"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 306 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 22Likes
post #9151 of 9174 Old 12-17-2015, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Another question though. If all my rear speakers are set to Small, wouldn't that be the purpose to have Front/Rear setting for the Subs? Yet it didn't work for DPLIIx Movie.

"The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9152 of 9174 Old 01-14-2016, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello - I am looking at both a used RX-A1000 and RX-A2000. I plan on using an external 5ch amp that I have had for several years and am happy with. If I am using this unit as a processor only, does the RX-A2000 offer anything that the A1000 does not?
post #9153 of 9174 Old 01-15-2016, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by adb3da View Post
Hello - I am looking at both a used RX-A1000 and RX-A2000. I plan on using an external 5ch amp that I have had for several years and am happy with. If I am using this unit as a processor only, does the RX-A2000 offer anything that the A1000 does not?
Don't quote me but some differences were a bit more power on the A2000 and a couple more features like HD Radio tuner, etc...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

email: editor@VARTV.com
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

post #9154 of 9174 Old 01-15-2016, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adb3da View Post
Here's a direct link to a comparison chart between the two from Yamaha:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...158384_158385_
post #9155 of 9174 Old 01-15-2016, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd51 View Post
Here's a direct link to a comparison chart between the two from Yamaha:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...158384_158385_
Thanks! It looks like the A2000 has a few additional features. And it looks like the YPAO might be a bit more sophisticated. Good to know!
post #9156 of 9174 Old 01-16-2016, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Oh no. I just updated to the latest firmware. All my settings are gone. I no longer have access to the dvd, zones, anf the tv will not show unless the receiver is on. No more TV selection option. Volume is waaaay low.

What do i do? Is there a way to revert back to 3.5? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
post #9157 of 9174 Old 01-17-2016, 09:21 AM

Ok, so i went back And started from the beginning. I have it all up now, but it sounds all different and i have a couple questions. Im running Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand as my mains. They are 4 Ohms, but there is no option for that on the A3000. Should i use the 6 Ohms? The rest of the surrounds were here when i bought the house and i assume theyre 8 Ohms. Center Channel is Paradigm Reference Studio 490. Doesnt say what Ohms on the back and i honestly dont remember what it is.

Im also getting an out of phase error that i didnt have prior.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated.
post #9158 of 9174 Unread 01-20-2016, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs2099 View Post
Looks like somebody at Yamaha listened. The new firmware version - 3.65 - seems to be working flawlessly with Pandora. Now lets wait for the release notes to be published. Yamaha's web site still lists 3.50 as the latest firmware version.
Now this is good news. Has the performance of Pandora held up? When you upgrade firmware, do you lose any settings?
post #9159 of 9174 Unread 01-20-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolinNTX View Post
Ok, so i went back And started from the beginning. I have it all up now, but it sounds all different and i have a couple questions. Im running Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand as my mains. They are 4 Ohms, but there is no option for that on the A3000. Should i use the 6 Ohms? The rest of the surrounds were here when i bought the house and i assume theyre 8 Ohms. Center Channel is Paradigm Reference Studio 490. Doesnt say what Ohms on the back and i honestly dont remember what it is.

Im also getting an out of phase error that i didnt have prior.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated.
Out of phase should mean one of your speakers is wired backward.

The ohms should be set to 6 ohms for 4 ohm speakers, I confirmed that with Yamaha.
post #9160 of 9174 Unread 01-20-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Oh no. I just updated to the latest firmware. All my settings are gone. I no longer have access to the dvd, zones, anf the tv will not show unless the receiver is on. No more TV selection option. Volume is waaaay low.

What do i do? Is there a way to revert back to 3.5? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Looks like this is an answer to my earlier question. I just remembered though, that you can save settings to a profile through the web interface. Does anyone know if this works when you upgrade firmware?
post #9161 of 9174 Unread 01-20-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcollns View Post
Out of phase should mean one of your speakers is wired backward.

The ohms should be set to 6 ohms for 4 ohm speakers, I confirmed that with Yamaha.
Thanks a mucho!

I think my sub no longer kicks in with the lows. Got any suggestions? Im sure its in the settings somewhere. (Been 3+ yrs since i set this up last time).
post #9162 of 9174 Unread 01-20-2016, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHayBanda View Post
I have a rxa3000 and no sound at all since this morning. I turned it on and now, it's oh so quiet... Video is OK on all sources as far as I can tell. No sound on Internet radio etc. either. Decoder remains off for me too (like it cannot lock on the audio stream). I tried resetting all settings to default to no avail. Funny thing is initiating an upgrade to the latest firmware version (3.65) appears to go through except I get an error! 0010 at the end. Could that be related? Doesn't resolve the no sound issue though. Does anybody know if there is a fuse i can check or something. This is a major pita for me now and I really don't want to buy another receiver. Thanks in advance
I am having a similar problem with my RX-A1000. HDMI video signals are passing thru fine... but not audio from any source. It has been well cared for and worked perfectly, until now. Connections are Tivo Series 3, Sony PS3, Xbox 360, Panasonic TC-P50GT50 TV, Yamaha CDC-A685... with a Logitech Harmony 900 remote.

It was putting out fine sound just 5 minutes ago from my Tivo.... Until I switched source to HDMI 3 (my Xbox)... now no audio from any source, even analogue. WTF?

I have a hard time believing that while I was using it, the electronics just suddenly failed. This seems more like a programming / processing issue.

This seems like a sound processing/HDMI issue between TV and amplifier (I sometimes have to power cycle the AV amp to get it to process the audio coming into it from an HDMI source... from my PS3 or Tivo... especially if I am using the Harmony remote.

Any ideas?

Heck... I may just have to go back to my analogue pre-amp and run audio for video sources out of the TV... and screw this whole DSP mess.
post #9163 of 9174 Unread 01-21-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxiu View Post
Not through HDMI but you can still output independent video to Zone 2 using analog Monitor Out (as long as you have your video source connected using analog inputs as well).
Wow, this is infuriating to hear. I designed my basement with an independent Zone 2 as a critical piece of the puzzle, and never realized it was just a splitter. Why bother include it then?
post #9164 of 9174 Unread 01-21-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks a mucho!

I think my sub no longer kicks in with the lows. Got any suggestions? Im sure its in the settings somewhere. (Been 3+ yrs since i set this up last time).
My 4 ohm speakers kick pretty hard (it is actually two 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel), so I never bothered to add a subwoofer.
post #9165 of 9174 Unread 01-21-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Wow, this is infuriating to hear. I designed my basement with an independent Zone 2 as a critical piece of the puzzle, and never realized it was just a splitter. Why bother include it then?
Where did you get the impression the RX-A2000 did Zone output via HDMI? This wasn't a common feature back when this unit was released (2010, I think?) and may not even be that prevalent for zone outputs today...
post #9166 of 9174 Unread 01-22-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd51 View Post
Where did you get the impression the RX-A2000 did Zone output via HDMI? This wasn't a common feature back when this unit was released (2010, I think?) and may not even be that prevalent for zone outputs today...
I guess I just don't see the point of having two identical outputs. I can buy a simple video splitter to accomplish that, so it really doesn't add much. When I can output three different music streams to three different zones, it seemed like a natural conclusion that they were allowing independent video feeds to two of those zones. Also, the way that the different inputs are assignable through the scene settings reinforced the idea. Otherwise, I don't see a reason that both outputs wouldn't always be on. Even looking at the manual now, it really isn't clear that you can't use it as a second zone. Also, even though the feature was not common, I always felt this receiver was far from common. This is as close to my dream receiver as anyone has come.

I guess my expectations are frequently just too high. I have complaints with the way that the audio zones are limited as well. I understand that there is only one DAC, but I don't understand why I can play a CD on my toslink connected blu-ray player in zone 1 and Pandora in zone 2, but I can't do the reverse.

