"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 310 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

post #9271 of 9274 Old 02-10-2017, 02:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
I've got a A-3000 which has recently started causing me some grief. Using the remote I'm having to press and click and bugger around with inputs and turn the tv and/or amp off before somehow I'll eventually get any sound from any of the sources (Apple TV, LG TV [Simplink], Cable TV, Popcorn Hour media player, PS4). I've checked all physical connectors and the connections it all seems okay. Problem happens whether the LG TV Simplink system is connected or not. Anyone got any ideas where to start looking for a solution? Thanks folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are using it next, sit in front of it and look at what the panel is saying re the audio signal. That should give you a clue as to when the source is readable by the receiver.

My no.1 suspect would be an HDMI cable, whether the cable itself or a slightly deformed socket due to previous stress from cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9272 of 9274 Old 02-10-2017, 02:48 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araltd View Post
I'll have to try now that you said it. I already replaced the receiver with a Denon AVR 3300... not in the same league I know, but it has a few cool features I do like already. I will get my A3000 repaired in the future, but right now - it's on the back burner. But when I try the external pre-outs, I'll be sure to post my results.
It used to be accepted that components occasionally failed, and repair shops did a brisk trade. Now one or two people have bad luck and its "poor quality". Too often, easily repairable equipment gets thrown away. I can see no reason (beyond being obsolete) why most A3000s shouldn't be working in 30 years. I have the RX-v3067 and its as good as new. I also run a Yamaha CR-2020 receiver from 1978, also going strong but it has needed the occasional repair.

I would take it to a trusted repair shop. They will be able to give you the right diagnosis. Things like a bad capacitor or a dry solder are simple and cheap to fix. If it's more fundamental, it may not be economical to repair, but could still be sold for parts.

You may even have a "repair cafe" nearby where you might get free diagnostics from a competent volunteer.

Last edited by pabovski; 02-10-2017 at 02:51 AM.
post #9273 of 9274 Old Today, 07:11 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJaye View Post
I've just read your post regarding your RX-A2000, and its need to warm up for a while before sound output is enabled. I have an RX-A3000 that is exhibiting identical symptoms, and was wondering what, if anything you might have done to resolve the fault? Did it worsen over time? Did you have it serviced?

Many thanks,
Jaye.
I also have an A3000 showing the same problem. I've brought it to a Yamaha certified service center and was told the signal processing chip was faulty. The chip or the board that has the chip mounted are no longer available for purchase.

I still hope the diagnosis was wrong and I could just replace a capacitor to make it work again.

post #9274 of 9274 Old Today, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi all.

I'm curious to know if any of the fellow owners of the RX-A3000 have purchased the RX-A3060. I am wanting to add Atmos to my system, which is why I'm thinking about upgrading.

For those of you who have made the switch, other than Atmos were there any significant and noticeable improvements in sound quality or power? Just wondering if I should expect the new receiver to be just like my RX-A3000 but with Atmos, or if there are other significant and noticeable improvements that I could look forward to.

To clarify, I'm aware that Yamaha had added additional features and done other improvements. My question is whether or not those improvements have resulted in a significant and noticeable improvement in sound quality and/power.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Chris

Samsung TV - PN59D8000 - wall mounted
HW50ES projector w/electric Elite 120" ceiling mounted screen (drops in front of plasma)
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A3000
Front Speakers - B&W CM9, Center - B&W CMC2, Surrounds - B&W CM5
SVS PB12+, SVS PB13 Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors