"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 299 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #8941 of 8958 Old 02-23-2015, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by calincole View Post
Awesome, thanks man. Sorry to bring it up again, but 298 pages was a little intimidating to search through. I appreciate the help.
At 298 pages, I don't think you would have found your answer in a timely fashion even with searching keywords.
I'm happy to answer questions about weird lesser-known troubleshooting facts not documented in the manual. I kind of refuse to tell someone how to save Scene.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8942 of 8958 Old 02-23-2015, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to output video through the Component ports, if you have an HDMI input from a device? In other words, if I connect my blu-ray player to the RX-A2000 using HDMI, can I use the Component output to connect to my TV and get the signal?

Thanks.

7.1: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
Intel Sandy Bridge 3D HTPC / Blu-ray Player
post #8943 of 8958 Old 02-23-2015, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 197
No, there's no HDMI to component conversion. On the plus side, time for a new TV .
post #8944 of 8958 Old 02-24-2015, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ Not quite sure what you mean. Can you explain the problem in more detail?
I want to split the signal form HDMI out of a bluray player to my RX-A 1000 and the other end directly to the tv.
The signal works ok to the tv however the signal to the receiver does not show up on the tv.
I am thinking there is some type of copyright blockage?
I am doing this so that the receiver does not have to be on and then I can watch Bluray directly through to the tv using my sound bar.

Also in an unrelated question, I am using the receiver to listen to the tv sound via Toslinkk optical from the tv.
I noticed that the receiver is only allowing me to listen in the straight mode,. So I can not use any surround processing.
I hit the straight button on the remote repeatedly or hit the surround button and nothing changes it out of the straight mode.
Is this normal??

Thanks!!
post #8945 of 8958 Old 02-24-2015, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbypb View Post
I want to split the signal form HDMI out of a bluray player to my RX-A 1000 and the other end directly to the tv.
The signal works ok to the tv however the signal to the receiver does not show up on the tv.
I am doing this so that the receiver does not have to be on and then I can watch Bluray directly through to the tv using my sound bar.

Also in an unrelated question, I am using the receiver to listen to the tv sound via Toslinkk optical from the tv.
I noticed that the receiver is only allowing me to listen in the straight mode,. So I can not use any surround processing.
I hit the straight button on the remote repeatedly or hit the surround button and nothing changes it out of the straight mode.
Is this normal??

Thanks!!

Does the 1000 not have HDMI passthrough like the 2000/3000?
I would think it does.

Man I wish I could find a 1000 or 1010 for super cheap.

post #8946 of 8958 Old 02-24-2015, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 30
It does. At least my A1000 does (though I don't use the feature, I've read about in the manual).
post #8947 of 8958 Old 02-24-2015, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:

You can do that without a splitter if you enable "Standby Through" in the receiver. This means that when you turn off the receiver it automatically passes one HDMI input (whichever one you select) through to the TV.

Quote:
Is this normal??

No idea what's happening in this case. You should be able to select different modes.
post #8948 of 8958 Old 02-24-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
You can do that without a splitter if you enable "Standby Through" in the receiver. This means that when you turn off the receiver it automatically passes one HDMI input (whichever one you select) through to the TV.

No idea what's happening in this case. You should be able to select different modes.
Thanks!! I will give it a try. Just returned my HDMI splitter to Sewell. A great mail order place for well made inexpensive wires and connections.
post #8949 of 8958 Old 02-24-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:

Thats what I thought. I may unplug the receiver to reset it and see if that helps.
Otherwise may have to do a factory reset. Yikes. will then have to reset my 30 fm and HD FM presets.
post #8950 of 8958 Old 02-25-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I would think it does.

I bought a refurbished 1000 from accessores4less.com for $499. Pretty good deal.
post #8951 of 8958 Old 02-25-2015, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
I would think it does.

Just keep an eye on craigslist. I got my 2000 for $425 almost two years ago
Cravit8 likes this.
post #8952 of 8958 Old 02-27-2015, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No, there's no HDMI to component conversion. On the plus side, time for a new TV .
My situation is different, doesn't demand a new TV. I have the Epson 5010 Projector and we have two XBOX One's in the house; my wife's & mine. We both like to play co-op multiplayer with each other. Right now we have the two consoles in two different rooms, but want to get them together in one room so we can sit side-by-side. This can be effectively achieved in our Home Theater with Projector displaying Split-Screen, side-by-side displays. I have a 106" Screen so the two displays come out around 50" (diagonal) each which is perfectly acceptable to us for gaming. It's like having two 50" TV's side by side.

Anyhow, the Projector, just like any others I know of, does not split-screen on 2 HDMI Inputs; however, it does 1 HDMI and 1 Component brilliantly (Tested with my XBOX One on HDMI and XBOX 360 on Component).

We plan to pass one XBOX One via HDMI to the HDMI Input, and the other by converting the HDMI -> Component, to the Component Input. This way we'll get both consoles side-by-side on the screen.

