"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 311 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 47Likes

post #9301 of 9306 Old 06-16-2017, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamelon View Post
The volume OSD on my A2000 has turned into an empty black bar. I'm sure this has been covered here but my searches have been fruitless. I've tried power cycling, disconnecting/reconnecting hdmi out, changing video settings, changing source resolution, to no avail. What do you all recommend?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Usually the power cycle is the trick for the messed up volume bar. Might give that a little more time, but when I've done 5 seconds was all it took.
bustamelon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9302 of 9306 Old 06-21-2017, 02:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMP View Post
Usually the power cycle is the trick for the messed up volume bar. Might give that a little more time, but when I've done 5 seconds was all it took.
If that fails (and it sounds like it did), he can back up his settings and do a processor reset, then restore his settings. That should work too.

And I guess I'll give Yamaha another try. I may have just ended up with a person having a truly bad day. Even a refurb 3050 would work (though a 3060 would be majorly awesome).

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #9303 of 9306 Old 06-21-2017, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
If that fails (and it sounds like it did), he can back up his settings and do a processor reset, then restore his settings. That should work too.

And I guess I'll give Yamaha another try. I may have just ended up with a person having a truly bad day. Even a refurb 3050 would work (though a 3060 would be majorly awesome).
Hey, thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the desktop app. I'll back it up and restore using that... once I unpack it after my upcoming move. By then it will have been unplugged for over a week.

post #9304 of 9306 Old 06-21-2017, 05:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamelon View Post
Hey, thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the desktop app. I'll back it up and restore using that... once I unpack it after my upcoming move. By then it will have been unplugged for over a week.

You can also back up your settings to a USB stick too. Might be faster that way, but who knows. Either way you have a couple options.

post #9305 of 9306 Old 06-21-2017, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
You can also back up your settings to a USB stick too. Might be faster that way, but who knows. Either way you have a couple options.
That too!
post #9306 of 9306 Old 06-22-2017, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Welp, I just tried Yamaha's support line again and this time got the run around like they weren't even aware of the problem at all. They kept telling me to do more troubleshooting even after I listed all of the steps I took along with the results, and said the only thing they could do was refer me to an authorized service center here in my local area.

Does anyone have a specific number I need to be using when calling Yamaha for this? This is beyond irritating. The "tech support" guy as he called himself wasn't even interested in trying to remedy this in any way, shape, or form and right now I'm about two nanometers from being a former Yamaha customer. Frustration doesn't even begin to describe what I feel right now. $2k is far too much to spend on something that didn't even last more than a hair longer than six years. That isn't quality in my book.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page