"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 307 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #9181 of 9209 Old 03-31-2016, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryaz1 View Post
Does your 2000 still work with Sirius. I'm currently fighting with Onkyo about my 709 (roughly same model year) and their inability to update for Sirius. Right now they're just offering a Bluetooth USB dongle to play my phone's Sirius app.

Thanks
We use SiriusXM IR for background music here at home (we both work from home). We've stopped using it on the Yammy because it "times out" on us. Now we listen thru our Roku player. Plus it has way more listening options than the receiver does...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

email: editor@VARTV.com
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9182 of 9209 Old 04-09-2016, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm having issues with my USB input (using a portable hard drive) displaying album artwork. Downloaded Jaikoz to fix the metadata - tried a few albums. Some will display others will not....this has frustrated me for years. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
post #9183 of 9209 Old 04-14-2016, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lost Audio on all inputs - no speaker indicators either

Hi all. I have an RX-A3000. I just had a very odd occurrence. My audio started playing crackly. I turned off and back on the receiver. Now I get no audio on any of the inputs. I also noticed the speaker indicator lights are not showing my speakers anymore. Did something just break/blow? Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas to try? Any luck having it serviced/fixed? It isn't on mute.I still get video just fine. This isn't a new setup and I haven't made any changes recently.
post #9184 of 9209 Old 04-21-2016, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileychris View Post
Hi all. I have an RX-A3000. I just had a very odd occurrence. My audio started playing crackly. I turned off and back on the receiver. Now I get no audio on any of the inputs. I also noticed the speaker indicator lights are not showing my speakers anymore. Did something just break/blow? Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas to try? Any luck having it serviced/fixed? It isn't on mute.I still get video just fine. This isn't a new setup and I haven't made any changes recently.

Sounds like speaker wire got pulled out.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #9185 of 9209 Old 04-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I just had this happen with my RX3000. Turned it on about a couple of weeks ago and there was an odd crackling sound that came from one of the wireless speakers running off a wireless amp connected to the speaker output of the rx3000. Worked just fine afterwards but about a week later there was no audio after turning it on. Turned it off and on and it worked fine. The next day when i turned it on there was no sound. Turned it off and back on and after that didn't work i unplugged it and when i turned it back on it worked just fine. I left it on for 3 days and it worked fine until i turned it off again and now i don't get any sound. All the switches click whn u turn it on but no output from the speakers or headphone. This is a spare unit i have and only have rca audio hooked up. Maybe I'll feel like trying other things later.
andrewpolk likes this.
post #9186 of 9209 Old 05-20-2016, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone here know how to pass-thru HDMI video across Yamaha RX-A2000 series receivers?
I have an issue where the 3D signal coming from my Dune HD 4K streamer is not displayed as 3D
on my Epson projector when HDMI is switched via this receiver. Direct connection from the Dune to Epson works fine
but that's not acceptable due to no audio.
post #9187 of 9209 Old 05-21-2016, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Help! I purchased the rx-a1000 receiver for a great deal about 3 years ago while building my theater room. The room is "mostly" done and I have the speakers set up. I dreamed of a 7.1 system in addition to the front presence speakers. According to my research all I had to do was use an external amp and connect it to the surround back speakers while connecting the front presence speakers to the zone 2 extra speaker jacks. After doing this no sound from the surround back speakers. I called Yamaha and they said no way Jose you cannot get all the speakers to produce sound at the same time on this receiver even with the external amp. I tried the power amp assign and I set it to 7 plus 1 zone and it did not turn on the front presence speakers. Help! Was it all just a dream, forcing me to get a newer receiver?
post #9188 of 9209 Old 05-21-2016, 03:50 PM

... a dream, a simple fantasy, that I wished was reality!!!
post #9189 of 9209 Old 05-23-2016, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I have my RX-A1000 set up in 5.1 but if I recall my reading of the manual, it will only allow a total of 7 speakers to work at any one time (so 5.1 plus presence OR 7.1 without presence OR 5.1 plus zone 2 OR 7.1 and Zone 2--but zone 2 cannot work if 7.1 is engaged simultaneously). I think you may be out of luck for what you want to do.
andrewpolk likes this.
post #9190 of 9209 Old 05-23-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation View Post
I have my RX-A1000 set up in 5.1 but if I recall my reading of the manual, it will only allow a total of 7 speakers to work at any one time (so 5.1 plus presence OR 7.1 without presence OR 5.1 plus zone 2 OR 7.1 and Zone 2--but zone 2 cannot work if 7.1 is engaged simultaneously). I think you may be out of luck for what you want to do.
Thanks Ovation.. If I felt better I would give you a standing ovation. However, this means I have to save my pennies and get a newer yammie. The good thing is the presence speakers do give you a broader sound stage. It sounds great. I will get my jar and start saving some dollars - pennies will get you nowhere with this hobby.
post #9191 of 9209 Old 05-24-2016, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Anyone know how to hookup a mackie profx12 mixer to the RX-A2000 that will put out sound if I speak to the microphone (mic connect to mixer), regardless of what input I selected on the receiver?

Here is what I wish to achieve:

-Def Tech speakers hooked up to receiver
-karaoke player hooked up to receiver via audio 1 RCA for sound, video cable goes to tv
-mixer to receiver (how?)
-mic to mixer

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk
post #9192 of 9209 Old 05-24-2016, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You probably want to go from the tape out on the mixer to tape in (or any rca/analog in other than phono) on the receiver. The receiver would have to be switched to the tape input though. I don't think you can have it "regardless of what input. "

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
post #9193 of 9209 Old 05-24-2016, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
Anyone know how to hookup a mackie profx12 mixer to the RX-A2000 that will put out sound if I speak to the microphone (mic connect to mixer), regardless of what input I selected on the receiver?

Here is what I wish to achieve:

-Def Tech speakers hooked up to receiver
-karaoke player hooked up to receiver via audio 1 RCA for sound, video cable goes to tv
-mixer to receiver (how?)
-mic to mixer

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk
I would put the mic and karaoke audio sources into the mixer. Then take the audio line out RCA outputs from the Mackie into the line inputs on the receiver paired with the video you want to use for karaoke.
post #9194 of 9209 Old 05-25-2016, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Phono Stage

I have an RX-A2000 and I just bought a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB DC turntable. Although I won't be hooking up the turntable for a while, I was wondering (without going through 300 pages) if anyone had any input on the phono stage on the Yamaha. Is it worthwhile or would I benefit greatly by going with an external phono box? Thanks for any input.

post #9195 of 9209 Old 05-25-2016, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Built-in phono is perfectly respectable IMHO. Although I don't have any specs offhand, it's likely as good as any other consumer level receiver in that regard. I would suggest trying it first. If you're unsatisfied, you can always add an external amp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
post #9196 of 9209 Old 05-26-2016, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm happy with the phono input in Yamaha. At least for me it works way better than the built in phono amplifier of Audio-Technica LP.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum 48k
post #9197 of 9209 Old 05-26-2016, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes46-andre20 View Post
Help! I purchased the rx-a1000 receiver for a great deal about 3 years ago while building my theater room. The room is "mostly" done and I have the speakers set up. I dreamed of a 7.1 system in addition to the front presence speakers. According to my research all I had to do was use an external amp and connect it to the surround back speakers while connecting the front presence speakers to the zone 2 extra speaker jacks. After doing this no sound from the surround back speakers. I called Yamaha and they said no way Jose you cannot get all the speakers to produce sound at the same time on this receiver even with the external amp. I tried the power amp assign and I set it to 7 plus 1 zone and it did not turn on the front presence speakers. Help! Was it all just a dream, forcing me to get a newer receiver?

Not true, I can't speak for the 1000, but on my 2000 the only way to get front presence is to use an external amp, I think the manual implies otherwise.

I bought a $20 amp, hooked up the pre-outs on the front presence output and use the amp knob to control the volume, which I've never changed.

Does that make sense?

post #9198 of 9209 Old 05-26-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Not true, I can't speak for the 1000, but on my 2000 the only way to get front presence is to use an external amp, I think the manual implies otherwise.

I bought a $20 amp, hooked up the pre-outs on the front presence output and use the amp knob to control the volume, which I've never changed.

Does that make sense?
Cravit8,

I will give it a shot this weekend. Thanks for a little boost of encouragement. I will report back with the results.
post #9199 of 9209 Old 05-27-2016, 12:50 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

Does that make sense?
On my 2067 (European version of 2000 model) I'm running 7.2 setup with front height presence speakers. 9 speakers in total. I'm using external amp for 2 main front speakers. Remaining 7 are powered by Yamaha. That way I have all 9 speakers running simultaneously.

post #9200 of 9209 Old 05-27-2016, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxiu View Post
On my 2067 (European version of 2000 model) I'm running 7.2 setup with front height presence speakers. 9 speakers in total. I'm using external amp for 2 main front speakers. Remaining 7 are powered by Yamaha. That way I have all 9 speakers running simultaneously.

I think this is what I alluded to, counterintuitively the receiver does not support all 9 channels, only 7, unless you incorporate the pre-outs into the setup; all the pre-outs are live/hot so that's good.

post #9201 of 9209 Old 05-27-2016, 03:10 PM

Okay - after dealing with crazy traffic, I got home and immediately tried to connect the external amp to surround sound back and even zone 2 pre-outs. No go on the a-1000 receiver. That is okay. At some future point I will upgrade, but for now, I am enjoying Teena Marie tell me how she is out on a limb and so am I for her. She will be missed as a great great singer!!!
post #9202 of 9209 Old 05-28-2016, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I believe the difference between the 1000 and 2000 on this matter was intentional, as an "upsale" feature for the 2000.
post #9203 of 9209 Old 06-03-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessel holland View Post
I just had this happen with my RX3000. Turned it on about a couple of weeks ago and there was an odd crackling sound that came from one of the wireless speakers running off a wireless amp connected to the speaker output of the rx3000. Worked just fine afterwards but about a week later there was no audio after turning it on. Turned it off and on and it worked fine. The next day when i turned it on there was no sound. Turned it off and back on and after that didn't work i unplugged it and when i turned it back on it worked just fine. I left it on for 3 days and it worked fine until i turned it off again and now i don't get any sound. All the switches click whn u turn it on but no output from the speakers or headphone. This is a spare unit i have and only have rca audio hooked up. Maybe I'll feel like trying other things later.
I have the exact same problem with my RX-A2000 as well! Same crackling and intermittent problem with no sound. Then last night I'm watching TV and pause it and then the sound is completely gone. Video comes thru on all inputs but no sound. The front display is showing no speakers attached and no audio signal is present. Unplugged the receiver and reset the whole system and still no sound. I then reset the receiver to factory settings with no luck. I then tried to do a network firmware update and received an error. Is there an internal fuse to check. All my speaker cables are good. Could it be an HDMI issue? I have 4 inputs all using HDMI and the problem is across all inputs.
andrewpolk likes this.
post #9204 of 9209 Old 06-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarver View Post
I have the exact same problem with my RX-A2000 as well! Same crackling and intermittent problem with no sound. Then last night I'm watching TV and pause it and then the sound is completely gone. Video comes thru on all inputs but no sound. The front display is showing no speakers attached and no audio signal is present. Unplugged the receiver and reset the whole system and still no sound. I then reset the receiver to factory settings with no luck. I then tried to do a network firmware update and received an error. Is there an internal fuse to check. All my speaker cables are good. Could it be an HDMI issue? I have 4 inputs all using HDMI and the problem is across all inputs.
I've played with mine some more trying pre-amp outs, headphone out and it will not output audio from any output. Hopefully, for others who purchased this model year, this won't be a widespread problem just waiting to happen but I did get several years of satisfaction from it at a ridiculous price from a beast buy open box close out.
post #9205 of 9209 Old 06-13-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence_junk View Post
When the Yamaha RX-A1000 protection circuitry has operated 3 times consecutively the unit turns itself off and becomes "bricked". Yamaha then recommends you send it in for service.

You can reset the RX-A1000 yourself by pressing Main Zone + Info + Tone Control buttons simultaneously for several seconds.
DUDE THANKS!!!!! My sprinkler system was taken out by lightning and some of the electronics in the house aren't working. I thought my Rx a2000 was one of the dead soldiers but this reset it immediately!!! You saved me $$
foxxiu likes this.
post #9206 of 9209 Old 06-16-2016, 03:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by termite View Post
Anyone here know how to pass-thru HDMI video across Yamaha RX-A2000 series receivers?
I have an issue where the 3D signal coming from my Dune HD 4K streamer is not displayed as 3D
on my Epson projector when HDMI is switched via this receiver. Direct connection from the Dune to Epson works fine
but that's not acceptable due to no audio.
If you're still having this issue, it's probably that you're streaming with an outgoing resolution of 4k. The older A2000 cannot pass a signal greater than 1080p even via passthrough mode. Its HDMI controller is just too old (HDMI 1.3a with a subset of 1.4 features). I'm going to come up against this very issue myself in the near future when I get my GTX 1080 into my Hack Pro and want to game at 4k60. The original Aventage lineup was great for its time, but unfortunately for us early adopters it aged far less gracefully than did previous generations thanks to the advent of HDMI 2.0/2.0b and HDCP 2.2.

The latter (HDCP 2.2) is going to be your main problem as only the Ax50 and later series Aventage AVRs have the capability to pass through protected content using HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. It's time to upgrade your AVR. It's too old for your streaming device.
jstaple2 likes this.

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #9207 of 9209 Old 06-16-2016, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
If you're still having this issue, it's probably that you're streaming with an outgoing resolution of 4k. The older A2000 cannot pass a signal greater than 1080p even via passthrough mode. Its HDMI controller is just too old (HDMI 1.3a with a subset of 1.4 features). I'm going to come up against this very issue myself in the near future when I get my GTX 1080 into my Hack Pro and want to game at 4k60. The original Aventage lineup was great for its time, but unfortunately for us early adopters it aged far less gracefully than did previous generations thanks to the advent of HDMI 2.0/2.0b and HDCP 2.2.

The latter (HDCP 2.2) is going to be your main problem as only the Ax50 and later series Aventage AVRs have the capability to pass through protected content using HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. It's time to upgrade your AVR. It's too old for your streaming device.
No I was only streaming 1080P. Anyway it turned out the issue was related to the way Dune was passing 3D info
and they fixed it quickly with a firmware update. All is well now.
andrewpolk likes this.
post #9208 of 9209 Old 06-16-2016, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sweet. Well, that staves off new purchases for a little while then. Though you'll not be able to go above 1080p until you get a new AVR. Would kill for AVRs to have the locking DisplayPort connectors on it so we could get every last spec possible crammed into our display connections for flexibility. Too many "HDMI 2.0" claims from consumer gear makers that fudge the spec and are really just 1.4a @ 4:2:0 subsampling rates.

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #9209 of 9209 Old 06-24-2016, 06:32 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
It seems a few people here are having this issue. Has anyone found a fix?

I'm recently having the same issue with my RX-A2000. It started with audio cracking/breaking up, then went to no audio and no speaker indicators on the display. Here's a list of symptoms I've seen so far.
  • All inputs are without audio and no amount of power cycling or changing inputs/cables has helped.
  • The tuner is dropping audio and the test tones do not work which I believe rules out an HDMI issue.
  • The issue comes and goes. I sometimes get audio, including working test tones for all speakers, but it eventually drops out again.
  • Speaker indicators on the display come and go with the audio.
  • I updated to the latest firmware but that didn't help.

I saw one suggestion that this could be due to a speaker being unplugged. I have in-wall speakers so it's possible a wiring issue has cropped up. My next step is to test this by unplugging my in-wall speakers and temporarily connecting some other speakers with wire which I know is good.

Any other ideas on what could be causing this? I appreciate any help or guidance anyone can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page