HDFury has the Gamer-to-Component device for $150 that works with XBOX One effectively, and is going to be our most likely solution. However, before I pull the trigger on that, just want to explore all possible cheaper solutions. Thought I'd try this. Doesn't look like it can work though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation View Post
It does. At least my A1000 does (though I don't use the feature, I've read about in the manual).
Who was your response aimed at? Lots of questions in this thread. You gave no indication who you're replying to.

7.1: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
post #8953 of 8958 Old 02-27-2015, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
My situation is different, doesn't demand a new TV. I have the Epson 5010 Projector and we have two XBOX One's in the house; my wife's & mine. We both like to play co-op multiplayer with each other. Right now we have the two consoles in two different rooms, but want to get them together in one room so we can sit side-by-side. This can be effectively achieved in our Home Theater with Projector displaying Split-Screen, side-by-side displays. I have a 106" Screen so the two displays come out around 50" (diagonal) each which is perfectly acceptable to us for gaming. It's like having two 50" TV's side by side.

Anyhow, the Projector, just like any others I know of, does not split-screen on 2 HDMI Inputs; however, it does 1 HDMI and 1 Component brilliantly (Tested with my XBOX One on HDMI and XBOX 360 on Component).

We plan to pass one XBOX One via HDMI to the HDMI Input, and the other by converting the HDMI -> Component, to the Component Input. This way we'll get both consoles side-by-side on the screen.

HDFury has the Gamer-to-Component device for $150 that works with XBOX One effectively, and is going to be our most likely solution. However, before I pull the trigger on that, just want to explore all possible cheaper solutions. Thought I'd try this. Doesn't look like it can work though.

Who was your response aimed at? Lots of questions in this thread. You gave no indication who you're replying to.

Ovation was replying directly above him, it's not always necessary to quote.

I know the HDMI HDCP can be bypassed on the Playstation 4 if one needs HDMI to DVI, FYI. Maybe Xbox One can do the same.
Your entire scenario doesn't seem to have much to do with the AVR side.

post #8954 of 8958 Old 02-28-2015, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post

Really? How about the post just above mine (which, incidentally, is very easily decipherable just by reading the posts in consecutive order and is the most logical way of reading my response, since I didn't quote something else)? You know, the one that asks:

Last edited by Ovation; 02-28-2015 at 08:59 AM.
post #8955 of 8958 Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ovation was replying directly above him, it's not always necessary to quote.

I know the HDMI HDCP can be bypassed on the Playstation 4 if one needs HDMI to DVI, FYI. Maybe Xbox One can do the same.
Your entire scenario doesn't seem to have much to do with the AVR side.
You're correct that it doesn't anymore, but for whatever it's worth, it did originally when I posted the question - if the A2000 was able to take the HDMI signal and output through Component, which it clearly can't. HDMI to DVI does work with XBOX One as well; unfortunately the projector (Epson 5010) doesn't have a DVI input. It's the HDMI to Component that doesn't seem to have a cheaper solution.

Thanks either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation View Post
Really? How about the post just above mine (which, incidentally, is very easily decipherable just by reading the posts in consecutive order and is the most logical way of reading my response, since I didn't quote something else)? You know, the one that asks:

No need to get all snot-faced about it.

I believe it was my error as I was overly eager to have a solution through the receiver as opposed to spending the extra $150 to make it work the way I need to, and my excitement almost wished your response was to my post, which as you indicated, clearly wasn't. Over-eagerness and anticipation can lead to poor judgment, as it did in my case.

Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
post #8956 of 8958 Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

@mickey79
HDMI to component is expensive because of spawn of satan HDCP and nothing else.
You may be able to import an illegal black market device for much cheaper from South Korea, there are some websites.
mickey79 likes this.

post #8957 of 8958 Old Today, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
@mickey79
HDMI to component is expensive because of spawn of satan HDCP and nothing else.
You may be able to import an illegal black market device for much cheaper from South Korea, there are some websites.
You're correct. That does seem to be the case and it's a pity - this whole HDCP issue.

I've looked into those overseas / cheaper solutions; thing is - historically I'm not the only one who's wanted HDMI -> Component for XBOX One. Tons of other people have looked and failed to find a working solution. The problem with some of these asian sites is that you don't find good, credible reviews. So you don't really know if they work.

For example, at Amazon.Com, there are at least 4 or 5 such cheap devices, all asian-made, that "Claim" to do exactly what I want to do. But if you go through the reviews, it has been attested by buyers that NONE of them do. There is a product (Kanex or something) for $40 which vehemently claims that it does - in it's description, on it's website, it's even posted YouTube videos all over claiming the same. If you read buyer reviews at Amazon, it didn't work for one person on the XBOX One.

That is the only reason I'm not looking into those black market asian stores. Usually they do work where local products fail; this one seems to be an exception. Unless you know specifically of a store/website/product I should look into - feel free to pass that info. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks man! Appreciate the response.

Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR
Epson 5010 3D Projector
post #8958 of 8958 Old Today, 11:35 AM
Jzc

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Forgive me if I am wrong BUT.... does XBOX ONE can output in HDMI? I did a google search and aye... it can do it.

Jzc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors