"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 300 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
post #8971 of 8975 Old 04-12-2015, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I have only had one chance since my last post to listen to Pandora on my A3000, and then it was solid for about 2 hours...

I have not heard back from our Pandora rep, who was on vacation part of last week.

I do have a Yamaha Japan engineering contact from working with the guys at Dolby
on a previous Yamaha issue, but last time I emailed them I kinda got the feeling they were not very interested, and would not refer me to a US contact, I was referred to call tech support.....

Since then, Amazon announced Prime streaming, which I have, or am supposed to on my Roku 3.

Sad to say too many work and home projects on the plate have limited me from the fun stuff.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
Nor my wife for that matter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8972 of 8975 Old 04-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe View Post
I have only had one chance since my last post to listen to Pandora on my A3000, and then it was solid for about 2 hours...

I have not heard back from our Pandora rep, who was on vacation part of last week.

I do have a Yamaha Japan engineering contact from working with the guys at Dolby
on a previous Yamaha issue, but last time I emailed them I kinda got the feeling they were not very interested, and would not refer me to a US contact, I was referred to call tech support.....

Since then, Amazon announced Prime streaming, which I have, or am supposed to on my Roku 3.

Sad to say too many work and home projects on the plate have limited me from the fun stuff.

Too bad about all your other problems. However, I have a three-year-old Roku and Amazon prime streaming works quite well and at least on my connection the quality is better than Netflix. I would be surprised if Amazon prime did not work fine on your current Roku.
post #8973 of 8975 Old 04-13-2015, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to stream audio from an iPad, using Yamaha's AV Controller App, to an RX-A1000. This has worked in the past but I can't get it working now.

I think the problem is the input the A1000 is using. The Controller App says the input is my iPad 3. But the display screen of the A1000 itself shows another input, for instance, a PC on the Local Area Network. I don't know what I should change this to to receive from the iPad.

I've done the two-button reset but no change.

Last edited by buggsy2; 04-13-2015 at 06:47 AM.
post #8974 of 8975 Old 04-13-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
I'm trying to stream audio from an iPad, using Yamaha's AV Controller App, to an RX-A1000. This has worked in the past but I can't get it working now.

I think the problem is the input the A1000 is using. The Controller App says the input is my iPad 3. But the display screen of the A1000 itself shows another input, for instance, a PC on the Local Area Network. I don't know what I should change this to to receive from the iPad.

I've done the two-button reset but no change.

PC is what should show when you stream from iDevice.
In your defense, the important part of the using streaming is not in the manual. It will ONLY stream music you have in the iTunes Music app. It will not stream from music from Amazon Music, Spotify, or some other similar service whether downloaded to your device or not.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #8975 of 8975 Unread Today, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I finally heard back from my Pandora rep today...standby... we'll see...
Cravit8 likes this.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MeTv, or AntennaTv; my employer; or its parent company.
Nor my wife for that matter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page