"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 308 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #9211 of 9235 Old 08-09-2016, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
There is new firmware available, 3.70 network and USB update possible.
foxxiu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9212 of 9235 Old 08-10-2016, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadajo View Post
There is new firmware available, 3.70 network and USB update possible.

I've been having SiriusIR dropouts all summer long. Hopeful this will improve things.
post #9213 of 9235 Old 08-24-2016, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Anyone know what this update does?
post #9214 of 9235 Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk295 View Post
I've been having SiriusIR dropouts all summer long. Hopeful this will improve things.
I noticed this too. Unfortunately, I like to have the stream continuously running but the receiver won't let you. After several hours, I notice that the stream audio drops to a very low quality... and many times timing out at 360 minutes (6hrs). Plus, if you listen to SiriusIR on another device, the stream will automatically drop on the Yamaha. For some reason when I listen to SiriusIR thru our Roku player, it never times out and the stream continues when starting another session on another device...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

email: editor@VARTV.com
facebook: facebook.com/VARTV

twitter: twitter.com/VARTV

linkedin: linkedin.com/in/VARTV

google+: plus.google.com

pinterest: pinterest.com/VARTV

post #9215 of 9235 Old 08-25-2016, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARTV View Post
I noticed this too. Unfortunately, I like to have the stream continuously running but the receiver won't let you. After several hours, I notice that the stream audio drops to a very low quality... and many times timing out at 360 minutes (6hrs). Plus, if you listen to SiriusIR on another device, the stream will automatically drop on the Yamaha. For some reason when I listen to SiriusIR thru our Roku player, it never times out and the stream continues when starting another session on another device...

My experience has been similar. Drop downs to low quality and drop outs. Bandwidth is not an issue at my home.

Unfortunately I still had dropouts after upgrading the fw.
post #9216 of 9235 Old 08-26-2016, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk295 View Post
My experience has been similar. Drop downs to low quality and drop outs. Bandwidth is not an issue at my home.

Unfortunately I still had dropouts after upgrading the fw.
Welp... I guess I'm not rushing to move to 3.70. Thanks for your post.

Robert F Corbin

post #9217 of 9235 Old 08-28-2016, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi guys. Question. the Yamaha RXA1000 can it do sound over HDMI and output sound thru optical at the same time. I cant seem to get the optical to work, and I am wondering if this is a limitation to this AVR. What i am trying to achieve is quite simple, yet no go. I want to watch movie, etc with regular 5.1 setup, yet also over a pair of wireless headsets. The set is a PX5 and has optical in which i am hooking up to the receiver. The kicker here is, to listen thru the headsets the AVR has to be off, and once AVR is on headsets go off and 5.1 speakers turn on. i cant get both to work at the same time. Is this a limitation to this AVR?

Wife likes to listen to shows, games etc at different volume, I like it a bit louder etc. So both at the same time would be perfect, yet no go. Any ideas.

Thanks guys!
post #9218 of 9235 Old 08-30-2016, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datagg View Post
Hi guys. Question. the Yamaha RXA1000 can it do sound over HDMI and output sound thru optical at the same time. I cant seem to get the optical to work, and I am wondering if this is a limitation to this AVR. What i am trying to achieve is quite simple, yet no go. I want to watch movie, etc with regular 5.1 setup, yet also over a pair of wireless headsets. The set is a PX5 and has optical in which i am hooking up to the receiver. The kicker here is, to listen thru the headsets the AVR has to be off, and once AVR is on headsets go off and 5.1 speakers turn on. i cant get both to work at the same time. Is this a limitation to this AVR?

Wife likes to listen to shows, games etc at different volume, I like it a bit louder etc. So both at the same time would be perfect, yet no go. Any ideas.

Thanks guys!
It won't do it. The optical output of the A1000 will not carry any audio that is also being output from an HDMI source (won't transcribe the HDMI audio to optical). The only way I can see it working would be to connect the HDMI source (BD, DVD, cable box, etc.) with a secondary optical cable to the AVR. You would then need to bypass the HDMI audio path (select optical rather than HDMI or AUTO for input for your source in the AVR). In theory, in an all optical path, you should get sound. However, it may only work for 2ch signals. I've never tried anything like on mine but it could work.

Ex:

Cable box--->AVR via optical as well as HDMI
Input Cable Box Setup---> choose optical for audio, rather than HDMI or AUTO
(may have to choose stereo instead of 5.1 to make it work)
AVR optical out--->headphone box

Cross your fingers.

Other option is to connect the source device via optical directly to the headphone box (though I don't know if that will induce delays in audio).

This will only work on an input by input basis. I don't think it is possible to have this be a global setting for all the inputs, unless you want to bypass HDMI audio for all sources and, possibly, MCH audio regardless of path (HDMI, optical or other).

