"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 300 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
post #8971 of 8988 Old 04-12-2015, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I have only had one chance since my last post to listen to Pandora on my A3000, and then it was solid for about 2 hours...

I have not heard back from our Pandora rep, who was on vacation part of last week.

I do have a Yamaha Japan engineering contact from working with the guys at Dolby
on a previous Yamaha issue, but last time I emailed them I kinda got the feeling they were not very interested, and would not refer me to a US contact, I was referred to call tech support.....

Since then, Amazon announced Prime streaming, which I have, or am supposed to on my Roku 3.

Sad to say too many work and home projects on the plate have limited me from the fun stuff.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
Nor my wife for that matter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8972 of 8988 Old 04-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe View Post
I have only had one chance since my last post to listen to Pandora on my A3000, and then it was solid for about 2 hours...

I have not heard back from our Pandora rep, who was on vacation part of last week.

I do have a Yamaha Japan engineering contact from working with the guys at Dolby
on a previous Yamaha issue, but last time I emailed them I kinda got the feeling they were not very interested, and would not refer me to a US contact, I was referred to call tech support.....

Since then, Amazon announced Prime streaming, which I have, or am supposed to on my Roku 3.

Sad to say too many work and home projects on the plate have limited me from the fun stuff.

Too bad about all your other problems. However, I have a three-year-old Roku and Amazon prime streaming works quite well and at least on my connection the quality is better than Netflix. I would be surprised if Amazon prime did not work fine on your current Roku.
post #8973 of 8988 Old 04-13-2015, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to stream audio from an iPad, using Yamaha's AV Controller App, to an RX-A1000. This has worked in the past but I can't get it working now.

I think the problem is the input the A1000 is using. The Controller App says the input is my iPad 3. But the display screen of the A1000 itself shows another input, for instance, a PC on the Local Area Network. I don't know what I should change this to to receive from the iPad.

I've done the two-button reset but no change.

Last edited by buggsy2; 04-13-2015 at 06:47 AM.
post #8974 of 8988 Old 04-13-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
I'm trying to stream audio from an iPad, using Yamaha's AV Controller App, to an RX-A1000. This has worked in the past but I can't get it working now.

I think the problem is the input the A1000 is using. The Controller App says the input is my iPad 3. But the display screen of the A1000 itself shows another input, for instance, a PC on the Local Area Network. I don't know what I should change this to to receive from the iPad.

I've done the two-button reset but no change.

PC is what should show when you stream from iDevice.
In your defense, the important part of the using streaming is not in the manual. It will ONLY stream music you have in the iTunes Music app. It will not stream from music from Amazon Music, Spotify, or some other similar service whether downloaded to your device or not.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #8975 of 8988 Old 04-16-2015, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

I finally heard back from my Pandora rep today...standby... we'll see...
Cravit8 likes this.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
post #8976 of 8988 Old 04-20-2015, 04:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I received a response from my Pandora rep:

We are working with Yamaha on this issue.Yamaha is looking at their software right now and we are waiting for some feedback.
DavidMP and Cravit8 like this.

Bob

post #8977 of 8988 Old 04-20-2015, 06:04 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
PC is what should show when you stream from iDevice.
In your defense, the important part of the using streaming is not in the manual. It will ONLY stream music you have in the iTunes Music app. It will not stream from music from Amazon Music, Spotify, or some other similar service whether downloaded to your device or not.
No joy. Same with both iPhone and iPad, both are jailbroken, and I blame the problem on that....they have other slightly wonky behaviors also.
post #8978 of 8988 Old 04-20-2015, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
No joy. Same with both iPhone and iPad, both are jailbroken, and I blame the problem on that....they have other slightly wonky behaviors also.

You do these 3 screens and it doesn't work?

post #8979 of 8988 Old 04-20-2015, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Pandora just played about 20 mins then gave access error.
I hit enter on remote, it then changed playlist and resumed play.
It played for over an hour after that until I shut it off.

Bob

Last edited by bdfox18doe; 04-20-2015 at 04:29 PM.
post #8980 of 8988 Old 04-20-2015, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe View Post
Pandora just played about 20 mins then gave access error.
I hit enter on remote, it then changed playlist and resumed play.
It played for over an hour after that until I shut it off.

That has been my experience also. There is no methodology to the madness.

post #8981 of 8988 Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 AM

Liked: 0
Hi folks,

I'm new here as I don't know where else to turn for advice or guidance. I have an RX-A3000 I picked up a year ago, used. It has worked flawlessly until about a week ago when the audio starts cutting in and out at random. It will also sometimes give buzzing tones through the speakers and garbled, synthesized noise as well. When the audio cuts out, the speaker configuration icons on the display also go blank.

While searching, I've come across complaints from others, and even Youtube videos showing the same problem. While comforting to know it's not just me or my unit......it's also disconcerting that I haven't come across anyone that has a solid solution. That's why I'n here..........have any of you had this problem and had it resolved? I'm willing to put it in the shop and have it repaired if it turns out to be a known problem and repairable.

Thanks in advance,
Turborusty
post #8982 of 8988 Old 04-24-2015, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
bright vertical video lines from 2030

Equipment Yamaha 2030 and Samsung PD 8500 plasma. On the right and left edges of my screen there is, on each side, one vertical white line line with the line on the right side being thicker and brighter. When I bypass the receiver with any of my equipment including an OPPO 103D, Roku, computer the white lines disappear. The screen looks like what would happen in the old CRT days when one needed to widen the image. Does anyone know how I might get rid of this problem? If this question has been answered before please refer me to the URL.Also note the white lines are narrower when using the Roku.
post #8983 of 8988 Old 05-01-2015, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Yamaha RX-A2000 volume issue

I just bought this avr about 2 weeks ago from acc4less it is a great unit. I just started noticing this problem yesterday and today when listening to the TV sometimes the volume goes away and comes back a few seconds later. Yesterday I was listening to some music downloaded from my computer ( computer hooked up to avr ) the sound became garbled I turned the avr off then back on again and it was okay until later the sound would shut off then come back on. Does this have something to do with a firmware update? I will be calling Yamaha shortly.

Equipment: Panasonic 42" LCD TV, Panasonic DMP-BD65 BluRay, HP Compaq 6000 Micro Tower - for movies and music, Yamaha RX-V1600, Bic DV62SI Front, Bic DV62 CLR, Polk Monitor4 SB. Polk TSI 100 SR.2 Marty Cubes w/SI Ht18 D4 powered by Inuke 3000DSP
post #8984 of 8988 Old 05-02-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
I just bought this avr about 2 weeks ago from acc4less it is a great unit. I just started noticing this problem yesterday and today when listening to the TV sometimes the volume goes away and comes back a few seconds later. Yesterday I was listening to some music downloaded from my computer ( computer hooked up to avr ) the sound became garbled I turned the avr off then back on again and it was okay until later the sound would shut off then come back on. Does this have something to do with a firmware update? I will be calling Yamaha shortly.

Not sure if you noticed but I posted about this, just 2 posts up from yours. I have the same problem, and while doing a search online, I find there's multiple youtube videos and others asking questions about the same issue. While I find multiple other folks with the same problem, I have found nothing in regards to anyone reporting back that they found what the problem is and how it was resolved.

I called Yamaha and they tried troubleshooting with me and even set it all back to factory defaults.....nothing fixed it. I now have to tae it to an authorized Yamaha repair shop for diagnosis and possible repair.

I will report back when I have answers. I find it hard to believe that there 300 pages regarding this receiver, on this site alone, but no one has shared or reported what the problem is actually caused by.

Turborusty
post #8985 of 8988 Old Yesterday, 03:28 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 59
My problem will get resolved I called Yamaha and spoke to a Tech. Iwas told this has happened before but not very often ( Of course that means nothing )and since I am still in the 30-day window from when I purchased it from A4Less it will get exchanged. For what it is worth Acc4less has been very helpful after I got done with Yamaha they told me what to fill out and I got the RA# and sent the unit back for exchange. The only bad part the unit goes back to Yamaha then they send me an exchange, the bad part now is the wait they are in Ca. I am in Va.
What is kind of screwed up I bought a Yamaha RX-V1600 for 125 including shipping off of e-bay. The unit had been dropped but after I checked everything out it works perfect the damage that was done was relatively minor and could be bent back in shape. Unless your looking up close it looks perfect, the amazing thing it has worked flawlessly. By a cheap avr no problems spend a lot more and have to return it.

Equipment: Panasonic 42" LCD TV, Panasonic DMP-BD65 BluRay, HP Compaq 6000 Micro Tower - for movies and music, Yamaha RX-V1600, Bic DV62SI Front, Bic DV62 CLR, Polk Monitor4 SB. Polk TSI 100 SR.2 Marty Cubes w/SI Ht18 D4 powered by Inuke 3000DSP
post #8986 of 8988 Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborusty View Post
Not sure if you noticed but I posted about this, just 2 posts up from yours. I have the same problem, and while doing a search online, I find there's multiple youtube videos and others asking questions about the same issue. While I find multiple other folks with the same problem, I have found nothing in regards to anyone reporting back that they found what the problem is and how it was resolved.

I called Yamaha and they tried troubleshooting with me and even set it all back to factory defaults.....nothing fixed it. I now have to tae it to an authorized Yamaha repair shop for diagnosis and possible repair.

I will report back when I have answers. I find it hard to believe that there 300 pages regarding this receiver, on this site alone, but no one has shared or reported what the problem is actually caused by.

Turborusty

I have been following this thread since right before the unit releases and don't recall a user having this problem.

But there were tens of pages I skipped years ago when a few users filled the pages with senseless debate about something irrelevant.
Turborusty likes this.

post #8987 of 8988 Old Today, 08:40 AM

I only found this page a few weeks back when trying to troubleshoot my receiver. I bought it second hand and it worked great for about 8 months, then this issue. When I started googling around the web, I came across multiple "help" pages where you ask "experts" for advice, as well as youtube videos illustrating the same symptoms I'm having. It's astounding to me that with the number of folks on this page, no one here has had this issue.

Turborusty
post #8988 of 8988 Unread Today, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborusty View Post
I only found this page a few weeks back when trying to troubleshoot my receiver. I bought it second hand and it worked great for about 8 months, then this issue. When I started googling around the web, I came across multiple "help" pages where you ask "experts" for advice, as well as youtube videos illustrating the same symptoms I'm having. It's astounding to me that with the number of folks on this page, no one here has had this issue.

Turborusty
Can you please give us links to the references to this issue and the YouTube videos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page