedies and quite a lot of blu-ray classical discs - opera, piano concertos, ballet. For regular dvds, these are usually mini series of, say, Jane Austen and other costume dramas not yet available in blu-ray.

The remote of the Yamaha 995 has expired and I can no longer replace this or have it repaired. And, given its age, it is about time that I change receivers. Where I live, I have the following that I can purchase given my budget: Yamaha 2065 or 1900; Onkyo 876 or Denon 3310. Given that the price differential between these units are not that big or a deal breaker (the 876 is currently the lowest priced here at about 10% lower than the 2065), I am totally at a loss as to which amp to choose.

I am unable to listen to demos of any of these so this option is out as a basis for making the final selection.

I am also given the possibility of buying the Panasonic AE-4000U as I can sell my 2000U for a satisfactory price. I am also wondering if the updates to the newer projector (red lamp, etc.) will be something that I will really notice to make the upgrade worthwhile. Right now, I am very happy using the Normal picture setting under ECO mode projected to a 100 inch screen and I sit 10 feet away.

Thank YOU ALL for your help!!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page