Good luck.
post #9219 of 9235 Old 08-30-2016, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation View Post
It won't do it. The optical output of the A1000 will not carry any audio that is also being output from an HDMI source (won't transcribe the HDMI audio to optical). The only way I can see it working would be to connect the HDMI source (BD, DVD, cable box, etc.) with a secondary optical cable to the AVR. You would then need to bypass the HDMI audio path (select optical rather than HDMI or AUTO for input for your source in the AVR). In theory, in an all optical path, you should get sound. However, it may only work for 2ch signals. I've never tried anything like on mine but it could work.

Ex:

Cable box--->AVR via optical as well as HDMI
Input Cable Box Setup---> choose optical for audio, rather than HDMI or AUTO
(may have to choose stereo instead of 5.1 to make it work)
AVR optical out--->headphone box

Cross your fingers.

Other option is to connect the source device via optical directly to the headphone box (though I don't know if that will induce delays in audio).

This will only work on an input by input basis. I don't think it is possible to have this be a global setting for all the inputs, unless you want to bypass HDMI audio for all sources and, possibly, MCH audio regardless of path (HDMI, optical or other).

Good luck.
Great idea... I am thinking though this may be just unpractical in the end. Right now, I have an XBOX1 and a Nvidia Shield plugged into the AVR. Then HDMI out to TV. Since the RX1000 didn't do optical, I just plugged an optical into the px5 box to the optical in on the TV then utilizing arc it worked great, yet of course i couldn't have the 5.1 speakers and the headphones working at the same time. To get sound to headphones, the AVR needs to be off. This was the only way to get sound from the XB1 and from the shield. My hopes where to just send optical from AVR to Px5 box, yet as you stated and i feared a limitation.

I will be upgrading to a 4K set soon, so based on the Yamaha not letting that pass anyways, I am thinking its time to let the relic go and buy a Denon or something. I just seen on Amazon a unit for approx $300 and sell this Yamaha as its getting a pretty penny still on Ebay. Anyways thank you for your thoughts on this Ovation, perhaps i will give it a try and just see what happens.

Thanks
post #9220 of 9235 Old 09-01-2016, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm having an issue with HDMI and using Optical for sound, basically Sound VIA HDMI is completely broken, so I need to use a Optical feed for Sound, however that has its own issues, for instance every-time I turn off the receiver it switches back to HDMI and is broken I can not continue changing it every time I turn on receiver as that is crazy and very annoying, but I can not work out how to get the setting to save between restarts (without that it is worthless). This is on Page 28 of the manual, but is says nothing about it being temporary or how to make it permanent.

Thanks,
ERIC

Current HTPC (of the moment):
i7 2600K (at 4.6GHZ),16GB RAM
GTX 1070 (at 2.085Ghz)
Samsung 850 Pro and 3WARE 9690SA RAID6 (5.8TB)

ERIC
post #9221 of 9235 Old 09-13-2016, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes, you can listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio thru your Yammy. I have their All Access package... I need to check the firmware...
Hmmm, something is going on and I'm not sure what. About 2 weeks ago I decided to plug my user id/password on my trial Sirius XM Package into my RX-A3000 because I wanted to see if it would work before the trial expired. At that time, it worked. I've done a few other things since then, including consolidating siriusxm accounts, and updating software from 3.2 to the newest version (my first firmware update ever on this AVR).

Now when I try to log in with my Sirius XM user id/password, I get Access Error. Anyone know how to resolve this?
andrewpolk likes this.

Samsung TV - PN59D8000 - wall mounted
HW50ES projector w/electric Elite 120" ceiling mounted screen (drops in front of plasma)
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A3000
Front Speakers - B&W CM9, Center - B&W CMC2, Surrounds - B&W CM5
SVS PB12+, SVS PB13 Ultra
post #9222 of 9235 Old 09-14-2016, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am thinking of getting SirriusXM. Here's my dilemma. My 2000 is in the basement, at the North end of the house, with a tiny window at the ceiling on the North facing wall. How will I get the antenna, which the Sirrius CSR said needs to face South, to the unit. I may be able to get wiring from the antenna to the unit. Even if I do the antenna would only be about 10ft of of the ground with 40 - 50 ft trees nearby. Will I have enough clearance to get a signal?
post #9223 of 9235 Old 09-14-2016, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic26 View Post
I am thinking of getting SirriusXM. Here's my dilemma. My 2000 is in the basement, at the North end of the house, with a tiny window at the ceiling on the North facing wall. How will I get the antenna, which the Sirrius CSR said needs to face South, to the unit. I may be able to get wiring from the antenna to the unit. Even if I do the antenna would only be about 10ft of of the ground with 40 - 50 ft trees nearby. Will I have enough clearance to get a signal?
Are you getting it exclusively for the Yammy? We use SiriusXM Internet Radio with our 2000...

