"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 261 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7801 of 8843 Old 04-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just curious... I just got started playing with the "net radio" feature. I added a bunch of bookmarks. I expected them to automatically sort alphabetically, but they stayed in the order I added them. It's not a terrible thing... if I had known this in advance, I would have added them in logical groups (using my own "logic", of course!). Is there a way to re-order them?

EDIT: I want to add that my wife LOVES the ability to listen to radio stations from her home country. Especially since she can use her iPhone to control it. She's from Romania. She was not happy with the amount of money I spent on this thing (she's very frugal... and I'm a lucky guy), but this one feature sold her on this AVR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7802 of 8843 Old 04-15-2012, 04:19 PM

I found the yradio.vtuner.com website! Wow, that's awesome! It magically updates my AVR. I can add/remove stations, and even create my own if they're not on the list (only if they stream in mp3 or wma, no aac support). This makes it much easier to organize the net radio stations. There's still no way to re-order them, but I can search by station name, genre, city/state/country, and other keywords... so I can just make a list of the stations I like, remove all of my stations, and add them in the order I want. Very cool.

EDIT: And the 40 presets are able to be split between net radio & pandora! I presume that they can also contain shared files/folders & AM/FM stations too?

I'm really loving this thing. It has enabled me to eliminate my DVD changer and the external amp that I was using for my porch/pool area!

I'm thinking that it would be interesting to use wireless speakers for Zone 3. Anyone have recommendations for wireless speakers that don't cost a fortune, but sound good (good bass/treble frequency response)?
post #7803 of 8843 Old 04-15-2012, 07:02 PM

I transferred the CD's (that I ripped to mp3 long ago) from my desktop PC to my HTPC. I never finished ripping my whole collection because I didn't have a good reason. Now I do! This thing is awesome! My HTPC can act as a music server to this AVR! Wooo hooo! Without even adding a play list, it is just playing stuff seemingly at random. I'm as happy as a kid in a candy shop! God, I love technology! My wife is getting jealous!

I wish my dad was still alive. I have his whole music collection from the 20's, 30's and 40's. He'd be impressed!

EDIT: Have any of you tried the RainShadowTech app for Android vs. the free one from Yamaha? It's simple... it doesn't have all the functionality that the one from Yamaha has... but it works great... and you can setup port forwarding on your router so that it even works when you're out of range of your wireless network! It shows all the music I've put on my HTPC... but the Yamaha app doesn't! Weird... but whatever. I'm just happy that I can control the music no matter how far I get from the house!
post #7804 of 8843 Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas1969 View Post

I transferred the CD's (that I ripped to mp3 long ago) from my desktop PC to my HTPC. I never finished ripping my whole collection because I didn't have a good reason. Now I do! This thing is awesome! My HTPC can act as a music server to this AVR! Wooo hooo! Without even adding a play list, it is just playing stuff seemingly at random. I'm as happy as a kid in a candy shop! God, I love technology! My wife is getting jealous!

I wish my dad was still alive. I have his whole music collection from the 20's, 30's and 40's. He'd be impressed!

EDIT: Have any of you tried the RainShadowTech app for Android vs. the free one from Yamaha? It's simple... it doesn't have all the functionality that the one from Yamaha has... but it works great... and you can setup port forwarding on your router so that it even works when you're out of range of your wireless network! It shows all the music I've put on my HTPC... but the Yamaha app doesn't! Weird... but whatever. I'm just happy that I can control the music no matter how far I get from the house!

Man, you sound happier than I am and I didn't think that was possible. BTW, my fiancé is jealous. You could still use that external amp to power one of your zones. I just bought one to power my 3rd zone(yard)
post #7805 of 8843 Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 PM

Liked: 10
Will i be able to play the internet sirius stations? The one u log into and can play via internet?

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Fluance AVBP2 Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
post #7806 of 8843 Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by andjayik View Post

Will i be able to play the internet sirius stations? The one u log into and can play via internet?

Yep! Just looked...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

email: editor@VARTV.com
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

post #7807 of 8843 Old 04-16-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Yup, I actually set up a scene just for that purpose. I love my siriusxm streaming through the avr
post #7808 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Just want to say I'm loving my 2010. Having multiple zones is more beneficial than I had imagined. Zone 1 is my home theater with the paradigm monitor series V6 and ADP's 7.1 setup. Zone 2 JBL control ones in the living room. Zone 3 Paradigm SM-370's in my yard. Being able to control all of this with my iPad is just way too cool!
post #7809 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Hi, I have a RX-A3000, and also have a Yamaha MCX-2000 MusicCast (as well as few other Yamaha products). My question is this, I have the Musiccast connected to AV3 and the Scene button 3 which refers to CD when pushed on the remote, every thinks works fine but I would like to use the Scene IR function so when I push the button it turns on the power to the MusicCast.

I have connected the out of the second Remote output on the Reciever to the remote input of the MusicCast but under the Scene IR for Scene 3 the MusicCast preset is not available (nor shown), only a couple Yamaha Blu-ray Players and a normal Yamaha CD Player.

First off, can one add the MusicCast to this selection? and does anyone know the discrete code for the power on code IR?

Also does anyone know the remote 4 digit code of the MusicCast, I was told it might be 2300 or 2400 but I don't think that is correct

"I know the Yamaha remote A3000 is a learning remote, I can add the power on code for the MusicCast via "Learn" and adding it to the top left Power button on the A3000 remote" but would prefer to add it to the Scene 3 button, can this discrete power on code be added to Scene 3 IR someway?
post #7810 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 05:17 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post

Ypao sucks at eqing the sub. I've chased this tail long enough to know, 30hz bass roll off is unacceptable. Disconnect your sub unless you like bass to stop at 30hz.

I have seen no evidence of this. Here is my subs right after I finished them with a quick measurement http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...5&postcount=18 They are a bit "hot" but YPAO hardly touched them with its parametric. The roll off at 20hz is my room as it is quite open. It is true that YPAO will not EQ below 30hz as it has no filters below that.
post #7811 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDKing2 View Post

I have seen no evidence of this. Here is my subs right after I finished them with a quick measurement http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...5&postcount=18 They are a bit "hot" but YPAO hardly touched them with its parametric. The roll off at 20hz is my room as it is quite open. It is true that YPAO will not EQ below 30hz as it has no filters below that.

I feel it's important that they should be eq'd all the way to 5hz. Theres plenty of subs out there that can hit 16hz these days. I just find it odd they stop eqing at 30hz. Im not sure of their reasoning behind the decision.
post #7812 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I feel it's important that they should be eq'd all the way to 5hz. Theres plenty of subs out there that can hit 16hz these days. I just find it odd they stop eqing at 30hz. Im not sure of their reasoning behind the decision.

Not eqing below 30hz is a lot different from rolling off at 30hz which is what you have posted.

So does this mean that the ypao does not limit the lowest frequncies capable of the sub but that it just stops its eqing at 30hz, leaving the sub on its own to play deeper?

Shelly

Farewell Voom. Farewell Directv. Farewell Bell Express Vu. Farewell Dish.
Had 6 dishes, now none.
Back to Comcast. Farewell Comcast, now back to Dish 120+HD. Farewell Dish.

Returned to Comcast 06/2012.

Back in the early days, there were just HD demo loops, no programming. Now HD 3D, amazing!

post #7813 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post

Not eqing below 30hz is a lot different from rolling off at 30hz which is what you have posted.

So does this mean that the ypao does not limit the lowest frequncies capable of the sub but that it just stops its eqing at 30hz, leaving the sub on its own to play deeper?

Shelly

Yes the two statements are totaly different.

BTW, I should mention I am using an RX-A3000
Roll off will be a combination of the receiver, sub amp, sub woofer and the room. I cannot say that I have actually checked pure direct vs YPAO (no reason to), but I would believe that there would not be much difference if any if YPAO's filters are set flat.

Not sure about other receivers but the specifications from the manual for the 3000 state:

Frequency Response
Audio2 etc. to Front L/R
(Pure Direct 10Hz to 100kHz)..............+0/-3dB

The -3 could be at the top end for all I know.
post #7814 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post

Shelly

I'm definitely getting roll off at 30 with ypao. Bypassed, everything is peachy. It's most noteble when sealing both ports on the vtf15. Manually setting the sub without ypao and plugging both ports, there's no roll off. As long as you manually set it, I find it fine. With ypao, the bass just isn't there, even If you bring up the sub output level in setup. You can tell the freq is severely altered and that deep bass is gone.

I'm going to order a sub EQ system and not even worry about it anymore.
post #7815 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by watrob View Post

I have connected the out of the second Remote output on the Reciever to the remote input of the MusicCast but under the Scene IR for Scene 3 the MusicCast preset is not available (nor shown), only a couple Yamaha Blu-ray Players and a normal Yamaha CD Player.

According to the manual those are your only options. If you haven't already tried them you might as well give each of the three options a try and see if they happen to work anyways.
post #7816 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM

i wonder if i can use the RX-A1000 firmware on a HTR-8063 since i really want the sirius internet radio?

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
post #7817 of 8843 Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post

Man, you sound happier than I am and I didn't think that was possible. BTW, my fiancé is jealous. You could still use that external amp to power one of your zones. I just bought one to power my 3rd zone(yard)

Yep, I'm really happy with the receiver. I bought the RCAware HDMI-CEC Bridge a few days ago. It came in the mail yesterday. I've been playing around with it. I'm still working out the kinks, but it's pretty cool. I can trigger things on the CEC bus based on events on the PC, AVR, TV, or any HDMI-CEC compatible device that's plugged into any of the HDMI ports on the AVR or on the TV's HDMI ports. Way cool.

Wife is getting a little tired of my fiddling with it. She wants my attention. I'm gonna have to take a break from it for a while.
post #7818 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i wonder if i can use the RX-A1000 firmware on a HTR-8063 since i really want the sirius internet radio?

You can't use the American RX-A1000 firmware on a Canadian RX-A1000 or HTR-8063. There are a lot of little hardware differences between the American and Canadian models that would cause all sorts of things to break if you somehow forced your Canadian receiver to use the American firmware.
post #7819 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You seriously run the risk for bricking the receiver. The write allocation may be be completely different.
post #7820 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 AM

i did update to the new 3.20 update for the HTR-8063 and now my net radio says not connected? it was working fine with the 3.17 firmware? Is there anywhere to download the older files?

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
post #7821 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:

Actually you could load the RX-A1000 firmware into the HTR-8063, because the files are identical, but it will not turn your 8063 into an A1000 and enable any extra features.

Yamaha always uses common firmware for equivalent models from different regions, but the firmware detects which hardware it's actually running on and then only enables the features designed for that region.
post #7822 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM

Do u know if we can get older firmwares? Like i said before i dloaded new software 3.20 and my net radio does not connect. Worked fine with 3.17 firmware.

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
post #7823 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Have you checked the support section on yamahas site to see if the ther firmwares are listed? I always download them for my receiver so I have an archive just for this purpose.
post #7824 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Do u know if we can get older firmwares? Like i said before i dloaded new software 3.20 and my net radio does not connect. Worked fine with 3.17 firmware.

It's not a problem with the 3.20 firmware. Try disconnecting the power from both your receiver and your router for 10 seconds or so and see if that fixes the problem.
post #7825 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ridge View Post

It's not a problem with the 3.20 firmware. Try disconnecting the power from both your receiver and your router for 10 seconds or so and see if that fixes the problem.

I have'nt tried that yet, i will when i get home. As far as checking the website, the only firmware there is the newest. I don't think u can even go down to a lower? But if any one has it can u pm me and send just in case?

Yamaha HTR-8063
B&W DM-604
B&W CC6
B&W L1
Polk Audio PSW125 Sub
Klipsch AW-400 out door
post #7826 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:

I'm definitely getting roll off at 30 with ypao. Bypassed, everything is peachy. It's most noteble when sealing both ports on the vtf15. Manually setting the sub without ypao and plugging both ports, there's no roll off. As long as you manually set it, I find it fine. With ypao, the bass just isn't there, even If you bring up the sub output level in setup. You can tell the freq is severely altered and that deep bass is gone.

I'm going to order a sub EQ system and not even worry about it anymore.

Very strange, just ran 20-30hz sub test tones using the different parametric eq modes, absolutely no difference in output between "through" and "manual" when the sub is untouched in manual mode. That would lead me to believe it is operating correctly.

Are you saying on yours the moment you have any of the filters used for eqing on the sub channel then you get roll off? Or are you saying that when YPAO attempts to eq the sub it automatically creates roll off. Just don't quite understand what is happening with yours.

Whatever is occuring you're obviously better off anyway with a proper sub eq, YPAO simply doesn't have enough frequencies to do a good job.
post #7827 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 PM

I was watching the last episode of Transformers yesterday in 3D and 7.1 Dolby True HD through my HTPC with PowerDVD and A3000. In PowerDVD I selected "Non-decoded HD audio to external device" and in A3000 to "Straight". I was getting a lot of audio interruptions in the beggining of the movie and few at the end. Almost no audio interruptions in the middle of the movie. I tried the same movie, but regular version of Transformers on blu-ray (no 3D) and had no problems. I thought that the 3D disc is deffective and exchanged it at BestBuy, but I still have the problem. If I change the audio settings on the 3D blu-ray from "7.1 Dolby True HD" to "5.1 Discrete Dolby Digital" everything is fine.
I also noticed that in PowerDVD if I change the audio output from "Non-decoded HD audio to external device" to "PCM decoded by PowerDVD" everything is fine in "7.1 Dolby True HD".
What you guys think?
I am suspecting HDMI cables not having enough bandwith, but they are high-speed from monoprice.
post #7828 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymiles View Post

Very strange, just ran 20-30hz sub test tones using the different parametric eq modes, absolutely no difference in output between "through" and "manual" when the sub is untouched in manual mode. That would lead me to believe it is operating correctly.

Are you saying on yours the moment you have any of the filters used for eqing on the sub channel then you get roll off? Or are you saying that when YPAO attempts to eq the sub it automatically creates roll off. Just don't quite understand what is happening with yours.

Whatever is occuring you're obviously better off anyway with a proper sub eq, YPAO simply doesn't have enough frequencies to do a good job.

When it tries to EQ the sub, I get the roll off. It's bizarre
post #7829 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 PM

Ok, pardon my ignorance but what is roll off.
post #7830 of 8843 Old 04-18-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:

When it tries to EQ the sub, I get the roll off. It's bizarre

There's a pretty big difference between "roll-off" and the simple absence of boost in the VLF octaves. If you boost the upper octaves, you may perceive a roll-off, but that's not what it is.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page