"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 297 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8881 of 8883 Old 09-14-2014, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am sure the answer is easy enough, but I can't figure what I am doing wrong. I put my A-2000's MAC address into the V-Tuner website and log in. Then I created folders, with stations in each folfer. Why can't I see them in the favorites section of the Net Radio function on the receiver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8882 of 8883 Old 09-14-2014, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The answer was easy enough. Unfortunately, it is a new problem for another thread. It is my modem/router. Seems only certain wired things (two Roku 3's, laptop and desktop can access the internet. All other wired items including the A-2000 can NOT. Wireless, phones and iPods /iPads yes, but certain apps no. When the kids got on my neighbor's wireless (also Comcast - the non working apps connected there). Obviously I will have to hit a thread for Comcast Broadband and for my modem. Wish me luck.
post #8883 of 8883 Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help w/ Sound Options

OK so I hooked up the RX-A3000 and am working on getting it set properly.

With the RX-V2700 I had, I pretty much had the thing set to do surround decoding all the time. It seems it always chose surround, unless the system was receiving a signal NOT in surround, and then I think it did Neural surround... which if I recall is an interpretation of 2 channel audio to surround 5.1?

anyway... I've got the following set: AV1 (PS3), AV2 (DVR), AV3 (Oppo DVD), AV4 (VHS), AV5 (Chromecast).

For av1-4, it seems the default is that it's always coming up as STRAIGHT. My preference would be that it be in surround and not straight. Something like Pro Logic. Is that what everyone uses? I can't figure out how to get this thing to NOT do Straight though.... is it even possible? The book says Straight is the default, but it doesn't say the default can't be changed...

i'd either like to set it to a surround mode as default... or set it there, and have it remember the last setting it was on, when the system is powered down...

Running the latest firmware.
thanks... really apprecaiate the feedback.

enjoying it so far... although, the UPS guy dropped the box @ my front door and some speaker banana plug sockets got bent... but i was able to bend them back.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page