Robert F Corbin

post #9224 of 9235 Old 09-14-2016, 05:11 PM

So I finally got past the access error with Sirius Internet Radio (IR), and it was so frustrating that I thought I'd document what happened to hopefully help someone else out in the future.

I have multiple radio ID's tied to a single email address, and that email address is what I use to sign in to SiriusXM.com. Once signed in, I can see my radio ID's, and each radio ID has a user id/password that is used for signing in to Sirius Internet Radio.

So for radio 1, the user id is "user1", and for radio 2, the user id is "user2".

The problem I was having was that when I used "user1" and its password to sign in on my Yahama, I kept getting an error message of "Access Error". Note that when I used "user1" and an intentionally wrong password, I received an error message of "Invalid Password" or something like that. That proves that when I'm getting the "Access Error" error message, it's not because of any invalid password.

When I used "user2" and its password to sign in on my Yamaha, it works just fine.

Since one of the user id/passwords DID work, I knew that the Yamaha was working correctly and the issue had something to do with Sirius.

After resetting the passwords for "user1" and "user2", and then logging on to other devices using those credentials as a test, and then logging off those devices, I tried to use those same credentials on my Yamaha. Time after time after time "user1" would fail with "Access Error" and "user2" would work just fine. After multiple hours on the phone with Sirius, and after Sirius attempting to just pass the buck and tell me that Yamaha would need to resolve the issue, I decided I would try one last thing.

I changed "user1" to "user3" on SiriusXM.com, then tried using "user3" on my Yamaha. It worked. Now I have access to Sirius on my Yamaha. Very pleased.

HW50ES projector w/electric Elite 120" ceiling mounted screen (drops in front of plasma)
post #9225 of 9235 Old 09-15-2016, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Are you getting it exclusively for the Yammy? We use SiriusXM Internet Radio with our 2000...
I was thinking of just having it on the 2000. What's the difference? I see the multi-pin plug on the back of the 2000, but all the units on their site have R/W RCA plugs.
post #9226 of 9235 Old 09-15-2016, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I was thinking of just having it on the 2000. What's the difference? I see the multi-pin plug on the back of the 2000, but all the units on their site have R/W RCA plugs.
SiriusIR doesn't require an antenna...

Robert F Corbin

post #9227 of 9235 Old 09-15-2016, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
As said above, avoids the need for an antenna. Just uses your 2000 network connection to stream over internet. If you haven't setup and used your network connection, you are missing out on several neat and useful features!
post #9228 of 9235 Old 09-16-2016, 04:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMP View Post
As said above, avoids the need for an antenna. Just uses your 2000 network connection to stream over internet. If you haven't setup and used your network connection, you are missing out on several neat and useful features!
I use the PC, Pandora and Net Radio all the time. I was toying around on my desktop and tried a trial subscription on the internet. So you're saying if I do a paid internet subscription, I can just log in on the 2000 and use the controls on the 2000 without an antenna?
post #9229 of 9235 Old 09-16-2016, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I use the PC, Pandora and Net Radio all the time. I was toying around on my desktop and tried a trial subscription on the internet. So you're saying if I do a paid internet subscription, I can just log in on the 2000 and use the controls on the 2000 without an antenna?
Yep!

Robert F Corbin

post #9230 of 9235 Old 09-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yep!
Thanks
post #9231 of 9235 Old 09-19-2016, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

About the "Web Control Center". Is there any way to make a desk top shortcut (Windows 7) that points directly to it with out affecting the home page setting in my browsers. My 2000 is in the HT and I use it to feed y RX-V2600 in the Living Room. Sometimes it's easier than the phone app.
post #9232 of 9235 Old 09-19-2016, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
About the "Web Control Center". Is there any way to make a desk top shortcut (Windows 7) that points directly to it with out affecting the home page setting in my browsers.
I have a shortcut on my desktop! And I'm not sure what browser you use, but I have browser set up to open three tabs; one of them being the web control center...

Robert F Corbin

post #9233 of 9235 Old 09-19-2016, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have a shortcut on my desktop! And I'm not sure what browser you use, but I have browser set up to open three tabs; one of them being the web control center...
That's what I have too. I was hoping for a workaround without having to open the other browser tabs.
post #9234 of 9235 Old 09-21-2016, 10:37 AM

So I know that the RX-A3000 doesn't support Atmos, but it does have "height" speaker connections. Has anyone used those connections as their Atmos setup? If you have, did you get the right sounds out of those speakers at the right time when playing a movie with an Atmos soundtrack?

post #9235 of 9235 Old 09-21-2016, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Web Control Center for A2000

Could someone please send me the installer for Web Control Center for the RX-A2000? I lost the program over the years, and it looks like its no longer available to download from Yamaha.

Email: mdubrow AT yahoo DOT com

Thank you!
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page