I'll figure out a way around this, it's just annoying.

Last edited by rdcollns; 01-22-2016 at 01:11 PM.
post #9167 of 9174 Unread 01-22-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I guess I just don't see the point of having two identical outputs. I can buy a simple video splitter to accomplish that, so it really doesn't add much. When I can output three different music streams to three different zones, it seemed like a natural conclusion that they were allowing independent video feeds to two of those zones. Also, the way that the different inputs are assignable through the scene settings reinforced the idea. Otherwise, I don't see a reason that both outputs wouldn't always be on. Even looking at the manual now, it really isn't clear that you can't use it as a second zone. Also, even though the feature was not common, I always felt this receiver was far from common. This is as close to my dream receiver as anyone has come.

I guess my expectations are frequently just too high. I have complaints with the way that the audio zones are limited as well. I understand that there is only one DAC, but I don't understand why I can play a CD on my toslink connected blu-ray player in zone 1 and Pandora in zone 2, but I can't do the reverse.

I'll figure out a way around this, it's just annoying.
I see your point and can certainly see the benefit in it, I just wasn't sure if it was in their literature somewhere I didn't see.

When I had this in my home theater setup (and currently how I'm currently using my CX-A5000), I'd used one output to my RP DLP TV and the other to my projector, so essentially like a splitter.
post #9168 of 9174 Unread 01-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Streaming Help

Here's a new problem with my 2000. I can stream Net Radio and Pandora with no problem. All of a sudden when I go to play files from my NAS, all the artwork and metadata show as normal but the file will not play. As early as last weekend I was playing files with no issues. Nothing has changed on our home network. All firmware on the 2000 and NAS are up to date. The files will play on all other devices on the network. The 2000 is the only AVR on the network.
post #9169 of 9174 Unread 01-23-2016, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Cochran View Post
Any ideas?
Pull the power plug (or flip the breaker) for 30 seconds then test again.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #9170 of 9174 Unread 01-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Pull the power plug (or flip the breaker) for 30 seconds then test again.
Ah yes, old reliable, not this time. Last hing I did before posting, no luck.
post #9171 of 9174 Unread 01-25-2016, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic26 View Post
Ah yes, old reliable, not this time. Last hing I did before posting, no luck.
1. Do you get sound when trying the tuner?
2. Did you try Initializing the Processor (p 147 of the RX-A3000 Manual)?
post #9172 of 9174 Unread 01-26-2016, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraweiss View Post
1. Do you get sound when trying the tuner?
2. Did you try Initializing the Processor (p 147 of the RX-A3000 Manual)?
As I said in my original post, Pandora and Net Radio work. I can also stream internet radio from the NAS. When trying to stream files from the NAS, I get all the Metadata and artwork on the OSD, the files won't play. In the past when it was a transcoding problem at the NAS, I would get the message "file not supported" on the OSD. Not this time I also checked the NAS to make sure the transcoding settings were correct
post #9173 of 9174 Unread 01-28-2016, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 27
A1000- can you select pattern/turn off sub in scene?

I have a RX-A1000.

I prefer to have the sub off for music. I can currently do it by switching between speaker setup patterns, so not ideal.

Is there a way to save the pattern as part of setting the scene? I think I was googling and this might be possible in later and/or higher models such as the 2020.

I just wanted to confirm this isn't possible with the RX-A1000?

Thanks
post #9174 of 9174 Unread 01-30-2016, 03:15 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlca1 View Post
I have a RX-A1000.

I prefer to have the sub off for music. I can currently do it by switching between speaker setup patterns, so not ideal.

Is there a way to save the pattern as part of setting the scene? I think I was googling and this might be possible in later and/or higher models such as the 2020.

I just wanted to confirm this isn't possible with the RX-A1000?

Thanks
Each scene setting allows to select one of the two speaker settings - Pattern1/Pattern2. Page 100 in the manual.
bustamelon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors